Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trevor Pryce writes an open letter to Rex.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shuler82;4441678]Am I the only one who thinks that he wasn't actually serious about coming back? I mean.. It makes for a nice article about the young bored retired athlete, but wouldn't he just give Rex a call instead of penning an editorial in the nyt?[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. This piece is not about wanting to play. It's about his life after football. That "cold day" in Pittsburgh was when he knew he it was time to hang 'em up. Very well written I might add. Pryce could certainly find work writing about the NFL.
    Last edited by RoadFan; 04-22-2012 at 02:16 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Iíve been preparing for retirement since the Denver Broncos drafted me in the first round in 1997. I was part of the inaugural rookie symposium the N.F.L. conducts to help college players make the transition to professional football. [B]Three days of meetings pretty much consisted of the same two messages: use a condom and save your money.
    [/B]

I guess Cromartie missed those meetings.:yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a coup this would be if the Jets could actually get Pryce re signed. A 40 year old defensive end that hasn't played the game in a year? Probably come back and have a 19 sack season, at the very least. Does anybody know where Kimo Von Oelhoffen is at? He's been retired for a few years now, so he should be fresh and ready to bring the quarterback down a bunch of times also!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16;4442035]What a coup this would be if the Jets could actually get Pryce re signed. A 40 year old defensive end that hasn't played the game in a year? Probably come back and have a 19 sack season, at the very least. Does anybody know where Kimo Von Oelhoffen is at? He's been retired for a few years now, so he should be fresh and ready to bring the quarterback down a bunch of times also!!!![/QUOTE]

What about bringing Vinny in for backup QB??:D

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4442037]What about bringing Vinny in for backup QB??:D[/QUOTE]

Ok as long as he doesnt bring along his niece.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4441372]Rex should at least give him an opportunity to make the team. If he can still play as a situational pass rusher why not?[/QUOTE]

I totally agree, take a flyer and see how he does....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;4442097]I totally agree, take a flyer and see how he does....[/QUOTE]

Agree.
    At worse he may teach Wilkerson and Ellis a thing or two.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4442037]What about bringing Vinny in for backup QB??:D[/QUOTE]

Vinny doesn't come here to be a backup, he's a starter. Hopefully the Jets can get VT back, but he probably wants to stay retired unfortunately.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RoadFan;4441785]I agree with you. This piece is not about wanting to play. It's about his life after football. That "cold day" in Pittsburgh was when he knew he it was time to hang 'em up. Very well written I might add. Pryce could certainly find work writing about the NFL.[/QUOTE]
    Agreed. It's simply not an "open letter to Rex".

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cant wait;4441400]couldn't hurt... we could have used him when devito went down last year[/QUOTE]
    Yeah the guy always made an impact when on the field.As part of the DL rotation he should be fine - provided he's game ready

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt he's got anything left to offer but I still think Rex should give him a shot. Who knows? We could end up with a very cheap part time lineman that we play during obvious passing downs.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought he was a great rotational player for us

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4441783]Nice piece, impressive piece...

But the bigger deal for me is how revered Rex Ryan is to Pryfe and who inspired him to write it

Some of the cLowns on this site and others to be fair started crying for his departure after a season that started in promising fashion but had a bumpy finish. If you read this board as a neutral, one would think the Jets had just finished a 1-15 season.[/QUOTE]
    I don't think anyone here denies that defensive players love Rex.

I think we all recognize his talent as a defensive coach.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;4442097]I totally agree, take a flyer and see how he does....[/QUOTE]
    LOL. It's okay to sign a 36 year old DE but not a 33 (actually 32) year old CB?

And yes, you based your opinion on Chris Johnson solely on age.