Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The NOW officially NOW as of RIGHT NOW Romney thread...

Jets Insider VIP

The NOW officially NOW as of RIGHT NOW Romney thread...

Please sticky Mods...

Since Romney is the GOP nominee, I feel that we need a sticky thread to reflect and show his opinions on subjects...

as of right now.

That will probably change tomorrow. Or it might have already changed.

Or.

Wait?

Did it change?

Just now?

Please post your interpretations of Romney's stances on current issues.

Please also date stamp your posts....

Maybe take a picture of you posting with a picture of the current newspaper in the background....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4440098]Please sticky Mods...

Since Romney is the GOP nominee, I feel that we need a sticky thread to reflect and show his opinions on subjects...

as of right now.

That will probably change tomorrow. Or it might have already changed.

Or.

Wait?

Did it change?

Just now?

Please post your interpretations of Romney's stances on current issues.

Please also date stamp your posts....

Maybe take a picture of you posting with a picture of the current newspaper in the background....[/QUOTE]

Damn..this is dooshy...even for you.

Have we posted Obamer's changed positions?

His record as a legislator?

His flips and betrayals of his lib base whilst following GWB's War plan?

You go first!

-

Hall Of Fame
    Sticky in the Garbage Dump

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=32green;4440201]Damn..this is dooshy...even for you.

Have we posted Obamer's changed positions?

His record as a legislator?

His flips and betrayals of his lib base whilst following GWB's War plan?

You go first!

-[/QUOTE]

Me go first?!

Jeez. That's what I thought this thread was.

But hey. Maybe not.

Get back to me when your party's giant animatronic Mormon weird face decided which part of PK's post it's either for or against or both or neither

Sent from my Anus using TapewormTalk

Jets Insider VIP
    Hey!

That PK guy is bad!

Who wants boobies?

Sent from my Anus using TapewormTalk

LOL, how dare you! :D

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4440237]Me go first?!

Jeez. That's what I thought this thread was.

But hey. Maybe not.

Get back to me when your party's giant animatronic Mormon weird face decided which part of PK's post it's either for or against or both or neither

Sent from my Anus using TapewormTalk[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4440237]

giant animatronic Mormon weird face

Sent from my Anus using TapewormTalk[/QUOTE]

Damned Mormons.... Chopping off heads, blowing up innocent people, flying planes into buildings.

Oh wait.....

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;4440273]Damned Mormons.... Chopping off heads, blowing up innocent people, flying planes into buildings.

Oh wait.....[/QUOTE]

No, no, no, Mormons are the hip Scientologists.

[QUOTE=cr726;4440283]No, no, no, Mormons are the hip Scientologists.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.westernjournalism.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/harry_reid_flips_the_bird.jpg[/IMG]

Plumber you must have missed the new talking points by the Administration. They are no longer calling MR a flip floper on issues, the new agenda is to paint him as a right wing nut job. Flip flopper on issues is yesterday. Get on the stick.

Speaking of flip flop the President out of one side of his mouth calls MR the architect of his great health care mandate when Obama himself ran against mandates when running against Hillary Clinton.:eek:

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/21/us/politics/campaign-memo-in-strategy-shift-obama-team-attacks-romney-from-the-left.html?_r=1&hp[/url]

[QUOTE]Obama strategists insist they’re not flip-flopping on the flip-flopper label, which they believe can serve them well at any given moment. But there appears to be a clear realization that for their particular general election purposes, they may do better with an emphasis on Mr. Romney’s conservative stances.

The reason goes back to the very thing that has, all along, made Mr. Romney the candidate whom the Obama campaign has always viewed as the most formidable out of the Republican herd. Mr. Romney, a former governor of Massachusetts, the architect of a health care plan which is remarkably similar to Mr. Obama’s signature domestic policy item, is still viewed among many independents as something of a moderate, and as such, he is more dangerous to Mr. Obama in a general election than the rest of the Republican field. [/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4440300]Plumber you must have missed the new talking points by the Administration. They are no longer calling MR a flip floper on issues, the new agenda is to paint him as a right wing nut job. Flip flopper on issues is yesterday. Get on the stick.

Speaking of flip flop the President out of one side of his mouth calls MR the architect of his great health care mandate when Obama himself ran against mandates when running against Hillary Clinton.:eek:

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/21/us/politics/campaign-memo-in-strategy-shift-obama-team-attacks-romney-from-the-left.html?_r=1&hp[/url][/QUOTE]

This thread is about what Mitt Romney stands for. Today. At 8:48am EST.

Nobody gives a f*ck about Obama. He is toast.

Tell us what Romney stands for.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4440308]This thread is about what Mitt Romney stands for. Today. At 8:48am EST.

Tell us what Romney stands for.[/QUOTE]

Economic growth through free markets.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4440317]Economic growth through free markets.[/QUOTE]

Not specific enough. Try again.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4440328]Not specific enough. Try again.[/QUOTE]

That's the key difference in the two candidates. One believes in Government control of markets one believes in free open markets.

None of the specifics matter because there are no specifics. We can only have direction. One believes in government manipulation of markets and behavior through regulation and tax policy, one believes in open markets and more personal freedom in economic decisions. One believes in redistribution of a shrinking economy, one believes in more overall opportunity through economic growth.

Neither is going to dismantle the Social Safety net significantly raise taxes enough to impact the budget, do anything about gun control, reduce the number of people in prison, significantly cut the role of our military, disengage our State department, reduce torture, rendition, close Gitmo, stop assassination by Presidential fiat, significantly change SS and Medicare. Both will continue to increase surveillance on citizens and continue to reduce personal liberty.

One will have a flatter tax code and less corporate regulation less behavioral modification while the other will ratchet up taxes on the top which will have little real impact on the budget and continue to reign in free market risk taking. I think Romney will get us more economic growth and in the long run that's a huge plus.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4440308]This thread is about what Mitt Romney stands for. Today. At 8:48am EST.

Tell us what Romney stands for.[/QUOTE]

Smaller more efficient government reducing waste and duplication. A tax code that is simplified and eliminates loopholes that favor the rich. Means testing entitlements so wealthy retirees receive less benefits. A corporate tax that is competitive with other industrialized nations. Border security. Trade policies which prevent China from stealing our intellectual property and stealing our manufacturing jobs through artificial manipulation of their currency. Expansion of Gas and Oil drilling to create millions of new jobs and reduce or eliminate our dependence on foreign oil.

Thats just off the top of my head.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4440365]That's the key difference in the two candidates. One believes in Government control of markets one believes in free open markets. [/QUOTE]

He actually wrote an article pushing for the individual mandate in health care.

Which, of course, he is totally against now.

Saying that Romney "believes" in something or anything is pretty comical. He is a typical, hair parted on the side, empty suit, upper management guy. He listens and agrees with the last person who was in his office.
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 04-20-2012 at 10:27 AM.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4440450]He actually wrote an article pushing for the individual mandate in health care.

Which, of course, he is totally against now.

Saying that Romney "believes" in something or anything is pretty comical. He is a typical, hair parted on the side, empty suit, upper management guy. He listens and agrees with the last person who was in his office.[/QUOTE]

If it wasn't for these so called "empty suit" CEO's most of this counrty would be out of work. Romney is a titan of business. A man that started a company and grew it in to a multi-billion dollar enterprise. We all know the story in 1996 where one of his directors was distressed that his daughter was missing for a few days and he shut down the company, brought everyone there to NYC and eventually found the girl. Empty suit? Then when his country needed him to turn around a failing olympics he left his high paying and prestigious position and chose turned the Olympics in to a success. All the while foregoing any salary. Next he gets elected as Governor of the bluest state in the Union. He worked with democrats there to balance their budget and actually left them with a multi-billion dollar rainy day fund. Unheard of.

All in all the man is clearly an excellent manager. He has been extremely successful in just about any venture he has attempted. I love that he doesn't focus of the social garbage that turns so many people of my ilk away from the GOP. IMO he is arguably the most qualified person to run for the office of the POTUS in my lifetime.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4440450]Saying that Romney "believes" in something or anything is pretty comical. He is a typical, hair parted on the side, empty suit, upper management guy. He listens and agrees with the last person who was in his office.[/QUOTE]
    Care to doubt his leadership ability vs. Obama's?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4440521]If it wasn't for these so called "empty suit" CEO's most of this counrty would be out of work. Romney is a titan of business. A man that started a company and grew it in to a multi-billion dollar enterprise. We all know the story in 1996 where one of his directors was distressed that his daughter was missing for a few days and he shut down the company, brought everyone there to NYC and eventually found the girl. Empty suit? Then when his country needed him to turn around a failing olympics he left his high paying and prestigious position and chose turned the Olympics in to a success. All the while foregoing any salary. Next he gets elected as Governor of the bluest state in the Union. He worked with democrats there to balance their budget and actually left them with a multi-billion dollar rainy day fund. Unheard of.

All in all the man is clearly an excellent manager. He has been extremely successful in just about any venture he has attempted. I love that he doesn't focus of the social garbage that turns so many people of my ilk away from the GOP. IMO he is arguably the most qualified person to run for the office of the POTUS in my lifetime.[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree. The problem is, in this modern world of social networks and Internet message boards with snarky, sarcastic commentators, he's not "cool" enough to be President.

George Clooney is holding a fundraiser for Obama at his house, and if you donate $5 to the campaign, you could win an invitation to the party. An invitation to hang out with George Clooney and his Hollywood pals, including the Celebrity-in-Chief himself. Now that's cool. My God, Obama is so cool. Plus he's black. That's like +5000 points on the hip-o-meter. Remember that time he took the Prime Minister of the UK to the basketball game? He's just like us! He's so cool!! PRESIDENT FOR LIFE!!!

I vote present (132 times) on whether this is a dump thread.