Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who remembers the Etan Patz disappearance in NYC?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Would've probably had to replace the entire sewer main as well.
    Actually, New York City plumbing codes at the time were pretty lax. You really just had to take Polaroids of your work and file them within 3 years with the Department of Buildings. My uncle Eun Lee was a plumber in Manhattan for 40 years.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Would've probably had to replace the entire sewer main as well.
    All depends on the location its not always necessary or required in alot of concrete basement floor projects.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Actually, New York City plumbing codes at the time were pretty lax. You really just had to take Polaroids of your work and file them within 3 years with the Department of Buildings. My uncle Eun Lee was a plumber in Manhattan for 40 years.
    Any relation to Chum Lee?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    This and the Patz case had us terrified as kids.

True monsters, the lot of these guys. No amount of incarceration or rehabilitation can ever stop them from their predilection for preying on children. Shoot them all in the head and be done with it already.
    Cops were better back then. Back in the day NYC had a height requirement to be a cop. Cops were all over six feet tall and mainly Irish, Italian and Black. Large guys who knew how to work a night stick and use their fists. Cops also took their job seriously. Guy in my building used to beat the snot out of his wife. Cops arrested him once and wife refused to testify and he got off. A few nights later Cops showed up at his door at 11pm in plain clothes off duty wife was there with black eye and they announced since you like to beat up helpless people about time you felt what it was like. They beat the living snot out of that guy. One cop lived on block said if I ever see you again touching your kids or wife we will be back here every night. Monsters need to be treated like Monsters. Todays Cops and Court systems coddle these monsters.

One kid in the Bronx I lived with loved to tag subway cars, "Bombed" tons of them, one night two large Irish he cops caught him in the rail yard at night with skelton key to get into subway cars and his spray paint cans. Did they arrest him NO. Instead they threatend him for an hour that they were going to kill him and no one would know. They then had him get on his knees, close his eyes, they made the click of taken the safety off guns and then they spray painted his face red and he ran off. Dad kicked his butt that night, Nuns kicked his butt the next day. Cops were spray painting kids faces caught. He never did it again and graduated college.

ALso I recall out in Nassau County back 30 years ago two illegals gangrapped a ten year old boy. Police caught them as they abducted kid near a camera. Threw them in jail in large holding pen with other imates announced they were child rapers and guards said they are taking a 30 minute break. Both were so severly beaten they were both left paralized for life. Cops talk to parents and said look if you dont press charges I can have them departed ASAP and load their paralized bodies onto plane and dump them in Mexico and your son won have to stand trial.

Parents said Justice was served. No need for trial. Imagine the two being dumped paralized in their mexican vilage with INS telling authorities in Mexico they are child rapers. Now we make celebs out of the killers.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    This and the Patz case had us terrified as kids.

True monsters, the lot of these guys. No amount of incarceration or rehabilitation can ever stop them from their predilection for preying on children. Shoot them all in the head and be done with it already.
    This, although that's better than they deserve. I say let the parents have an hour with them, Pulp Fiction style.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Cops were better back then. Back in the day NYC had a height requirement to be a cop. Cops were all over six feet tall and mainly Irish, Italian and Black. Large guys who knew how to work a night stick and use their fists. Cops also took their job seriously. Guy in my building used to beat the snot out of his wife. Cops arrested him once and wife refused to testify and he got off. A few nights later Cops showed up at his door at 11pm in plain clothes off duty wife was there with black eye and they announced since you like to beat up helpless people about time you felt what it was like. They beat the living snot out of that guy. One cop lived on block said if I ever see you again touching your kids or wife we will be back here every night. Monsters need to be treated like Monsters. Todays Cops and Court systems coddle these monsters.

One kid in the Bronx I lived with loved to tag subway cars, "Bombed" tons of them, one night two large Irish he cops caught him in the rail yard at night with skelton key to get into subway cars and his spray paint cans. Did they arrest him NO. Instead they threatend him for an hour that they were going to kill him and no one would know. They then had him get on his knees, close his eyes, they made the click of taken the safety off guns and then they spray painted his face red and he ran off. Dad kicked his butt that night, Nuns kicked his butt the next day. Cops were spray painting kids faces caught. He never did it again and graduated college.

ALso I recall out in Nassau County back 30 years ago two illegals gangrapped a ten year old boy. Police caught them as they abducted kid near a camera. Threw them in jail in large holding pen with other imates announced they were child rapers and guards said they are taking a 30 minute break. Both were so severly beaten they were both left paralized for life. Cops talk to parents and said look if you dont press charges I can have them departed ASAP and load their paralized bodies onto plane and dump them in Mexico and your son won have to stand trial.

Parents said Justice was served. No need for trial. Imagine the two being dumped paralized in their mexican vilage with INS telling authorities in Mexico they are child rapers. Now we make celebs out of the killers.

Post is just full to the rim with win.

All League
    When I was 10 or 11 I was at this Fall Festival with my family and got separated from them. This guy with a camera comes up to me and (I have red hair) tells me he's looking for redheaded children to photograph for his photo book or some ****. I said I had to ask my parents and ran until I saw one of my dad's friends. Creepy ****.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    ..it was different back then...i walked to school by myself in first grade...
    Agreed. I grew up in the West Village and I walked to school by myself from a young age.

I was in tenth grade when the Patz story broke. It really changed things for families in the city. And I can't help but recall the sorrow of those parents.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCJETS View Post
    If they find his remains those cops who made that decision should be fired and if they already retired strip them of their pensions.
    The cop in charge of the investigation killed himself in 1986.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    The cop in charge of the investigation killed himself in 1986.
    He did, but to be fair, it was bozz's not on the scene (bureaucrats, as it were) who would have made the call whether digging up the floor and laying out money was an issue.

Its really easy to internalize cases like this and let them eat away at you.

Takes a real robot of a person to have the human skills to be a good investigator... yet not let the things you experience...effect your soul. Very few are so equipped.

If he were still alive today, and they found Etan under this concrete...he would have been devastated.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    He did, but to be fair, it was bozz's not on the scene (bureaucrats, as it were) who would have made the call whether digging up the floor and laying out money was an issue.

Its really easy to internalize cases like this and let them eat away at you.

Takes a real robot of a person to have the human skills to be a good investigator... yet not let the things you experience...effect your soul. Very few are so equipped.

If he were still alive today, and they found Etan under this concrete...he would have been devastated.

He was extraordinarily dedicated, apparently. Poor guy used to walk the route from Etan's house to the bus stop over and over.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    He was extraordinarily dedicated, apparently. Poor guy used to walk the route from Etan's house to the bus stop over and over.
    http://www.nbcnewyork.com/video/#!/o...tive/148155795

Here he is. Its remarkable how crappy that part of Manhattan was then.

-

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCJETS View Post
    I wouldnt know I dont eat Chinese,Korean,Thai cuisine.
    Thats racist.

All Pro
    ...looks like they are done at the site...nothing of substance found so far...

Apparently the police got a confession today....A man in police custody has confessed to strangling Etan Patz, the boy whose disappearance 33 years ago sparked the movement to put the faces of missing children on milk cartons, the New York Times is reporting.

The man, Pedro Hernandez, told investigators he then wrapped the 6-year-old's body in a bag and put it in a box in Manhattan. But when he returned later, the box was no longer there, a law enforcement source told the Times.

[Related: Officials explain why the case was reopened]

The New York Daily News reported that Pedro Hernandez, 67, was picked up in Camden, N.J., on Wednesday.

Hernandez was apparently very emotional during the confession, an unnamed official told the Times, adding that he confession was videotaped, which is standard practice in New Jersey.

Etan went missing on May 25, 1979, while walking alone to his school bus stop for the first time. The bus stop was a just blocks from his home in New York's SoHo neighborhood.

The New York Daily News reported that Hernandez had come up on investigators' radar in the past as a handyman who worked in Etan's neighborhood at the time the boy vanished.

Further details would be released later today, Commissioner Raymond Kelly said in a statement.

"Everyone is looking for closure," Roz Radd, who has lived in neighborhood 45 years told the Daily News. "Hopefully, he can tell us where his body is and the family can get some peace."

The case received renewed attention in April when a basement was excavated near where Etan disappeared. However, it yielded no obvious human remains and little evidence that could help solve the mystery of what happened to the boy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Cops were better back then.
    :usedtobebettercops:

JetsInsider.com Legend

Cops today suck, they want suspects to have due process...right to a fair trial, etc. blah blah blah

What a bunch of hooey. Paralyze them I say!

All Pro
    Why did this guy do this? Something is fishy here. This guy just decided to grab a 6 year old boy and cut him to pieces? Whats the motive.

Was he a child molester?

This was just a one time thing and this guy has never killed anyone since then?

Something about this stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Why did this guy do this? Something is fishy here. This guy just decided to grab a 6 year old boy and cut him to pieces? Whats the motive.

Was he a child molester?

This was just a one time thing and this guy has never killed anyone since then?

Something about this stinks.
    Am I missing something? where did you see he cut him to pieces? Not that strangling the poor kid isnt bad enough, I just didnt see that. The Focker should fry for what he did no doubt,but thats too good for him. Give him to the parents for a while and see what comes of it........

Charter JI Member
    I heard on the radio this morning he started talking about this with his family around 1981, they just now decide to say something about it?