Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Here is my Jets mock...

Here is my Jets mock...

Last year I nailed Wilkerson and Ellis, lets see if the trend continues:

1) S- Mark Barron- This pick is a bit of a reach, but it will complete our secondary, after Barron it's slim pickings at the safety spot.

2) OLB- Vinny Curry- With McClellin, Mercilus and Upshaw gone, Curry makes the most sense, he's stronger and more aggressive than either Branch or Irvin and bigger and a better pass rusher than Ronnell Lewis.

3) RB- Isaiah Pead- We go for the homerun threat in the third round with Pead, think Leon Washington only faster and a better inside runner.

5) QB- Ryan Lindley- We will draft another QB and piss off a lot of people in the process. With some coaching Lindley will be one of the top two or three QB's in this draft down the line, just wait.

6) WR- AJ Jenkins- This draft is deep at WR and we will strike gold in the 6th round with Jenkins. Think of a taller faster JCo, Jenkins can do it all he can play outside or in the slot and is fast enough (4.39 40) to blow off the top of a secondary, I think he will be a number one receiver in two or three years.

6) OT Jeff Adams- Long and athletic, a good LT prospect we can groom to take over next year at RT, but I think he's good enough to back up Brick at LT, we have no one behind Brick right now.

6) CB- Omar Bolden- Injuries have kept Bolden back, but on talent alone he's a first day talent. A bit of a risk, but the rewards are high with Bolden, he has starter potential. Kinda reminds me of Dwight Lowery in that he might be able to play safety too.

7) FS- Trevor Coston- I love this kid's potential, Coston has 4.4 speed and nearly 40 inch vertical leap, good enough for me to throw a 7th rounder on him, sounds like the type of guy Westhoff loves.

7) OLB Kyle Wilber- Here's a guy that goes 6.4 250, ran a 4.64 at the combine and was a nightmare playing for Wake, trust me I saw plenty of Wilber to know he can make a good player in the NFL. He's very coachable and I think he might be able to play inside as well in a 3-4.

7) K Dustin Hopkins- Tanny will throw Westhoff another bone here in the form of Hopkins, Folk needs to be pushed again and we will not stop looking under every stone, rock and crevice for his replacement, punter Shaun Powell also from FSU would be a nice pick here as well, but I think he's more of a FA type, although it would be nice to land both FSU guys, they were very good together.

There you have it folks, this draft would not please everybody, but I think it would go a long way in creating some depth for years to come. I think the Jets like Schladereauf and Howard so I don't think they will go OL early, I also think they will bring Braylon back so forget guys like Floyd or Wright in the first or second rounds. My favorite pick in this whole draft would be Jenkins in the 6th, I think the kid will go late to someone and become a star.

I'll take that in a second. Awesome first 3 picks.

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4441409]I'll take that in a second. Awesome first 3 picks.[/QUOTE]

Some players will rise and others will drop, it happens every year. I think the draft is very deep at DE/OLB again so Curry will drop, he's a solid late first round talent in my opinion, maybe last year he goes late first early second, but this year he will probably drop to the middle of the second unless a team falls in love with him. Ideally I would love nothing more than for McClellin to drop to the second round, but that seems highly unlikely the way he's been rising lately.

It would awesome to find a starting caliber/franchise QB in the middle rounds, Green Bay has had tremendous success drafting QB's in the last 20 years or so, they traded for Favre eventhough they had Dan (magic) Majkowski, then they went and drafted Mark Brunnell, Matt Hasselback, Aaron Brooks, Aaron Rodgers and last but not least Matt Flynn... Tannenbaum has mentioned liking this strategy, that's why I like the idea of drafting a guy like Lindley eventhough we already have Sanchez and Tebow onboard.

I don't think Barron is a reach. Nice.

Jets Insider VIP
    You were very accurate in your picks last year and based on what I see here the Jets could do far worse....

Nice Job!!!

Lombardi just said on NFL Network Barron is going to the Bills at #10

He has Ingram to the Jets

And Pat Kirwan said yesterday Barron is generating a lot of buzz throughout the NFL right now.
    Last edited by C Mart; 04-21-2012 at 04:22 PM.

[QUOTE=green and white forever;4441453]I don't think Barron is a reach. Nice.[/QUOTE]

It is when you consider that Barron is not a Reed or Polamalu type prospect, he's not even a Landry or Berry type prospect. But the pickings are so slim and the Jets are so needy at FS that it's the pick that makes most sense, especially since this year we can still grab an impact pass rusher in the second. It's a need pick all the way so don't be surprised if we don't make this pick and go after a guy like Coples if he's still there or a WR like Floyd even if we bring Braylon back, Rex and Tanny have stressed they will go for BPA, Barron may not be that guy. I just think Barron would fit right in.

Another scenario that works for me would be: 1) OLB McClellin and 2) S Markelle Martin, again keeping need in mind. We might be able to achieve this by trading down and picking up an additional 3rd rounder.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4441466]Lombardi just said on NFL Network Barron is going to the Bills at #10

He has Ingram to the Jets

And Pat Kirwan said yesterday Barron is generating a lot of buzz throughout the NFL right now.[/QUOTE]

One thing don't believe any of the smoke you hear the month of the draft. I would be shocked the Jets get Ingram at 16.

Hall Of Fame
    Which pick is Rex's?

[QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;4441475]One thing don't believe any of the smoke you hear the month of the draft. I would be shocked the Jets get Ingram at 16.[/QUOTE]

I know...But Kirwan is tapped into the NFL inner circles..

And Kirwan did a mock yesterday and Ingram went #15 to Seattle (Philly traded with Seattle up to #12 and took Barron).
    Last edited by C Mart; 04-21-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Slikmojet;4441396]Last year I nailed Wilkerson and Ellis, lets see if the trend continues:

1) [B]S- Mark Barron[/B]- This pick is a bit of a reach, but it will complete our secondary, after Barron it's slim pickings at the safety spot.

2) [B]OLB- Vinny Curry[/B]- With McClellin, Mercilus and Upshaw gone, Curry makes the most sense, he's stronger and more aggressive than either Branch or Irvin and bigger and a better pass rusher than Ronnell Lewis.

3) [B]RB- Isaiah Pead[/B]- We go for the homerun threat in the third round with Pead, think Leon Washington only faster and a better inside runner.

5) QB- Ryan Lindley- We will draft another QB and piss off a lot of people in the process. With some coaching Lindley will be one of the top two or three QB's in this draft down the line, just wait.

6) [B]WR- AJ Jenkins[/B]- This draft is deep at WR and we will strike gold in the 6th round with Jenkins. Think of a taller faster JCo, Jenkins can do it all he can play outside or in the slot and is fast enough (4.39 40) to blow off the top of a secondary, I think he will be a number one receiver in two or three years.

6) OT Jeff Adams- Long and athletic, a good LT prospect we can groom to take over next year at RT, but I think he's good enough to back up Brick at LT, we have no one behind Brick right now.

6) CB- Omar Bolden- Injuries have kept Bolden back, but on talent alone he's a first day talent. A bit of a risk, but the rewards are high with Bolden, he has starter potential. Kinda reminds me of Dwight Lowery in that he might be able to play safety too.

7) FS- Trevor Coston- I love this kid's potential, Coston has 4.4 speed and nearly 40 inch vertical leap, good enough for me to throw a 7th rounder on him, sounds like the type of guy Westhoff loves.

7) OLB Kyle Wilber- Here's a guy that goes 6.4 250, ran a 4.64 at the combine and was a nightmare playing for Wake, trust me I saw plenty of Wilber to know he can make a good player in the NFL. He's very coachable and I think he might be able to play inside as well in a 3-4.

7) K Dustin Hopkins- Tanny will throw Westhoff another bone here in the form of Hopkins, Folk needs to be pushed again and we will not stop looking under every stone, rock and crevice for his replacement, punter Shaun Powell also from FSU would be a nice pick here as well, but I think he's more of a FA type, although it would be nice to land both FSU guys, they were very good together.

There you have it folks, this draft would not please everybody, but I think it would go a long way in creating some depth for years to come. I think the Jets like Schladereauf and Howard so I don't think they will go OL early, I also think they will bring Braylon back so forget guys like Floyd or Wright in the first or second rounds. My favorite pick in this whole draft would be Jenkins in the 6th, I think the kid will go late to someone and become a star.[/QUOTE]

Love these picks, I hope this is our draft (except the Lindley pick)

Whatever happens I want Jerry Franklin and George Bryan somewhere in day 2. I know Jerry Reese has a lock on Franklin somewhere in day 2 since the Giants need a MLB and Franklin is a very underrated prospect. Would be nice to stick it to the Giants while getting some ILB depth.

Don't really understand the Baron love - I guess the Jets are so out of options at FS + Landry's injury prone and Eric Smith sucks the fans are getting desperate for any Safety help even if it means passing up rarer, better prospects at 16.

[QUOTE=detjetsfan;4441510]Whatever happens I want Jerry Franklin and George Bryan somewhere in day 2. I know Jerry Reese has a lock on Franklin somewhere in day 2 since the Giants need a MLB and Franklin is a very underrated prospect. Would be nice to stick it to the Giants while getting some ILB depth.

Don't really understand the Baron love - I guess the Jets are so out of options at FS + Landry's injury prone and Eric Smith sucks the fans are getting desperate for any Safety help even if it means passing up rarer, better prospects at 16.[/QUOTE]

There's a good chance Barron won't even be on the board when #16 rolls around

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=detjetsfan;4441510]Whatever happens I want Jerry Franklin and [B]George Bryan[/B] somewhere in day 2. I know Jerry Reese has a lock on Franklin somewhere in day 2 since the Giants need a MLB and Franklin is a very underrated prospect. Would be nice to stick it to the Giants while getting some ILB depth.

Don't really understand the Baron love - I guess the Jets are so out of options at FS + Landry's injury prone and Eric Smith sucks the fans are getting desperate for any Safety help even if it means passing up rarer, better prospects at 16.[/QUOTE]

Like this TE for the Jets.

[QUOTE=C Mart;4441518]There's a good chance Barron won't even be on the board when #16 rolls around[/QUOTE]

Good. If he ends up being Michael Huff part deux the Jets will be dodging a bullet.

I want a pass rushing OLB or RT upgrade. I don't buy this whole idea that Barron's the only Safety in this year's draft our best Safety since Victor Green was Kerry Rhodes a 4th round pick.

That is an excellent draft overall and I don't even mind you taking a QB if you think Lindley is the real deal. I would like a TE in there somewhere if possible but other than that I would be very happy with this draft.

[QUOTE=Beerfish;4441549]That is an excellent draft overall and I don't even mind you taking a QB if you think Lindley is the real deal. I would like a TE in there somewhere if possible but other than that I would be very happy with this draft.[/QUOTE]

I think we're fine at TE, I like the potential of this unit and don't see why we need to add more youth, maybe a veteran addition would be more in line. Keller is the starter then Cumberland figures to get a lot of playing time, then you have two young players in Josh Baker who I like a lot and newly signed Dedrick Epps who I saw play quite a bit in Miami and has some talent. We also have Hayden Smith who will be tucked away most probably in the PS.

Veteran
    Not much to add Silkmo but I enjoyed looking at your Mock Draft and the reasoning behind it. I can't see the front office carry four qb's this year unless they want to send a message by cutting McElroy because of his comments in the media in the off season " Loose lips sink ships ! "

After watching Janoris Jenkin's highlights against Alabama in 2010, I kept seeing McElroy play like champ, dominate the tape . Despite his physical limitations I hope they do not get rid of Greg McElroy.

[QUOTE=Gangrene;4441621]Not much to add Silkmo but I enjoyed looking at your Mock Draft and the reasoning behind it. I can't see the front office carry four qb's this year unless they want to send a message by cutting McElroy because of his comments in the media in the off season " Loose lips sink ships ! "

After watching Janoris Jenkin's highlights against Alabama in 2010, I kept seeing McElroy play like champ, dominate the tape . Despite his physical limitations I hope they do not get rid of Greg McElroy.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you saw Tannenbaum's pre-draft conference but he did mention the possibility of adding 4 QBs, in fact his body language told me this is in fact what they're planning on doing. I think they will draft a QB and if the rook proves to be head and shoulders better than McElroy I think they will keep him and drop McElroy. I think what he did making those comments at the most inopportune times really pissed off the coaching staff and the FO, I don't think that went down well at all. I wouldn't be surprised if he's not already in Rex's doghouse.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4441481]I know...But Kirwan is tapped into the NFL inner circles..

And Kirwan did a mock yesterday and Ingram went #15 to Seattle (Philly traded with Seattle up to #12 and took Barron).[/QUOTE]

Kirwin is the one "expert" I respect, enjoy listening him talking ball on Siruis NFL. I would love Ingram but I would be shocked he makes it to 16.