Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If there was any hope that Manish was still a decent beat writer

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;4440111]I find it hard to believe that any credentialed writer would make a season prediction before the draft has even been held and the final team is assembled. Very hackish.[/QUOTE]
    LOL. On the same wavelength.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4440737]I don't see how anyone can make any reasonable predictions before the draft, before rosters are set and before any injuries are suffered by key players.[/QUOTE]

What else is there to write about now?

Another story on Tebow?

Pedictions are nothing more than opinions and should be taken with a grain of salt.

9-7 is not realistic. Sadly, I think its being optimistic.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4440737]I don't see how anyone can make any reasonable predictions before the draft, before rosters are set and[B] before any injuries are suffered by key players[/B].[/QUOTE]

This could happen anytime? Same with major trades, at least until the deadline. These factors inherently makes any prediction at anytime meaningless.

The optimal time to make predictions about the 2012 season would be in February 2013. Until then, it's just a game. Are the Jets going to draft enough rookies and cut/sign marginal players to change their win expectations by multiple games? It's highly unlikely.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4440240]If you want Jet articles, it's Cimini and Mehta, they have the sources and they break stories on twitter as fast as they come out. If you want actual Jets talk, the posters here blow away all/any of the beat writers.[/QUOTE]

@Steiny31 is my guy right now for jets News.. while our real beat writers are reaching for articles.. Steiny31 is dropping gems like this.
    [url]http://www.thejetsblog.com/2012/04/20/new-york-jets-updated-player-interest-list/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter[/url]
    Last edited by Scoop24; 04-20-2012 at 07:25 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;4440111]I find it hard to believe that any credentialed writer would make a season prediction before the draft has even been held and the final team is assembled. Very hackish.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Ever since Mehta has been on twitter, his "reporting" has gone down hill. He either regurgitates LaCanfora and Schefter, or tries to be like Cimini and just pull stuff out of his a$$ for the hell of it. There are little to none factual stories, and just a bunch of pandering and sensationalism.

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;4441082]Agreed. Ever since Mehta has been on twitter, his "reporting" has gone down hill. He either regurgitates LaCanfora and Schefter, or tries to be like Cimini and just pull stuff out of his a$$ for the hell of it. There are little to none factual stories, and just a bunch of pandering and sensationalism.[/QUOTE]

Be careful what you write about these elite sports journalists it may just get deleted.:rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4441082]Agreed. Ever since Mehta has been on twitter, his "reporting" has gone down hill. He either regurgitates LaCanfora and Schefter, or tries to be like Cimini and just pull stuff out of his a$$ for the hell of it. There are little to none factual stories, and just a bunch of pandering and sensationalism.[/QUOTE]

Twitter = the death of responsible journalism.

Journalism has become a complete rat race to become the first person to break a story. Validating sources and accuracy has become secondary.

Media malpractice is rampant and it is not just sportswriters and its not just on twitter. The reporting quality of TV and print media is also decaying.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 04-21-2012 at 10:14 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jordy;4440737]I don't see how anyone can make any reasonable predictions before the draft, before rosters are set and before any injuries are suffered by key players.[/QUOTE]

Don't waste your time, he's a numbnut who just can't fathom why anyone would say that. :(

Jets Insider VIP
    Here is something NOVEL Manish why not interview coach Sprags instead of making nonsense up!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

I agree. Manish has turned to the dark side. He's almost as bad as Cimini.

Jake Steinberg >>>>>>>