Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If there was any hope that Manish was still a decent beat writer

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

If there was any hope that Manish was still a decent beat writer

It's all gone down the toilet for sure!!

@TheJetsStream: Some guy named Cimini and I agree on this: The 2012 Jets will finish 9-7. #nyj

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    First of all, great handle.

Pretty soon Manish will be beyond repair. He has been tainted. He has learned that spreading negative press equals more exposure for himself.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you señor. I agree I think he got a taste this last year of what negative publicity brings and has just gone bananas with it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is that an unreasonable position? Or is it the agreeing with Cimini part?

Still, even with Cimini, is that an unreasonable prediction for our season?

What's our O/U right now?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ComfortablyNumb;4440063]Thank you señor. I agree I think he got a taste this last year of what negative publicity brings and has just gone bananas with it.[/QUOTE]

Ummm... He's Indian

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4440068]Is that an unreasonable position? Or is it the agreeing with Cimini part?

Still, even with Cimini, is that an unreasonable prediction for our season?

What's our O/U right now?[/QUOTE]

Not unreasonable, but Manish has been mostly negative lately. Some of that can be attributed to the Jets doing negative things like losing, missing the playoffs, mutiny, etc. But I think Manish will continue to have a negative spin on most things. Time will tell.

I would put the o/u at 8, maybe 9. I think a lot of people are down on the Jets coming off of last year. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets won 6 games and I wouldn't be surprised if they won 11 games. Tough to get a read on this team at this moment. They have some good talent, but they also have a lot of question marks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    A 9-7 prediction isn't exactly crazy by anyone. Why are people getting up in arms over it? Expecting 6-10 or 12-4 is crazy.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    I find it hard to believe that any credentialed writer would make a season prediction before the draft has even been held and the final team is assembled. Very hackish.
    Last edited by THE_SOOTHSAYER; 04-19-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm very, very comfortable predicting somewhere in the range of 6-10 to 10-6. I know that's not the height of courage, but there's too much randomness and unpredictability to get more specific when we don't even have a roster yet.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;4440111]I find it hard to believe that any credentialed writer would make a season prediction before the draft has even been held and the final team is assembled. Very hackish.[/QUOTE]

+1000 :eek:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;4440111]I find it hard to believe that any credentialed writer would make a season prediction before the draft has even been held and the final team is assembled. Very hackish.[/QUOTE]

Completely agreed!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4440110]A 9-7 prediction isn't exactly crazy by anyone. Why are people getting up in arms over it? Expecting 6-10 or 12-4 is crazy.[/QUOTE]

It's not the predicition, it's the trash he's putting out. His "Rex is ready to trade" tweet was pure trash journalism. He is relentless on teblow, and he deletes comments on his news stories that he disagrees with.

He is pure trash and getting worse.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsNeedNewton;4440135]It's not the predicition, it's the trash he's putting out. His "Rex is ready to trade" tweet was pure trash journalism. He is relentless on teblow, and he deletes comments on his news stories that he disagrees with.

He is pure trash and getting worse.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! It's the fact he has to mention Cimini as if that somehow legitimizes his assessment which as mentioned earlier is plain stupid to do this early on.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets play a total of THREE elite QB's all year (Brady, Big Ben, and Rivers). In every other game the Jets arguably have an advantage at QB with Sanchez. I just can't see how you can find 7 losses there. Yea, the Jets could lay a couple of eggs, but ON PAPER, the Jets should win at last 12 games with that sched.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chupa;4440138]The Jets play a total of THREE elite QB's all year (Brady, Big Ben, and Rivers). In every other game the Jets arguably have an advantage at QB with Sanchez. I just can't see how you can find 7 losses there. Yea, the Jets could lay a couple of eggs, but ON PAPER, the Jets should win at last 12 games with that sched.[/QUOTE]

I haven't kept up with all the rule changes but aren't there a couple of players still on the field that might influence things besides the QB? Just askin'

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chupa;4440138]The Jets play a total of THREE elite QB's all year (Brady, Big Ben, and Rivers). In every other game the Jets arguably have an advantage at QB with Sanchez. I just can't see how you can find 7 losses there. Yea, the Jets could lay a couple of eggs, but [B]ON PAPER, [B]the Jets should win at last 12 games[/B] [/B]with that sched.[/QUOTE]

Come on, you can't make this statement about a single team in the league, let alone the Jets.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chupa;4440138]The Jets play a total of THREE elite QB's all year (Brady, Big Ben, and Rivers). In every other game the Jets arguably have an advantage at QB with Sanchez. I just can't see how you can find 7 losses there. Yea, the Jets could lay a couple of eggs, but [B]ON PAPER, the Jets should win at last 12 games[/B] with that sched.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ASG0531;4440198]Come on, you can't make this statement about a single team in the league, let alone the Jets.[/QUOTE]

As loyal and at times blind as I am towards the JETS, I'd have to agree with ASG...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

BINGO!

Pretty much all we need to know about the majority of the beat writers covering this team, and really, many of the journalists in the industry today, they have become hacks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really don't think the draft makes a huge difference in terms of preseason team's win expectations. Unless you're adding Luck or RGIII to your team, you're not going to magically improve. They are all, by definition, unproven rookies.

Unless a team has an exceptional draft, only major trades and key injuries will change how a team looks today vs Week 1.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want Jet articles, it's Cimini and Mehta, they have the sources and they break stories on twitter as fast as they come out. If you want actual Jets talk, the posters here blow away all/any of the beat writers.