Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Thread: Rubio-Romney campaigning..meaningful

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,237

    Rubio-Romney campaigning..meaningful

    I know, I know, it;s just a CNN blog, still...VP choice?

    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...n-with-romney/

    (CNN) – A rising Republican star considered to be on the party's vice presidential short list will campaign on Monday with likely nominee Mitt Romney, campaign officials told CNN.

    Romney and Rubio, a U.S. senator from Florida, will make their first joint campaign appearance outside of Philadelphia, the officials said. Rubio endorsed Romney earlier this month, but the two did not appear together.

    – Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

    Rubio has thrown water on suggestions he would be picked to join Romney on the GOP ticket, saying as recently as Thursday he would reject such an offer.

    "You know that's not going to happen," he said. "The bottom line is I really want to do a good job in the Senate. I think the Senate is a very valid place to shape and drive American policy."

    Rubio's Cuban heritage could help Romney close a 40-point disadvantage to President Barack Obama among Hispanic voters, as

  2. #2
    I'd like either Rubio or Chris Christie. Saw a report on Fox News about New Jersey things are really changing for the better in that state and people are noticing.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Posts
    4,805
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I'd like either Rubio or Chris Christie. Saw a report on Fox News about New Jersey things are really changing for the better in that state and people are noticing.


    NJ at this minute has 9% unemployment.
    NJ's bond rating was downgraded in April 2011.
    NJ has $50+ billion in unfunded obligations.

    The Republicans can keep shouting what a great job of managing NJ's economy Governor Christie has done but there is plenty of evidence that little of it is true.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    NJ at this minute has 9% unemployment.
    NJ's bond rating was downgraded in April 2011.
    NJ has $50+ billion in unfunded obligations.

    The Republicans can keep shouting what a great job of managing NJ's economy Governor Christie has done but there is plenty of evidence that little of it is true.
    Chris Christie has had to clean up alot of the corruption in Trenton. The unemployment figures have more to do with Obama raising taxes.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Posts
    4,805
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Chris Christie has had to clean up alot of the corruption in Trenton. The unemployment figures have more to do with Obama raising taxes.
    The corruption clean-up he did before becoming Governor.

    Governor Christie beat Governor Corzine like a drum with NJ's unemployment numbers during the 2009 election campaign.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Chris Christie has had to clean up alot of the corruption in Trenton. The unemployment figures have more to do with Obama raising taxes.
    What taxes were raised by Obama?

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    What taxes were raised by Obama?
    All of them.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    What taxes were raised by Obama?


    The only tax i can remember Obama signing into law was a cigarette tax.....



    He has not raised income taxes an in fact extended the Bush tax cuts....He also reduced taxes the last 2 years for every working american with the 2% reduction in the payroll tax......

    He wanted to repeal the Bush tax cuts but gave in to the GOP to get the payroll tax cut approved.....

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,353
    I think Rubio would be a good choice, but I'd really like to see Col. Allen West as VP. I love the guy and hope he runs for President in the future....

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    I think Rubio would be a good choice, but I'd really like to see Col. Allen West as VP. I love the guy and hope he runs for President in the future....
    LOL, you are hysterical.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,923
    CR Why is his statement hysterical? Rubio would be great, West kind of goes ballistic at times but he speaks from the heart.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,108
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    I think Rubio would be a good choice, but I'd really like to see Col. Allen West as VP. I love the guy and hope he runs for President in the future....
    You have a better chance of seeing Col. Klink

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,923
    Do you mean Biden?

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,550
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I'd like either Rubio or Chris Christie. Saw a report on Fox News about New Jersey things are really changing for the better in that state and people are noticing.
    That is fascinating.

    Yesterday I saw a commercial from Pepsi stating that Pepsi is better then Coke
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 04-22-2012 at 12:55 AM.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    CR Why is his statement hysterical? Rubio would be great, West kind of goes ballistic at times but he speaks from the heart.
    West is a Newt wanna be.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,353
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    LOL, you are hysterical.
    Says the Obumbles supporter....


  17. #17
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788
    Has West named all the commies yet?

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,537
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    That is fascinating.

    Yesterday I saw a commercial from Pepsi stating that Pepsi is better then Coke
    What's funny is that you actually think the Christie-bashing sources you link here constantly are any less biased than Fox News.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,353
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Has West named all the commies yet?
    Yes.

    FF2 was at the top of the list...

  20. #20
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    Yes.

    FF2 was at the top of the list...
    LOLz...finally I'm #1 at something!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us