Thread: Delaware Goes After Left-Lane Slowpokes

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Delaware Goes After Left-Lane Slowpokes

[QUOTE][url]http://www.newser.com/story/144407/delaware-goes-after-left-lane-slowpokes.html[/url]

The signs say "Slower traffic keep right," but apparently the slowpokes in Delaware aren't listening. The state is looking to crack down on lane hogs who insist on driving at a crawl in the left lane, with the Delaware Legislature considering a bill that would fine such dawdlers as much as $230. The bill would make the left lane for passing or turning only on any road with at least two lanes in each direction, the News Journal reports.

The Delaware Police Chiefs Council and AAA Mid-Atlantic have both endorsed the bill, and the council chair says that though it may be somewhat difficult to enforce, the law "could have a huge impact just by being on the books." Delaware already requires slower drivers to keep to the right, and officials there and in other states are increasing enforcement in an effort to reduce road rage. Says a AAA defensive driving teacher, "If people are passing you on the right, then you're in the wrong lane[/QUOTE]

Please.

Now send people to Ohi-blow and arrest just about 7 out of every 10 of those a**holes. I think it's the law in Ohio that, in order to pass a car on the interstate, you need to be doing no MORE that 1 MPH more than the car that you are attempting to pass.

That way....it takes you at least 3 1/2 years to pass a single car.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4439910]Please.

Now send people to Ohi-blow and arrest just about 7 out of every 10 of those a**holes. I think it's the law in Ohio that, in order to pass a car on the interstate, you need to be doing no MORE that 1 MPH more than the car that you are attempting to pass.

That way....it takes you at least 3 1/2 years to pass a single car.[/QUOTE]

In NJ, this means anyone going slower than 80

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    People who arent driving at least 10 mph above the speed limit in the left lane should not be allowed to drive. Simple as that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;4439925]People who arent driving at least 10 mph above the speed limit in the left lane should not be allowed to drive. Simple as that.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Slow people are worse for traffic safety than speeders.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;4439925]People who arent driving at least 10 mph above the speed limit in the left lane should be killed. Simple as that.[/QUOTE]

Fixed

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4439934]Fixed[/QUOTE]

Swear to Tebow, that is what I originally wrote.

Thought it was a stokesy bit strong though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4439924]In NJ, this means anyone going slower than 80[/QUOTE]

At least. I drive 80-85 on route 80 and still have people tailgating me on a daily basis.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4439910]Please.

That way....it takes you at least 3 1/2 years to pass a single car.[/QUOTE]

Not surprising - if you go to the Delaware shore, you'll see bumper stickers that say "Lower Slower Delaware". I never looked at them closely for the longest while and I just assumed there were a lot of hippies around.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This reminds me of three summers ago when my friends and I were driving through Delaware on our way back from Ocean City, MD. Well we were on the highway and it started raining. Not a downpour or anything crazy just a steady rain.

Every car on the highway pulled over. We slowed down to 75 mph.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;4440002]Every car on the highway pulled over. We slowed down to 75 mph.[/QUOTE]

That's crazy!

You were all driving?

:eek:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is great news. The problem is there are only two highways and a bunch of one lane roads!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJCAP2;4440073]This is great news. The problem is there are only two highways and a bunch of one lane roads![/QUOTE]

I got a friggin ticket on rt 1 in January. I was going about 80 when it goes down to 55, prob around milford. I figured I wad safe in the off season but after thinking about it, the staties have nothing better to do.

You get out on the course yet?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4440084]I got a friggin ticket on rt 1 in January. I was going about 80 when it goes down to 55, prob around milford. I figured I wad safe in the off season but after thinking about it, the staties have nothing better to do.

You get out on the course yet?[/QUOTE]

Locals could slide at 79 in that spot, the ny plates made that honkey salivate.

Been out three times, recently monday, only for 9. Greens are hard as rocks, everything is blooming nicely though. If youre down again, ill get a tee time for us.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DevsJetsYanks88;4439951]At least. I drive 80-85 on route 80 and still have people tailgating me on a daily basis.[/QUOTE]

Yep, humans driving cars are a lot like race horses- they always act like they have a lot more in a hole than they do when they're on their own and nothing is stopping them from going any speed they want.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm pretty staunchly opposed to the death penalty. 'Cept with these people, I'd reconsider.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If only there was a way we could just text the other driver and ask him to move over.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4439934]Fixed[/QUOTE]

BaC for mod - get on the fast-moving bus. :yes: