Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Town of Hempstead STOP program

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Town of Hempstead STOP program

Just got rid of 24 gallons of old paint, a propane tank and numerous bags if old fertilizer, beeotches! I feel like Stokes after a bout of diarear.

Behind the Long Beach LIRR until 3.

:alien:

[QUOTE=32green;4441915]Just got rid of 24 gallons of old paint, a propane tank and numerous bags if old fertilizer, beeotches! I feel like Stokes after a bout of diarear.

:alien:[/QUOTE]

Interesting you were stockpiling all that. Im surprised you're not on the FBIs terrorist watch list.

[QUOTE=32green;4441915]Just got rid of 24 gallons of old paint, a propane tank and numerous bags if old fertilizer, beeotches! I feel like Stokes after a bout of diarear.

:alien:[/QUOTE]

It seems like they change the rules on everything every six weeks just so I am too confused to be able to get rid of anything.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4441918]Interesting you were stockpiling all that. Im surprised you're not on the FBIs terrorist watch list.[/QUOTE]

I was on it. Now I'm not.

-

Why do people feel the need to hoard things such as old paint and lawn fertilizer. :confused:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=FF2;4441922]It seems like they change the rules on everything every six weeks just so I am too confused to be able to get rid of anything.[/QUOTE]

Pretty simple by me, no explosives, ammo etc.

What the heck is in your house?

:dunno:

-

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=FF2;4441922]It seems like they change the rules on everything every six weeks just so I am too confused to be able to get rid of anything.[/QUOTE]

Very confusing. I usually dump it all on the side of the Turnpike.

And I throw my old used needles in the Long Island Sound. Hate having to take the sharps dispenser to the hospital.

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;4441938]Very confusing. I usually dump it all on the side of the Turnpike.

And I throw my old used needles in the Long Island Sound. Hate having to take the sharps dispenser to the hospital.

_[/QUOTE]

Is that while you're driving,texting,e-mailing and enjoying a morning coffee.:confused:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4441931]Why do people feel the need to hoard things such as old paint and lawn fertilizer. :confused:[/QUOTE]

Because I could have just thrown it out like everyone else and the crap would be in the eco-system.

I wait for one of these and run the old stuff over. What do you do with old paint and fertilizer, Inspector Gadget?

-

-

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4441941]Is that while you're driving,texting,e-mailing and enjoying a morning coffee.:confused:[/QUOTE]

No, I take the Merritt.

I would never defoul such a beautiful stretch of roadway.

_

[QUOTE=32green;4441937]Pretty simple by me, no explosives, ammo etc.

What the heck is in your house?

:dunno:

-[/QUOTE]

we have "single stream" trash system. One huge town owned barrel for trash (must be bagged) and one for all recyclable...then the dude with the robot armed truck come around.

NOW...all the othe chit that's not household trash....you get a brochure and the town website booth written in cryptic soviet code...think RussianGreen on meth.

The paint can rules change often..remove the lids and dry them out...is it latex, that's different, oh no wait we just changed the rules.....

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;4441944]Because I could have just thrown it out like everyone else and the crap would be in the eco-system.

I wait for one of these and run the old stuff over. What do you do with old paint and fertilizer, Inspector Gadget?

-[/QUOTE]

He must not be married.

My wife never let me throw out paint for fear we'd need to do a touch-up and not have a perfect match.

I'm sure I have cans of paint 16 years old in my basement for rooms that have heretofore been painted over thrice.

_

[QUOTE=32green;4441944]Because I could have just thrown it out like everyone else and the crap would be in the eco-system.

-

-[/QUOTE]

Friggin mambo pamby lib.

-

-[/QUOTE]

24 gallons of paint....:eek: :huh: :confused:

The County I live in encourages water based paint to be poured down the drain and diluted.

You could have also left the lids loose allowing the paint to dry and then tossed it in the trash.

-

-[/QUOTE]

Generator power!!! got a nor'easter coming through today....

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=FF2;4441953]Friggin mambo pamby lib.[/QUOTE]

Probably eschews bull fighting too.

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4441954]24 gallons of paint....:eek: :huh: :confused:

The County I live in encourages water based paint to be poured down the drain and diluted.

You could have also left the lids loose allowing the paint to dry and then tossed it in the trash.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you just grow out the ol' soup strainer, buy the mailman uniform and get it over with already.

[QUOTE=FlagmanL11;4441958]Generator power!!! got a nor'easter coming through today....[/QUOTE]

Better bring in all your flags, windchimes,bird houses and lawn ornaments. :eek:

[QUOTE=JStokes;4441959]Probably eschews bull fighting too.

_[/QUOTE]

Yes, he eschews.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=FF2;4441981]Yes, he eschews.[/QUOTE]

Im a non-chewer. Btw, this thread is here to help non- morons get rid of stuff safely. Perhaps that was unclear to the morons.

That was not directed at any one MORON in particular, so I believe I am still in keeping with the spirit of the TOS.

Thankee.

-