Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ABC News: New photos of ZIMMERMANs bloody head 3 minutes after fight....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4441162]But...that the point! (opinion) He could have run from the beating, held up his hands and said no mas.

What happened?[/QUOTE]

ok progress. i agree 100% with you.

he could have but didnt. dont get me wrong, i am not happy treyvon died. he didnt need or deserve to die. but if he initiated the fight, threw the first blow, then he created a situation under florida law where he risked his life do do so

but the bottom line is, according to law, zimmy didnt do anything illegal. IF treyvon initiated it

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dickkotite;4441117]its subjective. the spirit of the law really says if you have good reason to feel that you are in serious danger while being attacked you can fire. if zimmy says he was getting his skull smashed, a witness says treyvon was on top of him smashing his head into the ground, plus now he has the cuts to prove it then he had the right to fire[/QUOTE]

The spirit of the law is about self defense. Once an armed man starts tracking an unarmed man who isn't a police officer he is no longer on the defensive.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4440696]Setting the charge at Murder 2 was a big mistake. Should have set it for something he can reasonably be found guilty of -- I don't think he'll be found guilty of murder unless the jury is as galactically moronic (or blatantly biased) as the OJ jury. [B]And if this guy gets a "not guilty," it's going to be Rodney King Celebration Week II.[/B][/QUOTE]

There's already been several nationally documented "beat whitey fo' Trayvon" incidents...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4441231]The spirit of the law is about self defense. Once an armed man starts tracking an unarmed man who isn't a police officer he is no longer on the defensive.[/QUOTE]

Not so sure about that Wb. There was a case in Fla fairly recently (I believe PK posted about it) where a dude who caught another dude stealing his car stereo shot the thief in the back and got off on "stand your ground".

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4441242]Not so sure about that Wb. There was a case in Fla fairly recently (I believe PK posted about it) where a dude who caught another dude stealing his car stereo shot the thief in the back and got off on "stand your ground".[/QUOTE]

The jury spoke, they should in this case. The victims family and the people who live in that town have the right to hear the evidence and decide on the law.

If a jury thinks shooting someone in the back is stand your ground than there is something wrong with the law.

If a jury thinks a self appointed vigilante can track down a kid at night with a gun and shoot him at point blank range is stand your ground so be it.

I'm sure the defense will try to make this case about a 10 second moment and the prosecution will make it about a series of events. People can honestly look at this both ways as this thread indicates.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dickkotite;4440741]OMG!

he had the right to carry
    he had the right to question

they obviously got into a brawl....... [B]if treyvon attacked its all justified[/B][/QUOTE]

I don't see why these "injuries" are a big deal. We know they got into a scuffle. The issue is who was the aggressor. If Zimmerman was the aggressor and he got his ass kicked, then he can't claim self-defense.

Also, Trayvon might have had a good self-defense argument. Strange man following him through the neighborhood in the evening. Wouldn't you feel threatened?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4441242]Not so sure about that Wb. There was a case in Fla fairly recently (I believe PK posted about it) where a dude who caught another dude stealing his car stereo shot the thief in the back and got off on "stand your ground".[/QUOTE]

The difference, although I don't agree with the shooting, iis there was an actual crime taking place.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4441310]The jury spoke, they should in this case. The victims family and the people who live in that town have the right to hear the evidence and decide on the law.[/QUOTE]

There was no jury in that case. Judge dismissed the case before trial.

Nice try though, Winston.

[QUOTE=CR]The difference, although I don't agree with the shooting, iis there was an actual crime taking place.[/QUOTE]

Where is the line, though?

What crimes are or are not allowed to be responded to with deadly force?

I was driving behind someone who was texting and driving. They could have killed me with their car...so I shot them. :dunno:
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 04-22-2012 at 08:21 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dickkotite;4440433]i dont think he can be found guilty of anything else other than 2nd degree murder because thats the charge. correct me if im wrong

this also makes me wonder: did the DA charge him with 2nd on purpose to shut the critics up knowing well in advance that there was no way he would be found guilty? they could actually make a case for manslaughter/15years, but they chose 2nd. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm[/QUOTE]

That is wrong. Involuntary manslaughter will be considered a lesser included charge.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good question, if I'm walking across the street and I see a car coming at me with the driver texting? I'm in fear for my life as well as the other people walking near me.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4441820]There was no jury in that case. Judge dismissed the case before trial.

Nice try though, Winston.

What crimes are or are not allowed to be responded to with deadly force?

I was driving behind someone who was texting and driving. They could have killed me with their car...so I shot them. :dunno:[/QUOTE]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4441820]

[/QUOTE]

=========================================

Ability, opportunity, jeopardy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4442004]Good question, if I'm walking across the street and I see a car coming at me with the driver texting? I'm in fear for my life as well as the other people walking near me.[/QUOTE]

If it was Stokes, you wouldn't see a driver or anyone texting. It would be a unmanned, runaway vehicle.

I'd shoot out the tires...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4441231]The spirit of the law is about self defense. Once an armed man starts tracking an unarmed man who isn't a police officer he is no longer on the defensive.[/QUOTE]

This is really the more important and relevant than blood on Zimmerman's head. We know the 911 operator told him to not follow and stay put, we know Zimmerman did follow and we know that an unarmed 17 year old was shot dead.

To me it's not self defense if you follow someone, instigate a fight and then when you start losing, pull out your gun and shoot them.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4442087] We know the 911 operator told him to not follow and stay put[/QUOTE]

No we don't know that. When Zimmerman told the dispatcher he was following Trayvon, the dispatcher said we don't need you to do that.

Stop watching NBC News.....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades;4440421]Can't be. I was told here that he was fine.[/QUOTE]

How much money is Zimmerman going to get from Msnbc. Another Al Sharpton fiasco. Tawney Brawley, Duke Lacrosse Rape, and Travyon Martin. Enough is enough you race baiter.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;4442094]No we don't know that. When Zimmerman told the dispatcher he was following Trayvon, the dispatcher said we don't need you to do that.

Stop watching NBC News.....[/QUOTE]

Zimmerman alleges he stop following and Trayvon Martin was the one who started the confrontation. After he was heading back to his car. The truth will come out eventually.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;4446882]Zimmerman alleges he stop following and Trayvon Martin was the one who started the confrontation. After he was heading back to his car. The truth will come out eventually.[/QUOTE]

i dont believe it. im sure he inquired/questioned the cat, but i have a hunch the "kid" went to teach him a lesson