Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez Disrespects Tebow per ESPN

Jets Insider VIP

Sanchez Disrespects Tebow per ESPN

Seems like media is craving for a beef here

Now that New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez has spent a few days working out with Tim Tebow, what does he think of his new teammate?

So far, Sanchez is pleased with Tebow's effort in the team's offseason conditioning sessions, he told fans at a paid appearance Thursday night at Westchester Mall in White Plains, the New York Post reported.

"He's been as advertised, as good of a guy, if not better, than anybody said," Sanchez said of Tebow, according to the Post. "So, he's been a great addition so far. I'm thrilled to work with him."

When he arrived in New York, Tebow, whom the Jets acquired in March from the Denver Broncos to back up Sanchez -- and, some have speculated, to give Sanchez a competitive push -- said he would work hard in the weight room.

So far, Tebow has done just that, Sanchez said, according to the report.

"From a competitor standpoint, he's great," Sanchez said, according to the Post. "He's what you want in an offseason program -- working hard, competing with the guy in the weight room. This is a big, strong guy, so it's good for me.

"That's been one of my goals this offseason -- putting on a little more muscle mass. I've taken a beating during the season. It's been a good transition and Tim's been great," Sanchez said, according to the report.

Sanchez took questions from the audience and signed autographs, but declined to speak with a reporter, explaining his handlers were not allowing him to conduct interviews, the Post reported.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...cording-report

Jets Insider VIP
    Dick Semen-i

nuff said

Jets Insider VIP
    WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE? TEBOW IS NOT A QUARTERBACK. TEBOW DID NOT CHOOSE THE JETS, HE STATED THAT IT WAS THE BRONCOS CHOICE. WHY DO PEOPLE THINK THAT SANCHEZ IS GOING TO LOSE HIS JOB TO THIS GUY? THESE ARE PEOPLE THAT DO NOT WATCH THE GAMES.

espn is ****ing terrible.

I don't get it. Where was the disrespect?

"He's a great guy."

How dare he?!

All Pro
    I am confused. Where did he disrespect him?

Veteran
    How does "he's been great" and "better than advertised" equal disrespect?

Bewildered Beast
    Sounds like he dissed Semeni.

odd title for this thread.

Bunch of talking heads looking for ratings. Just watch the video and you'll what a bunch of presumptive morons they are. With a clear agenda

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Bunch of talking heads looking for ratings. Just watch the video and you'll what a bunch of presumptive morons they are. With a clear agenda
    Was just going to say something about that. I have never seen three idiots blathering on about something THEY made up and attributed to someone else quite like that. If I were Sanchez I'd be pissed off about this segment, as it's basically character assassination. Tebow should be pissed too.

Quote Originally Posted by djaparz View Post
    Did Mark Sanchez do the Tebow bow while giving that interview. That where the disrespect comes in. What a joke some of these journalist are that have to try and create something that's not there.

Not really happy that Sanchez put on more muscle mass... Typically that doesn't work out well in sports.

Quicker and more agile is better. Especially in Sanchez' case when he's already a pretty big guy at 225.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    odd title for this thread.
    the video on the link the talking heads are making a case that Sanchez is basically calling Tebow a spotter for him in the weight room. That is why the title says "AS PER ESPN"

"Mark Sanchez happy with Tim Tebow" is the actual title of the article. OP pulled his title off the video from espn.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by tripside View Post
    "Mark Sanchez happy with Tim Tebow" is the actual title of the article. OP pulled his title off the video from espn.
    You are correct

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE? TEBOW IS NOT A QUARTERBACK. TEBOW DID NOT CHOOSE THE JETS, HE STATED THAT IT WAS THE BRONCOS CHOICE. WHY DO PEOPLE THINK THAT SANCHEZ IS GOING TO LOSE HIS JOB TO THIS GUY? THESE ARE PEOPLE THAT DO NOT WATCH THE GAMES.

espn is ****ing terrible.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    Was just going to say something about that. I have never seen three idiots blathering on about something THEY made up and attributed to someone else quite like that. If I were Sanchez I'd be pissed off about this segment, as it's basically character assassination. Tebow should be pissed too.
    Speaking of idiots, I bet Mehta picks this up and tweets it so he can headline his story with it tomorrow. As a headline, it's a hack writers dream. Suck people in who are curious and even though they may not get past the first paragraph he has just upped his readship #'s.

Jets Insider VIP
    Dump

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I don't get it. Where was the disrespect?

"He's a great guy."

How dare he?!
    Quote Originally Posted by djaparz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyan66 View Post
    How does "he's been great" and "better than advertised" equal disrespect?
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Dump
    +1 to all!

This is the problem with the trade, has nothing to do with Tebow or Sanchez, it is the media and his cult following.