Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jets considering bringing Braylon back - PFT 4/19

much as edwards was a very good receiver for the jets for 2 seasons, he was not re-signed because he overvalued his talent and he was probably damaged. he did nothing for the 49ers and he didn't get anywhere near the money even the jets offered. like any other players, it's got to be on the teams terms.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;4440196] he was not re-signed because he overvalued his talent and he was probably damaged.[/QUOTE]

Yea, kinda sounds like the way Tanny overvalued punktone, and his damaged Brain.

I can't see any real downside to signing a healthy Braylon to an incentive-laden one-year deal, but those who still jerk off to his 2010 highlights should probably check their expectations at the door. He did absolutely nothing in San Fran, which was starved for wide receivers. They had a top-notch defense and a solid running game to set up the play-action just like the Jets did when Braylon was around, and he was a ghost.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 04-21-2012 at 02:03 AM.

[QUOTE=Austin;4439873]I never understood why we let him walk, or why everyone was so convinced Holmes was better.

I'd welcome Braylon back with open arms.[/QUOTE]

x100000

Veteran
    Sign the beast! (if healthy)

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4441177]I can't see any real downside to signing a healthy Braylon to an incentive-laden one-year deal, but those who still jerk off to his 2010 highlights should probably check their expectations at the door. He did absolutely nothing in San Fran, which was starved for wide receivers. They had a top-notch defense and a solid running game to set up the play-action just like the Jets did when Braylon was around, and he was a ghost.[/QUOTE]

He was also injured. Its hard to figure in a teams plans when a receiver can not cut and run. Getting back to 2010 I think that is the real ability of the man and not what we saw from him in SF last year. besides that team is very prone to using their great TE as a primary weapon in the passing game. try that on for factual information.:eek:

In your infinite wisdom please tell us what Braylon did was below NFL for standards for receivers in 2010.:rolleyes:

I do agree with you that Braylon should be signed by the Jets quickly after the draft if he is healthy. He was Sanchez' security blanket and they work together well.

Never should have let him go.

Barring injury, Braylon is a better WR than Holmes. I was not in favor of signing Holmes before Edwards, and would love to see the guy come back.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4441177]I can't see any real downside to signing a healthy Braylon to an incentive-laden one-year deal, but those who still jerk off to his 2010 highlights should probably check their expectations at the door. [B]He did absolutely nothing in San Fran[/B], which was starved for wide receivers. They had a top-notch defense and a solid running game to set up the play-action just like the Jets did when Braylon was around, and he was a ghost.[/QUOTE]
    :huh: I believe he injured his knee in September.

$64,000 question is what will be the status of Braylon Edwards' knee in September? If his knee is ok and he can run and cut at full speed signing him is the most obvious move since anything.

[QUOTE=yanks9596;4441235]Barring injury, Braylon is a better WR than Holmes. I was not in favor of signing Holmes before Edwards, and would love to see the guy come back.[/QUOTE]

Better or not he was still hot garbage here. This is the time to improve this team not step back on O. There is 0 chance he comes back at this point. No one wants him he is average at best. He is 29 coming off a knee injury and has no real football skills still. All he had was his physical play and that has declined greatly. Anyone who likes this guy as much as some on this board seem to better start watching Canadian football is all I'm saying.

[QUOTE=Dreamers;4441300]Better or not he was still hot garbage here. This is the time to improve this team not step back on O. There is 0 chance he comes back at this point. No one wants him he is average at best. He is 29 coming off a knee injury and has no real football skills still. All he had was his physical play and that has declined greatly. Anyone who likes this guy as much as some on this board seem to better start watching Canadian football is all I'm saying.[/QUOTE]

Braylon was hot garbage who made Sanchez and our running game better, performed very well for the Jets in the playoffs and will probably only cost the Jets a 1 yr deal at around $1 mil (which is what he got from the 49ers last season). Jets need to use the draft to get a pass rusher and/or improve the O-line.

[QUOTE=Dreamers;4441300]Better or not he was still hot garbage here. This is the time to improve this team not step back on O. There is 0 chance he comes back at this point. No one wants him he is average at best. He is 29 coming off a knee injury and has no real football skills still. All he had was his physical play and that has declined greatly. Anyone who likes this guy as much as some on this board seem to better start watching Canadian football is all I'm saying.[/QUOTE]

This made no sense.

Excuse me, but are you retarded? Serious question. Not trying to be insulting.

[QUOTE=yanks9596;4441633]Excuse me, but are you retarded? Serious question. Not trying to be insulting.[/QUOTE]

let me guess.... Dale Carnegie is your real name.:yes:

[QUOTE=yanks9596;4441633]Excuse me, but are you retarded? Serious question. Not trying to be insulting.[/QUOTE]

No you actually are trying to insult but I love you anyway. A bad idea is a bad idea and bring back a guy who FAILED AS A JET. Is a bad idea. Dont care if it is to be the 4th or 5th WR I don't want him back in Green. A 4th or 5th round WR can do what he does. He has a much higher down side then up side. I don't even see it as a slight gamble. There is no chance he helps us look better then we have. His loss wasn't even noticed. People who missed him just liked him and I get it but he was nothing as a player here. 2 year and he made me miss some pretty bad WRs with his shotty play. I could care less about his highlight reels he was useless moving the ball most of the game. He will likely not be on an NFL team come day one so I'm not seeing why anyone even wants him to stick up out locker room any more then he already has. Any team even looking at him at this point has to have no hope at all at WR. I don't see us like that. It is very likely he doesn't find a job as an NFL WR and that should tell you something. Healthy or not very few teams would even look at him at this point of his career. He is just done.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Dreamers;4441643]No you actually are trying to insult but I love you anyway. A bad idea is a bad idea and bring back a guy who FAILED AS A JET. Is a bad idea. Dont care if it is to be the 4th or 5th WR I don't want him back in Green. A 4th or 5th round WR can do what he does. He has a much higher down side then up side. I don't even see it as a slight gamble. There is no chance he helps us look better then we have. His loss wasn't even noticed. People who missed him just liked him and I get it but he was nothing as a player here. 2 year and he made me miss some pretty bad WRs with his shotty play. I could care less about his highlight reels he was useless moving the ball most of the game. He will likely not be on an NFL team come day one so I'm not seeing why anyone even wants him to stick up out locker room any more then he already has. Any team even looking at him at this point has to have no hope at all at WR. I don't see us like that. It is very likely he doesn't find a job as an NFL WR and that should tell you something. Healthy or not very few teams would even look at him at this point of his career. He is just done.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm why was Edward's a "bad WR"? You don't give reason why you think he was no good.

[QUOTE=yanks9596;4441235]Barring injury, Braylon is a better WR than Holmes. I was not in favor of signing Holmes before Edwards, and would love to see the guy come back.[/QUOTE]

+1
    Braylon was hands down our best WR when he was with us and he was one of the main reasons why Holmes even had the opportunity to do what he did (just look at Holmes production last year and he was healthy the whole season).

Those who want to point to Edwards production last season have to take into account the he was injured in the pre-season when he collided with Vernon Davis and was not able to recover during the season, hence why he had to have surgery.

[QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4441644]Hmmmm why was Edward's a "bad WR"? You don't give reason why you think he was no good.[/QUOTE]

Every game I watched all I saw was him dog out plays for most of the game. Watching him play was just painful for me because he just didn't care and it showed IMO. He wouldn't go inside and couldn't run a route to save his life. All he did was go deep. We can draft a 4th rounder to do what he did. Everyone brings up blocking and I say big whoop. 1 or 2 blocks a game didn't make this rushing O. He was a diva and we already have enough of those as well. Yes he didn't get alone with Holmes as well and like it or not he is here. Again I also have yet to hear a good reason why we NEED him back. Until someone gives me a real reason I am 100% against him coming back. It would just leave more questions then answers. Draft a WR with that last spot and leave it at that. Don't care if it is a 5th at this point.

[QUOTE=Dreamers;4441643] A bad idea is a bad idea and bring back a guy who FAILED AS A JET..[/QUOTE]

You're FAILING as a poster here......:yes: