Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Johnson DB will visit and possible trades.

Ducasse waiting in the wings... :eek:

He's even worse than Hunter.

[QUOTE=escamoter2;4442166]So we are going to make lower level trades now to clear even more cap space even though we've had caps space since last year and haven't used it? I am very confused. The good free agents are signed. While it is possible that one could shake loose after the draft, i doubt a "good" free agent will. Mike Wallace and Asante Samuel are the only prominent names I can think of possibly on the trading block.

Unless we have some trade in the works already, I don't get it. Are we turning into the post-Madoff Mets?[/QUOTE]

You never want to spend right up to the cap.

[QUOTE=JB1089;4442181]You never want to spend right up to the cap.[/QUOTE]

Obviously and we don't. We had way more cap space than we needed last year.

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4441946]They also signed Drew Stanton and released him. No worries Woody has plans to raise concessions to recop his losses. Or you just might see him walking around canning or selling poppy flowers.[/QUOTE]

they didn't release drew stanton, they traded him

[QUOTE=escamoter2;4442188]Obviously and we don't. We had way more cap space than we needed last year.[/QUOTE]

which was rolled over to this year and the jets are still just $7.5M under before rookie deals

Looking at Jason's website real quick, I wonder if they would be talking about DeVito, in a contract year, questionable if we would re-sign him, and we could clear 3.1 million in cap space there. We seem to be pretty high on Dixon and Pitoitua as depth at DE. Might return a halfway decent draft pick too. Just a thought.

[QUOTE=Ven0m;4442272]Looking at Jason's website real quick, I wonder if they would be talking about DeVito, in a contract year, questionable if we would re-sign him, and we could clear 3.1 million in cap space there. We seem to be pretty high on Dixon and Pitoitua as depth at DE. Might return a halfway decent draft pick too. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

If that trade were to happen and it netted anything better than a 6th round pick, it would be a steal and great trade for the Jets.

All League
    Keller. That's the guy... I hope not, but he's the guy me thinks.

[QUOTE=Yankeejet22;4442282]Keller. That's the guy... I hope not, but he's the guy me thinks.[/QUOTE]

Considered that too, but considering our lack of weapons in the passing game right now, he seems less expendable.

[QUOTE=Yankeejet22;4442282]Keller. That's the guy... I hope not, but he's the guy me thinks.[/QUOTE]

No way in hell Keller is traded. it would create a huge void on the offense and bringing a new TE wont help Sanchez progress.

All League
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4442327]No way in hell Keller is traded. it would create a huge void on the offense and bringing a new TE wont help Sanchez progress.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you... I just have a friggin feeling it's him they're dangling.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4442139]So you are telling us that you have more experience at judging OL talent then T, Rex and Sparano. Please call Woody immediately and apply for the OL job. We must hire someone like you with all that experience.[/QUOTE]
    Can people not express their opinions without you responding with the above auto-reply?

This is, after all, a fan message board.

I think it's pretty fair to question the abilities of Vlad Ducasse as a starting RT.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4441904]As per [COLOR=red]ROTOWORLD[/COLOR]

Free Agent CB Chris Johnson is scheduled to visit the Jets on Monday.
    Released by Oakland in March, Johnson hasn't generated much interest on the open market. If signed by New York, he would provide depth behind Darrelle Revis, Antonio Cromartie, and Kyle Wilson. Dealing with a hamstring injury and a family tragedy, the 33-year-old Johnson appeared in just one game after Week 3 last season.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Apr 22 - 10:07 AMWayne Hunter - T - Jets The National Football Post would not be surprised to see the Jets "trade a player or two" in order to clear some cap space this week.
    The Post thinks the Jets will trade "lower level players" in order to gain some flexibility during the draft. Wayne Hunter is currently penciled in as the team's starting right tackle, but Vladimir Ducasse is waiting in the wings. Due $2.45 million in 2012, the 30-year-old Hunter is a trade/release candidate.[/QUOTE]
    Johnson is 32. Won't be 33 until Sepatember.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jackhuntr;4442145]Yea...he's to young for us, we only sign guys on the down side of 30.[/QUOTE]
    I wonder what Arod thinks of 33 year old (34 in June) Champ Bailey?

If the Jets brought back 31 year old Donald Strickland, I doubt it would cause much of a stir here.

I'm hoping they look at him as a S.

[URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/TheJetsStream"][B]Manish Mehta [/B] ‏ @[B]TheJetsStream[/B][/URL]
    Former Raiders CB Chris Johnson is visiting Jets today. I've been told he doesn't have any other visits lined up. NYJ looking for a 4th CB

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4442562]I'm hoping they look at him as a S.

[URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/TheJetsStream"][B]Manish Mehta [/B]‏ @[B]TheJetsStream[/B][/URL]
    Former Raiders CB Chris Johnson is visiting Jets today. I've been told he doesn't have any other visits lined up. NYJ looking for a 4th CB[/QUOTE]
    Well, we've had a safety from Louisville in the past.

Ya never know.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4442562[B]]I'm hoping they look at him as a S.[/B]

[URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/TheJetsStream"][B]Manish Mehta [/B] ‏ @[B]TheJetsStream[/B][/URL]
    Former Raiders CB Chris Johnson is visiting Jets today. I've been told he doesn't have any other visits lined up. NYJ looking for a 4th CB[/QUOTE]

They will probably move him to safety then trade him to Jacksonville for a conditional draft pick.:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4442573]They will probably move him to safety then trade him to Jacksonville for a conditional draft pick.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    Let it go man. Let it go. ;)

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4442580]Let it go man. Let it go. ;)[/QUOTE]

LOL... I am over it. It was just a bad move.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4442581]LOL... I am over it. It was just a bad move.[/QUOTE]
    No doubt.

But the Internet GM Task Force will call you out if you keep questioning moves.

Tread carefully.