Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mods please help stop the hijackers

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Goodfellaz;4440406]You come to a TEAM forum to glorify a player who, if he wasn't a Jesus fanatic, would be unknown to you. Because he is so religious, and had some moderate success in a weak division, you put down the TEAM's incumbent QB in favor of someone who basically runs the HB option 30 times a game.[/QUOTE]

this is sort of what we are looking to avoid...and to the other side Tebow's religious beliefs have nothing to do with football, so let's just leave that out of the equation for everyone's sanity.

thanks

[QUOTE=jetswin;4440386]please provide specific examples and I will look into whether or not trolling is actually taking place.

ftr, being excited about a player is one thing, and directing every conversation towards that player is something else. We as a board need to realize this and perhaps not be overly sensitive to one side or the other. I'm sure no one wants to see every thread dumped into one pile of steaming blabbering but if that in fact needs to be done it will.[/QUOTE]

You're right, I should have jotted them down, like I said I've got a friggen headache now but will note them as I go along on future threads.

[QUOTE=ucrenegade;4440400]not every thread is he just wants to whine...........i do not see mention of him in the safeties thread or the other ones. The ones he is mentioned in are the ones talking about sanchez which is the QB but running a 2 QB system like they plan of course tebow will be mentioned......:yes:[/QUOTE]

Hi Jack, why so defensive? You know exactly what you are doing. And no, a positive thread on Sanchez coming back ripped (talked to my uh um friend) doesn't have to turn into a tebow diatribe.

Can't you and your friends just discuss the topic? I will call you out as we go along

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=JetsNeedNewton;4440292]The first four threads I opened this morning were all hijacked by the Tebow fanatics... I have a friggin headache to start the day.

Help![/QUOTE]

Personally, I stopped opening up threads for this very reason. I read titles and try to imagine what's inside.

-

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JetsNeedNewton;4440432]Hi Jack, why so defensive? You know exactly what you are doing. And no, a positive thread on Sanchez coming back ripped (talked to my uh um friend) doesn't have to turn into a tebow diatribe.

Can't you and your friends just discuss the topic? I will call you out as we go along[/QUOTE]

so we can critique any player not named sanchez............:confused: He was ripped because the thread was dumb saying how good he looked throwing with no defensive pressure of course he would look good he was playing catch........lol

[QUOTE=32green;4440440]Personally, I stopped opening up threads for this very reason. I read titles and try to imagine what's inside.

-[/QUOTE]

lol but true...

Personally, I'm on the bandwagon now, but I try to keep the Tebow comments to threads that are about him/pertain to him.

I do think it's a bit silly how some people constantly bring him up.

Also, yes, as one poster stated, a lot of Tebow's fans are Christians who only know about him because he's a Christian guy. Nothing wrong with it, but please don't act like you're a football fan/jets fan if you're only here to support Tebow.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=32green;4440440]Personally, I stopped opening up threads for this very reason. I read titles and try to imagine what's inside.

-[/QUOTE]

lol, same here that's why I asked him to point it out :D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4440386]ftr, being excited about a player is one thing, and directing every conversation towards that player is something else. [/QUOTE]

This has nothing to do with Eric Smith.

[QUOTE=FF2;4440347]Blame Rex and Tanny.

This is what they have brought you. And the season is a looooong way way.[/QUOTE]

This! +1

Hall Of Fame
    This team and its fan base has had a huge butt plug rammed into its collective derriere and we are collectively expected to pretend not only that it isn't really present but also that we continue trust the motives of those who put it there in the first place.

And so it goes.

Hall Of Fame
    **Not singling out JNN or accusing him, I am speaking in general.**

Just bc you don't like a certain player or don't agree with another poster's POV does not mean that they don't have a right to share their POV. The "Tebow Fanatic's" POV is just as important to this board as yours.

As for thread hijacking, pretty much every thread gets "hijacked" or goes off an a tangent every now and then. That is what happens on internet message board. Learn to live with it or ignore it. I am sure if it is something egregious, then the mods will handle it.

Like jetswin said the only way to fix it would be to create one pile of garbage threads.

The cure is worse than the disease.

Grow a pair and suck it up.

:P;):D

P.S. I think the mods do a good job. They don't need people crying to them or pointing things out to them. They are very capable. If they think a thread needs to be dumped they will dump it. If someone makes a personal attack, then you should report them. But if they are supportive or critical of a player then that is their right. You can agree do disagree and do it respectfully.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 04-20-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Veteran
    LOL, some people can't help themselves. highjacking a thread bemoaning pro-Tebow highjackers, with a direct shot at Sanchez. You just can't make this stuff up. :D

This is what they have brought you. And the season is a looooong way way.[/QUOTE]

Woody's orders, I'm sure. Lots of tickets to sell. I truly doubt the decision was made by anyone else.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JetsNeedNewton;4440292]The first four threads I opened this morning were all hijacked by the Tebow fanatics... I have a friggin headache to start the day.

Help![/QUOTE]

So you start a Tebow thread to complain that there is too much Tebow talk?:rolleyes:

This is what they have brought you. And the season is a looooong way [B]way[/B].[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4440348]Think it's bad now, [B]what [/B]until the season starts and Sanchez $hits the bed. :eek:[/QUOTE]

I find it ammusing that both of you Pats trolls were so quick to jump on this thread that you both made spelling errors. ;)

Jets Insider VIP

-[/QUOTE]

I always did that with books.

Was never much of a reader.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jordy;4440711]I always did that with books.

[B]Was never much of a reader[/B].[/QUOTE]

Your more a poster boy for provocative posts..:P

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4440464]so we can critique any player not named sanchez............:confused: He was ripped because the thread was dumb saying how good he looked throwing with no defensive pressure of course he would look good he was playing catch........lol[/QUOTE]

I personally made a comment in that thread being critical of Sanchez without bringing up Tebow. I simply stated that musculature is not going to improve his accuracy.

However, here's what you did:

Another poster said:
    [I] [/I]
    [I]"Getting a RT who can block anyone other than a high school football player would help any qb's accuracy."[/I]

And here was your response to that:

[I]"then why was was denvers oline worse and tebow still threw way more td's than int's?.........."[/I]

No one had brought up Tebow until this.

Not to mention it was a really bad analogy considering that Sanchez had twice as many attempts in 2011 than did Tebow. But you needed to find a way to inject Tebow into that thread.

Bottom line, I think you should dial it back.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4440715]Your more a poster boy for provocative posts..:P[/QUOTE]

Are you saying I'm a provocateur?? :O