Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ABC News: New photos of ZIMMERMANs bloody head 3 minutes after fight....

here we go again........

calling 911 a lot is NOT a crime. Being stupid is not a crime either

A 911 operator is NOT a figure of authority. furthermore, the operator said, "We dont need you to do that..." which if you want to pick apart......does not mean the same thing as "Do NOT follow him" or "Sir you are not allowed to follow him. Stop your pursuit or risk charges, do you understand?"

and besides, the whole place is private property. zimmy was an owner of a unit and it was even more his right to do what he felt he needed to do.

You can't trust the report! ABC is run by Libs for Libs!!!!!

[QUOTE=dickkotite;4440703]here we go again........

A 911 operator is NOT a figure of authority. furthermore, the operator said, "We dont need you to do that..." which if you want to pick apart......does not mean the same thing as "Do NOT follow him" or "Sir you are not allowed to follow him. Stop your pursuit or risk charges, do you understand?"

and besides, the whole place is private property. zimmy was an owner of a unit and it was even more his right to do what he felt he needed to do.[/QUOTE]

Following an unarmed man when you're carrying a gun getting in a dispute and shooting him dead at point blank range is probably going to be considered murder by most juries. Carrying a gun for protection also means having some self control. Being stupid when you are carrying and killing someone who is unarmed is definetly a crime.

OMG!

he had the right to carry
    he had the right to question

they obviously got into a brawl....... if treyvon attacked its all justified

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=dickkotite;4440703]here we go again........

and besides, the whole place is private property. zimmy was an owner of a unit and it was even more his right to do what he felt he needed to do.[/QUOTE]
    That's a joke. He went to harrass a guy based on his own judgement; because he knew he was packing. He was confident he could prevail with a gun, otherwise he wouldn't have engaged the young man.

Understand that this is an enormous precedent at stake. Vigilantes are not welcome here; they don't have much training with the public....

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=dickkotite;4440741]...... if treyvon attacked its all justified[/QUOTE]

Okey dokey.

So. How would you prove/disprove that...being that the other eyewitness is kinda dead.

[QUOTE=dickkotite;4440741]OMG!

he had the right to carry
    he had the right to question

they obviously got into a brawl....... if treyvon attacked its all justified[/QUOTE]

Attack doesn't justify, eminent threat of death or severe bodily harm justifies deadly force. Based on the injuries a jury might well not view them as anything close to an eminent threat of death or severe bodily injury. Expert testimony will.

People also have a right to privacy and none interference on public property. A man with a gun who is a self-appointed watcher of criminal activity who follows and questions is engaged in offensive behavior not defensive behavior that could well have caused the brawl.

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4440783]Attack doesn't justify, eminent threat of death or severe bodily harm justifies deadly force. Based on the injuries a jury might well not view them as anything close to an eminent threat of death or severe bodily injury. Expert testimony will.

People also have a right to privacy and none interference[B] on public property[/B]. A man with a gun who is a self-appointed watcher of criminal activity who follows and questions is engaged in offensive behavior not defensive behavior that could well have caused the brawl.[/QUOTE]

Was it public property? I thought it was a gated community...are the two one in the same? Not trying to be a smartass, but maybe there's something about the two I don't understand. Gray area maybe?

Count me as one of those that doesn't take 'We don't need you to do that...' as an order or even asking anyone to do (or not do) anything. Frankly, I don't understand the confusion. Yet, I hear this 'he was told' statement repeated over and over again.

Plenty of blame being spread around on Mr. Zimmerman, and young Mr. Martin. I believe alot of the blame can be spread on the prior criminals that frequented that neighborhood...the catalyst to the formation of the neighborhood watch imho.

From what I've read so far, I believe the prime motivator for each party was fear. I believe Mr. Martin was fearful of Zimmerman following him and acted on it. I believe Mr. Zimmerman had fear of what would happen to him had he not pulled the trigger on who he understandably thought was a grown man.

Dunno how this case will turn out. Even if Zimmerman walks I'm sure there will be civil suits of some sort as a follow up. I suspect Zimmy will be paying for this the rest of his life regardless if he was acting within his rights.

I'm not sure of all the events of that night and what lead up to them. One thing I can be sure of is what I tell my young teenage son about losing his cool and going to fists. About it being a last resort because you never know what the other guy(s) is carrying or to what lengths the situation can go. How things can turn bad very very quickly.

And that wraps up this weeks ABC Kids after school special....

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=frostlich;4441019]Was it public property? I thought it was a gated community...are the two one in the same? Not trying to be a smartass, but maybe there's something about the two I don't understand. Gray area maybe?

Count me as one of those that doesn't take 'We don't need you to do that...' as an order or even asking anyone to do (or not do) anything. Frankly, I don't understand the confusion. Yet, I hear this 'he was told' statement repeated over and over again.

Plenty of blame being spread around on Mr. Zimmerman, and young Mr. Martin. [B] I believe alot of the blame can be spread on the prior criminals that frequented that neighborhood...the catalyst to the formation of the neighborhood watch imho.[/B]

From what I've read so far, I believe the prime motivator for each party was fear. I believe Mr. Martin was fearful of Zimmerman following him and acted on it. I believe Mr. Zimmerman had fear of what would happen to him had he not pulled the trigger on who he understandably thought was a grown man.

Dunno how this case will turn out. Even if Zimmerman walks I'm sure there will be civil suits of some sort as a follow up. I suspect Zimmy will be paying for this the rest of his life regardless if he was acting within his rights.

I'm not sure of all the events of that night and what lead up to them. One thing I can be sure of is what I tell my young teenage son about losing his cool and going to fists. About it being a last resort because you never know what the other guy(s) is carrying or to what lengths the situation can go. How things can turn bad very very quickly.

And that wraps up this weeks ABC Kids after school special....[/QUOTE]
    First of all Zimmerman sounds like a decent sort of guy, stories of him visitng tough neighborhoods to help vulnerable teens, etc. I am sure he thought himself brave (he was brazen for sure); but he comes across as narcissistic. Since we are a nation of narcissists, I fear Zimmerman's exoneration for the reason I posted above.

BTW, with the bolded part...this should be the PROSECUTION'S first order of business: making sure everyone is aware that Z entered into a dangerous area with a gun.

Wouldn't you?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4441029]First of all Zimmerman sounds like a decent sort of guy, stories of him visitng tough neighborhoods to help vulnerable teens, etc. I am sure he thought himself brave (he was brazen for sure); but he comes across as narcissistic. Since we are a nation of narcissists, I fear Zimmerman's exoneration for the reason I posted above. [/QUOTE]

BINGO!!

A decent guy, fueled by ridiculous gun laws.

Florida should really be turned back into a territory. That state had produced nothing of worth for 100 years. It's the armpit of America.

People go there for vacation and then leave.

Hall Of Fame
    This case is a joke. They are making a mockery of a dead teenager. Typical opportunistic politicians and media.

He should have never been brought up on charges. They just did it to satisfy the public outcry. They should have done a thorough investigation before anything. But the blowhards would now allow it.

BTW there is another "stand your ground" case going on right now in Florida. Black on white crime. Not nearly getting the attention of this case.

This is what happens when politics plays a role in the justice system.

I just hope his parents are able to find some peace and that people learn from this so the kid did not die in vain. But as of right now many people are exploiting his death for personal gain.

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4440760]That's a joke. He went to harrass a guy based on his own judgement because he knew he was packing. He was confident he could prevail with a gun, otherwise he wouldn't have engaged the young man.

Understand that this is an enormous precedent at stake. Vigilantes are not welcome here; they don't have much training with the public....[/QUOTE]

everything you said is pure speculation

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4440781]Okey dokey.

So. How would you prove/disprove that...being that the other eyewitness is kinda dead.[/QUOTE]

you cant. you have to give any citizen the benefit of the doubt. innocent until proven guilty

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4440783]Attack doesn't justify, eminent threat of death or severe bodily harm justifies deadly force. Based on the injuries a jury might well not view them as anything close to an eminent threat of death or severe bodily injury. Expert testimony will.

People also have a right to privacy and none interference on public property. A man with a gun who is a self-appointed watcher of criminal activity who follows and questions is engaged in offensive behavior not defensive behavior that could well have caused the brawl.[/QUOTE]

its subjective. the spirit of the law really says if you have good reason to feel that you are in serious danger while being attacked you can fire. if zimmy says he was getting his skull smashed, a witness says treyvon was on top of him smashing his head into the ground, plus now he has the cuts to prove it then he had the right to fire

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4441033]BINGO!!

A decent guy, fueled by ridiculous gun laws.

Florida should really be turned back into a territory. That state had produced nothing of worth for 100 years. It's the armpit of America.

People go there for vacation and then leave.[/QUOTE]

They go back to Buffalo? No that's right, people in Buffalo and the rest of W.N.Y. can't afford to vacation as they HAVE NO JOBS!

Zimmerman had a right to be there. What was Trayvon doing there?

[QUOTE=dickkotite;4441116]you cant. you have to give any citizen the benefit of the doubt. [B]innocent until proven guilty[/B][/QUOTE]

Not anymore . . .

look fellas the law is the law. you may not like this law but it is what it is. it is VERY popular down here and as far as im concerned it makes perfect sense.

if i found out for sure that zimmerman approached treyvon with his gun drawn, i will turn my support towards treyvon

if i find out zimmerman even pushed treyvon....i will change my opinion.

i know how the world works though. i dont have to be there to know this treyvon, while not the worst kid in the world, felt he was being "dissed" somehow by zimmerman and HE took it to a physical level. i believe almost ALL of you know this deep down as well. theres plenty of evidence to show that treyvon was far from a choir boy. lets get real...

zimmerman was stupid, no doubt. But he didnt do anything wrong. he had the right to monitor his development, the right to carry, the right to trail and the right to inquire. all this we know for a fact happened and NO laws were broken.

what we dont know is how the meeting went down. do you guys really think zimmy went up to him and just shot him for kicks? well then why the struggle? do you really think, after monitoring the hood for years, that for whatever reason he just punched this "kid"? thats crazy.. that "kid" is scary looking. he probably could kick my ass hard at this point in my life. he could probably kick most ji posters asses. he has an intimidating look (not the angelic 9 year old pics....the real pics)

why dont you guys admit that deep down you KNOW this "kid" felt dissed, and went after zimmy? you know its what happened. you guys werent born yesterday

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=dickkotite;4441115]everything you said is pure speculation[/QUOTE]

So we're speculating together, into the same stream, tell me: Why did he approach Martin? Or follow him?

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=dickkotite;4441127]look fellas the law is the law. you may not like this law but it is what it is. it is VERY popular down here and as far as im concerned it makes perfect sense.

if i found out for sure that zimmerman approached treyvon with his gun drawn, i will turn my support towards treyvon

if i find out zimmerman even pushed treyvon....i will change my opinion.

i know how the world works though. i dont have to be there to know this treyvon, while not the worst kid in the world, felt he was being "dissed" somehow by zimmerman and HE took it to a physical level. i believe almost ALL of you know this deep down as well. theres plenty of evidence to show that treyvon was far from a choir boy. lets get real...

zimmerman was stupid, no doubt. But he didnt do anything wrong. he had the right to monitor his development, the right to carry, the right to trail and the right to inquire. all this we know for a fact happened and NO laws were broken.

what we dont know is how the meeting went down. do you guys really think zimmy went up to him and just shot him for kicks? well then why the struggle? do you really think, after monitoring the hood for years, that for whatever reason he just punched this "kid"? thats crazy.. that "kid" is scary looking. he probably could kick my ass hard at this point in my life. he could probably kick most ji posters asses. he has an intimidating look (not the angelic 9 year old pics....the real pics)

[B]why dont you guys admit that deep down you KNOW this "kid" felt dissed, and went after zimmy? you know its what happened. you guys werent born yesterday[/B][/QUOTE]

But...that the point! (opinion) He could have run from the beating, held up his hands and said no mas.

What happened?