Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Six minutes to go. Down by 3...."

[QUOTE=Owen Reed;4441135]Why would you want someone who has never played runningback, and has no interest in being a runningback, to be lined up at runningback?

What are you going to do, trick everybody?

Do you think an NFL defense is going to say, "Tebow's lined up at halfback, Oh My Heavens! What are they going to do? I have no idea what my assignment is!"

Please. :rolleyes:

Gimmicks don't work in the NFL.[/QUOTE]

See that redhead over there?

That's my granddaughter

Bring Brad Smith back to toss the ball.

[QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;4441055]How soon we forget...

[url]http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010112101/2010/REG11/texans@jets#menu=highlights&tab=recap[/url][/QUOTE]

All that I can focus on in that video is what the combination of Braylon Edwards and Santonio Holmes brought to this team. We were a shadow of our former selves last year without Braylon. Let's hope we figure out a way to address that issue. We need to get that right first.

As far as Tebow goes, I see him potentially taking away some of the predictability of last year's offense and giving teams something else to think about anytime he's in the game. Beyond that let Mark win the game, he's our QB.

I like following Manish on twitter because he lets me know if the grilled cheese sandwich Tebow is eating is buttered or not.

He has Tebow information, folks, and he will get it out there.

Where is the dead fish option?

But really, Tebow is a BALLER in the 4th quarter with the game on the line. Sanchez? I'm afraid he'll throw a pick six every time he drops back.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;4441057][url]http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010110700/2010/REG9/jets@lions#menu=highlights&tab=recap[/url][/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010112101/2010/REG11/texans@jets#menu=highlights&tab=recap[/url][/QUOTE]

The kid can straight up ball. Strong arm, quick release, great in the clutch, just needs to shake cobwebs out of his head. The fact that so many people are so willing to get rid of him just shows the complex whimsy of fair weather fans. With some better cohesion with his receivers and a better o-line, he could damn near unstoppable. Tim Tebow, give me a ****ing break.

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4441180]The kid can straight up ball. Strong arm, quick release, great in the clutch, just needs to shake cobwebs out of his head. The fact that so many people are so willing to get rid of him just shows the complex whimsy of fair weather fans. With some better cohesion with his receivers and a better o-line, [B]he could damn near unstoppable[/B]. Tim Tebow, give me a ****ing break.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/6007/elimanningunstoppabledi.jpg[/IMG]

Stop living in the past. This is not the same team. It's obvious and clear as daylight, Tanny screwed up by getting rid of Edwards. This team right now can't do this.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4441027]Change Tebow for McNight and we agree.[/QUOTE]

I want whoever has the hot hand and gives us the better chance to win. It does not matter who the QB is! Winning is all that is important to me. My loyalty is to the Jets not an individual.

New Question. 6 minutes to go, down by 3 The Jets are on their own 20. Who do you want now? I'll tell you one thing, in the original scenario, if the jets are at the 5 it's because Sanchez drove them down the field.

[QUOTE=Apache 51;4441002]Whoever, whatever, just win a GD SB.[/QUOTE]

+1. Just win, baby!

Hall Of Fame
    Six minutes to go, Down by three . . . That is the definition of "Tebow Time".

BTW, Manish must be getting harder and harder for some people to stick up for. He will be a complete troll by the time the season starts.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4441027]Change Tebow for McNight and we agree.[/QUOTE]

+1 ... McKnight is faster and caught a few more passes than TT.

Two minutes to go, up by seven, opposing team has the ball on their own 10 yard line.

Do you call heads or tails in the overtime period?

Definitely McElroy.

Time for a 3-headed monster at QB.

Brett Ratliff can handle the 2 point conversion. That will force defenses to have to prepare for 4 different quarterbacks.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    [QUOTE=srobjets;4441208]Stop living in the past. This is not the same team. It's obvious and clear as daylight, Tanny screwed up by getting rid of Edwards. This team right now can't do this.[/QUOTE]

The question wasnt about the team. It was about the QB and who you would rather have lead your team in the clutch. Any person with a shred of football knowledge takes Sanchez 1000 times over Tebow. Not even a contest.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=srobjets;4441208]Stop living in the past. This is not the same team. It's obvious and clear as daylight, Tanny screwed up by getting rid of Edwards. This team right now can't do this.[/QUOTE]

Ok, this is getting to be a bit much. Since when is Braylon Edwards a future HoF'er?

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4441227]Six minutes to go, Down by three . . . That is the definition of "Tebow Time".

BTW, Manish must be getting harder and harder for some people to stick up for. He will be a complete troll by the time the season starts.[/QUOTE]

How did that work out down by 4, AFC West on the line, at home, against the vaunted Chiefs.

Now, compare that to the Houston game and Indy game.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=red75bronco;4441421]How did that work out down by 4, AFC West on the line, at home, against the vaunted Chiefs.

Now, compare that to the Houston game and Indy game.[/QUOTE]

Who was in the playoffs last year?

Who won the Thursday Night game for their team and who literally threw the game away?

All Pro
    Tebow all the way he may fumble it but at least it will not be a pick 6........:D