Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: N.J needs to do something about those who text and drive.

N.J needs to do something about those who text and drive.

Texting and driving needs to be stopped now. Not tommorow not next week. Enforce the law and hand out strict punishment for those that do so. I see people doing it in all kinds of fashions daily. The best was a young girl had her i-phone in an ez-pass holder that was attached to the steering wheel and she was texting while driving and steering.

3 months loss of license $500 fine first offense.
    6 months loss of license $1000 fine second offense.
    1 year loss of license 3 months in jail $5000 fine third offense.

death penalty for jaywalking

All League
    [QUOTE=FF2;4440096]death penalty for jaywalking[/QUOTE]

The Hub would be a ghost town.

They did do something. Its the same fine as speaking on your cellphone.

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4440109]They did do something. Its the same fine as speaking on your cellphone.[/QUOTE]

Its ignored and besides nobody talks anymore all they do is text. :steamin:

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4440114]Its ignored and besides nobody talks anymore all they do is text. :steamin:[/QUOTE]

That's rubbish. It is not ignored.

I like your idea with the fines though

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4440091] The best was a young girl had her i-phone in an ez-pass holder that was attached to the steering wheel and she was texting while driving and steering.

[/QUOTE]

Odd. That seems like it would be [I]the worst[/I], unlessin she was driving a helicoptor.

But you know stuff I dont.

-

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4440114]Its ignored and besides nobody talks anymore all they do is text. :steamin:[/QUOTE]

frigin cops....never there when you need them.

If only we could convince some ex-marines to do the job. They could do it a lot better.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=FF2;4440129]frigin cops....never there when you need them.

If only we could convince some ex-marines to do the job. They could do it a lot better.[/QUOTE]

They should have poleez station annex's next to DD.

Like in the same building.

"Um, lemme have a medium hot coffee, half and a half, no sugar....and (shuffles over 8 feet) Um, lemme say someone took my rims. My car was on milk crates this morning, Officer. Be right back.

(gets coffee.)

-

-

i agree

i think its a bigger problem than drunk driving now

[QUOTE=dickkotite;4440140]i agree

i think its a bigger problem than drunk driving now[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i48/5/3/21/frabz-Not-Sure-If-Serious-899491.jpg[/IMG]

oh im serious......ive had my own shares of irresponsible close calls.

with drunk driving, very few people drink and drive
    with texting, almost everyone is doing it so its worse

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=dickkotite;4440178]with drunk driving, very few people drink and drive
    with texting, almost everyone is doing it so its worse[/QUOTE]

I think you are doing both...right now.

:eek:

-

[QUOTE=dickkotite;4440178]oh im serious......ive had my own shares of irresponsible close calls.

with drunk driving, very few people drink and drive
    with texting, almost everyone is doing it so its worse[/QUOTE]

I cant see how anyone is disagreeing with this. My guess is they are all guilty of texting and driving. Wait if those mocking this will think the same way if they ever have kids who become teenage drivers. Im not here to argue the facts. Look around next time you are out driving theres alot of people doing it.

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4440180]I cant see how anyone is disagreeing with this. My guess is they are all guilty of texting and driving.[/QUOTE]

Dude...I can pretty much guarantee you Hampur denizens aren't big texters while driving.

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4440180]Look around next time you are out driving theres alot of people doing it.[/QUOTE]

I do see drivers texting...

Everytime I look down...

Veteran
    [IMG]http://hopestands.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/church-sign-meeting-jesus-590x4421.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=FF2;4440183]Dude...I can pretty much guarantee you Hampur denizens aren't big texters while driving.[/QUOTE]

You're right what was I thinking that would require owning a car and a cell phone.......:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4440193]You're right what was I thinking that would require owning a car and a cell phone.......:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Plus, driving with gout is challenge enough.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Forget texting. You should see the people who drive with their dogs in the car.

Dog in the back seat? They sloooooooow down when making turns, we practically ride up their asses and knock bumpers all because they couldn't life Woofy home and didn't secure him properly. Can't make a normal-speed turn or he might get hurt. So better to slow down and risk an accident.

Dog in the front seat? My favorite. I've seen men and women with 50 pound dogs between their legs, between their eyes and the steering wheel. I can't even explain their rationale. I've been at red lights, complete stop, staring at a woman with a dog whose paws are on the steering wheel and she thinks I'm the one with the problem.

Texting is bad, but Dogging is worse.

SAR I