Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Here is my Jets mock...

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4441409]I'll take that in a second. Awesome first 3 picks.[/QUOTE]

+1

But with the moves this front office has been making the past 1 1/2 years I'm skeptical of everything at this point.

[QUOTE=Slikmojet;4441468]It is when you consider that Barron is not a Reed or Polamalu type prospect, he's not even a Landry or Berry type prospect. But the pickings are so slim and the Jets are so needy at FS that it's the pick that makes most sense, especially since this year we can still grab an impact pass rusher in the second. It's a need pick all the way so don't be surprised if we don't make this pick and go after a guy like Coples if he's still there or a WR like Floyd even if we bring Braylon back, Rex and Tanny have stressed they will go for BPA, Barron may not be that guy. I just think Barron would fit right in.

Another scenario that works for me would be: 1) OLB McClellin and 2) S Markelle Martin, again keeping need in mind. We might be able to achieve this by trading down and picking up an additional 3rd rounder.[/QUOTE]

Do you like Iloka in round 2 if Martin isn't there?

[QUOTE=Slikmojet;4441632]I don't know if you saw Tannenbaum's pre-draft conference but he did mention the possibility of adding 4 QBs, in fact his body language told me this is in fact what they're planning on doing. I think they will draft a QB and if the rook proves to be head and shoulders better than McElroy I think they will keep him and drop McElroy. I think what he did making those comments at the most inopportune times really pissed off the coaching staff and the FO, I don't think that went down well at all. I wouldn't be surprised if he's not already in Rex's doghouse.[/QUOTE]

Slik, you nailed it. I feel the same regarding the QB position, I think Jets could definitely draft one and McElroy is the guy on the hot seat.

Nice draft, would love Barron, but don't think he drops.

I'm not sure what to think about the TE position either, I absolutely love the kid from Stanford, he could be a beast. But, I do agree with your point about Cumberland, and even Baker to an extent. Epps is an intriguing player, and then we have the Hayden Smith project, who has real potential but is raw.

But if Jets go BAP, I could see a TE in the 2nd or 3rd round.

IMO, S, OLB, WR, RB, LB, and TE will be the top of the board positions in their draft.

I also agree regarding our depth on the OL with Schlauderaff and Howard, and either Hunter or Ducasse as the swing tackle. If Jets go after OL, I think it will be a versatile OG/OT. O'Dowd is also intriguing at C, and the team also likes the upside in Trevor Canfield.

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4441696]Slik, you nailed it. I feel the same regarding the QB position, I think Jets could definitely draft one and McElroy is the guy on the hot seat.

Nice draft, would love Barron, but don't think he drops.

I'm not sure what to think about the TE position either, I absolutely love the kid from Stanford, he could be a beast. But, I do agree with your point about Cumberland, and even Baker to an extent. Epps is an intriguing player, and then we have the Hayden Smith project, who has real potential but is raw.

But if Jets go BAP, I could see a TE in the 2nd or 3rd round.

IMO, S, OLB, WR, RB, LB, and TE will be the top of the board positions in their draft.

I also agree regarding our depth on the OL with Schlauderaff and Howard, and either Hunter or Ducasse as the swing tackle. If Jets go after OL, I think it will be a versatile OG/OT. O'Dowd is also intriguing at C, and the team also likes the upside in Trevor Canfield.[/QUOTE]

I really like Canfield, I got a chance to talk to him quite a bit a couple of years ago when he went to the Senior Bowl at Mobile, the kid is a class act. He's a tough SOB too, other than BJ Raji who was manhandling everybody the kid held his own, I thought he was the toughest guy I saw out of the OL group, maybe not the most athletic or the strongest, but he was the toughest and meanest SOB out there, scrums where he was involved always got real scrappy and the hits were louder, this kid's a true football player not some candy ass punk.

[QUOTE=green and white forever;4441688]Do you like Iloka in round 2 if Martin isn't there?[/QUOTE]

I like the kid from Montana better, he's a tweener CB who can also project to FS, forget his name now.

All League
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4441518]There's a good chance Barron won't even be on the board when #16 rolls around[/QUOTE]

I would be surprised if he's not a top-10 pick.

[QUOTE=Slikmojet;4441607]I think we're fine at TE, I like the potential of this unit and don't see why we need to add more youth, maybe a veteran addition would be more in line. Keller is the starter then Cumberland figures to get a lot of playing time, then you have two young players in Josh Baker who I like a lot and newly signed Dedrick Epps who I saw play quite a bit in Miami and has some talent. We also have Hayden Smith who will be tucked away most probably in the PS.[/QUOTE]

I don't think we have good enough blockers at TE. Sparano runs a fair bit of two TE sets and max protect sets with a te that must be able to be a good blocker. Thus my comment.

[QUOTE=Beerfish;4441739]I don't think we have good enough blockers at TE. Sparano runs a fair bit of two TE sets and max protect sets with a te that must be able to be a good blocker. Thus my comment.[/QUOTE]

I think if the Jets don't go TE in the draft, they sing a TE like Fasano.

IMO, Fasano would be a perfect fit on this team right now, that I'm not sure why the Jets haven't signed him yet.

Unless, Fasano will be packaged into the same group of players along with Braylon Edwards, and Jim Leonard, all of whom the team could sign after the draft for vet minimum deals, or something close, all depending on what the team does in the draft.

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4441769]I think if the Jets don't go TE in the draft, they sing a TE like Fasano.

IMO, Fasano would be a perfect fit on this team right now, that I'm not sure why the Jets haven't signed him yet.

Unless, Fasano will be packaged into the same group of players along with Braylon Edwards, and Jim Leonard, all of whom the team could sign after the draft for vet minimum deals, or something close, all depending on what the team does in the draft.[/QUOTE]

I would love Fasano, I think he's a rich man's Anthony Becht.

[QUOTE=Slikmojet;4441772]I would love Fasano, I think he's a rich man's Anthony Becht.[/QUOTE]

Still a relatively young player, played under Fasano, he's a beast, a very good blocking TE, and can be a servicable weapon as a receiver. Played under Sparano, a plus. A TE tandem of Keller and Fasano, sprinkled in with Cumberland and Baker, with Hayden on horizon. I like it.

Not crazy about Barron but if the board falls just right, he may be our only feasible option there.

LOVE Pead in the third. He's my secret crush in the 3rd round (who I'm sure will bust if the Jets picked him, but will turn into a nice scat back for like the Chargers or someone)

Not crazy about Vinny Curry after I saw how absurdly low SackSEER had him. Wouldn't be a bad pick I'm just no longer as sure about it.

Trumaine Johnson is the tweener CB you're thinking of.

[QUOTE=Astoria;4441779]Not crazy about Barron but if the board falls just right, he may be our only feasible option there.

LOVE Pead in the third. He's my secret crush in the 3rd round (who I'm sure will bust if the Jets picked him, but will turn into a nice scat back for like the Chargers or someone)

Not crazy about Vinny Curry after I saw how absurdly low SackSEER had him. Wouldn't be a bad pick I'm just no longer as sure about it.

Trumaine Johnson is the tweener CB you're thinking of.[/QUOTE]

Correct Johnson, he's got big time talent.

Love this draft.....Barron/Curry/Pead is about as much as you can ask for with the 1st 3 picks

Don't like the Lindley pick though.....I'm high on McElroy as the developmental #3 and we could use that pick for solid depth

Nothing against the player though....if Lindley is around toward the end of the draft, I'm fine with it

[QUOTE=TJ;4441502]Love these picks, I hope this is our draft (except the Lindley pick)[/QUOTE]

The first 3 picks are feasible, but no way do your 6th rd picks may it there.
    Bolden is already running under a 4.55, Jenkins is ranked no lower than the 8th best by PFW, CBS sports, and GBN with them all thinking he will go by the end of the 3rd, Bolden is like the 12th best corner, and Adams is top 10 on 2 of the lists and makes it to the 6th on one of them.

last year 39 corners were taken, 28 wr, and 22 o-lineman. You have all your players available after pick 200

To think you can get a player 1 rd later is wishful thinking and understandable from a fans point of view but 2 rds is stretching it.

[QUOTE=TJ;4441502]Love these picks, I hope this is our draft (except the Lindley pick)[/QUOTE]

The first 3 picks are feasible, but no way do your 6th rd picks may it there.
    Bolden is already running under a 4.55, Jenkins is ranked no lower than the 8th best by PFW, CBS sports, and GBN with them all thinking he will go by the end of the 3rd, Bolden is like the 12th best corner, and Adams is top 10 on 2 of the lists and makes it to the 6th on one of them.

last year 39 corners were taken, 28 wr, and 22 o-lineman. You have all your players available after pick 200

To think you can get a player 1 rd later is wishful thinking and understandable from a fans point of view but 2 rds is stretching it.

Every year there's a glut of talent that accumulates all the way to the 7th round and beyond, many projected players drop and virtual unknowns rise. This is why there are still bargains after the draft. My guys can go sooner thats true thats why i threw two in there who may not be drafted In Colson and Hopkins.

By the way that 6th round pick is like a late 5th.

[QUOTE=Slikmojet;4441930]Every year there's a glut of talent that accumulates all the way to the 7th round and beyond, many projected players drop and virtual unknowns rise. This is why there are still bargains after the draft. My guys can go sooner thats true thats why i threw two in there who may not be drafted In Colson and Hopkins.

[B]By the way that 6th round pick is like a late 5th[/B].[/QUOTE]

Not with the supplemental picks at the end of rounds 3-5...It's more like a 7th...

I can't see Wilber lasting until the 7th..

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4441939]Not with the supplemental picks at the end of rounds 3-5...It's more like a 7th...

I can't see Wilber lasting until the 7th..[/QUOTE]

We could package up something and trade up to get Kalil. And still get Curry. THAT would be strong. Though we do need a good safety....

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4441769]I think if the Jets don't go TE in the draft, they sing a TE like Fasano.
    [/QUOTE]

Because of Sparano, I'm guessing. :zzz::zzz:

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4441978]We could package up something and trade up to get Kalil. And still get Curry. THAT would be strong. Though we do need a good safety....[/QUOTE]

Eh? It would be WAY too expensive to trade up for Kalil and would make no sense as he is a LT. We have our LT and you don't trade up to #3 or #4 to get a RT