Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chris Johnson DB will visit and possible trades.

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;4442581]LOL... I am over it. It was just a bad move.[/QUOTE]

Lets be honest. Dwight Lowery isn't worth crying over. He's not an All-Pro

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4442624]Lets be honest. Dwight Lowery isn't worth crying over. He's not an All-Pro[/QUOTE]
    ...yet.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;4441936]Well if this is the case, then why did the Jets guarantee Hunter's salary for this year if they wanted to trade him? If they wanted him gone they could have cut him with no cap implications and would have an additional 2.5 million in cap space before they guaranteed him. I dont get this line of thinking, if this is true.[/QUOTE]

If the Jets trade him, he will not count against the Jets cap. If they cut him, he will. Likewise, if they gave him a roster bonus, that RB would count against the cap irrespective of what happens to him afterwards (trade, cut, etc.). If traded, the new team would be responsible for his guaranteed salary as its just a salary.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4442682]If the Jets trade him, he will not count against the Jets cap. If they cut him, he will. Likewise, if they gave him a roster bonus, that RB would count against the cap irrespective of what happens to him afterwards (trade, cut, etc.). If traded, the new team would be responsible for his guaranteed salary as its just a salary.[/QUOTE]

I realize that, BUT didnt the Jets guarantee his salary a month or two ago? If they didnt do that, they could have simply cut him and have no cap implications. Now the only way to rid themselves of Hunter is to trade him, considering you and I probably have as much trade value as Hunter, it seems very unlikely.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4442624]Lets be honest. Dwight Lowery isn't worth crying over. He's not an All-Pro[/QUOTE]

Who said he was an All-Pro? The Jets are searching the street for guys who haven't been in the league for a year and have bounced from practice squad to practice squad to play safety right now. You dont think Lowery would help the Jets right now?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4442720]Who said he was an All-Pro? The Jets are searching the street for guys who haven't been in the league for a year and have bounced from practice squad to practice squad to play safety right now. You dont [B]think[/B] Lowery would help the Jets right now?[/QUOTE]
    Operative word.

Some posters don't.

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;4442720]Who said he was an All-Pro? The Jets are searching the street for guys who haven't been in the league for a year and have bounced from practice squad to practice squad to play safety right now. You dont think Lowery would help the Jets right now?[/QUOTE]

Of course he would help, but I think you are overvaluing Lowery a bit too much.

You make it seem like we traded Troy Polomalu away.

And before you respond to the previous statement with a snide remark, you are wrong.
    I watched Phillip Rivers torch that defense on Monday Night Football. An offense that we won against.

Plus if Dwight Lowery was so important, how come Jacksonville payed only a 6th for him?

Once again, its your overreaction to it that is the issue here. It probably wasnt the smartest move, but you are overreacting to it
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 04-23-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :Dlol wooooow I see some posters talking about how worthless picks are after round 5......interesting seeing a post about a player drafted in the SEVENTH round.....lol

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4441917]As per [COLOR="Red"]STAR-LEDGER[/COLOR]

Former Raiders cornerback Chris Johnson will visit the Jets Monday, according to ESPN.

Johnson is a free agent after being released by Oakland in March. He played in just four games last season. The eight-year veteran originally entered the league as a seventh-round pick by Green Bay and has spent the past five seasons in Oakland. Johnson's best season was 2009, when he started 15 games.

The Jets are set with their top three cornerbacks, Darrelle Revis, Antonio Cromartie and Kyle Wilson, but they could stand to add depth. Marquice Cole signed with the Patriots in free agency, and Donald Strickland has not been re-signed.

Coach Rex Ryan likes to stockpile cornerbacks because the Jets' scheme uses many packages with multiple defensive backs.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4442900]Of course he would help, but I think you are overvaluing Lowery a bit too much.

[B]You make it seem like we traded Troy Polomalu away. [/B]

And before you respond to that statement, you are wrong.
    I watched Phillip Rivers torch that defense on Monday Night Football. An offense that we won against.[/QUOTE]

Again, no one said he was an All Pro. Not sure why you are struggling with this. He is much better than the "off the street" guys the jets are now bringing in.

The Jets beating the Chargers has nothing to do with the Chargers beating the Jags and evaluating Lowery. What kind of sense does that make? The Jaguars beat the Ravens, the Jets lost to the Ravens, does that mean Revis stinks?? :confused:

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;4442919]Again, no one said he was an All Pro. Not sure why you are struggling with this. He is much better than the "off the street" guys the jets are now bringing in.

The Jets beating the Chargers has nothing to do with the Chargers beating the Jags and evaluating Lowery. What kind of sense does that make? The Jaguars beat the Ravens, the Jets lost to the Ravens, does that mean Revis stinks?? :confused:[/QUOTE]

As I said, it probably wasn't the smartest move. Its your reaction that I am having the problem with. In 25 years are you still going to remember the day on which Dwight Lowery was traded from the Jets? Was Dwight Lowery going to add 3-4 wins to our total?

Much better is stretching it. He's better probably, but much better?
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 04-23-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4442926]As I said, it probably wasn't the smartest move. [B]Its your reaction that I am having the problem with.[/B] In 25 years are you still going to remember the day on which Dwight Lowery was traded from the Jets? Was Dwight Lowery going to add 3-4 wins to our total?

Much better is stretching it. He's better probably, but much better?[/QUOTE]

How about you dont worry so much about people's reactions. You seem to get yourself in trouble when you do that.

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;4442936]How about you dont worry so much about people's reactions. You seem to get yourself in trouble when you do that.[/QUOTE]

Because we get too many overreactions on here as it is. I just come on here to chat football, not to avoid downer bombs.

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;4442720]Who said he was an All-Pro? The Jets are searching the street for guys who haven't been in the league for a year and have bounced from practice squad to practice squad to play safety right now. [b]You dont think Lowery would help the Jets right now?[/b][/QUOTE]

No.

Next question?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4442586]No doubt.

But the Internet GM Task Force will call you out if you keep questioning moves.

Tread carefully.[/QUOTE]

or praising a player they do not like.............;)