Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Town of Hempstead STOP program

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4441954]24 gallons of paint....:eek: :huh: :confused:
    [/QUOTE]

They probably werent 24 FULL gallons of paint, Clavin.

If his wife is like most, they were, like Stokes pointed out, probably leftovers kept in case you need a touchup to match exactly, which is a whole 'nother issue. Wimmens.

I, for one, appreciate :usedtobeacop: 's public service announcement.

[QUOTE=32green;4441987]Im a non-chewer. Btw, this thread is here to help non- morons get rid of stuff safely. Perhaps that was unclear to the morons.

That was not directed at any one MORON in particular, so I believe I am still in keeping with the spirit of the TOS.

Thankee.

-[/QUOTE]

Oh I understood your attempt to help. I'm texting from my truck on the way to the Long Beach LLIR right now.

[QUOTE=Brooklyn Jet;4441991]They probably werent 24 FULL gallons of paint, Clavin.

If his wife is like most, they were, like Stokes pointed out, probably leftovers kept in case you need a touchup to match exactly, which is a whole 'nother issue. Wimmens.

I, for one, appreciate :usedtobeacop: 's public service announcement.[/QUOTE]

Thats alot of paint. Lets say for arguments sake hes got a 4br house with a LR,DR,1 bath and a kitchen that equals 8 rooms x3 times painted is 24 gallons. Benjamin Moore

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=FF2;4441993]Oh I understood your attempt to help. I'm texting from my truck on the way to the Long Beach LLIR right now.[/QUOTE]

Text Timmmmy for some excellent advice on avoiding tolls along the way. Call me when you hit Park Avenue and I'll meet you at the Saloon for a drank.

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4441994]Thats alot of paint. Lets say for arguments sake hes got a 4br house with a LR,DR,1 bath and a kitchen that equals 8 rooms x3 times painted is 24 gallons. Benjamin Moore[/QUOTE]

You seem intent on portraying me as some sort of eccentric, paint-hording loon.

Take the wife factor, as accurately described by several previous non-moronic posters, then factor in 3 baths, 4 Brs, den, Living room, kitchen and finished basement, all of which are painted in two tones, divided by moulding midway on the walls.

This, in a home that has been completely remodeled since we moved in because the previous owner was in love with wallpaper and pink paint.

Now, if you are still with me, I refuse to dump paint down the drain, diluted or not, no matter what the town tells me, and I'm not about to leave unopen cans of paint out to dry anywhere in my home with kids running about, when I know MY TOWN will accept them no questions asked and dispose of them safely.

Good day to you, Sir!

-

[QUOTE=32green;4442039]Text Timmmmy for some excellent advice on avoiding tolls along the way. Call me when you hit Park Avenue and I'll meet you at the Saloon for a drank.

Take the wife factor, as accurately described by several previous non-moronic posters, then factor in 3 baths, 4 Brs, den, Living room, kitchen and finished basement, all of which are painted in two tones, divided by moulding midway on the walls.

This, in a home that has been completely remodeled since we moved in because the previous owner was in love with wallpaper and pink paint.

Now, if you are still with me, I refuse to dump paint down the drain, diluted or not, no matter what the town tells me, and I'm not about to leave unopen cans of paint out to dry anywhere in my home with kids running about, when I know MY TOWN will accept them no questions asked and dispose of them safely.

Good day to you, Sir!

-[/QUOTE]

Why did you even waste the keystrokes...

Dude is mental... Needs help.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4442040]Why did you even waste the keystrokes...

Dude is mental... Needs help.[/QUOTE]

I knew this when he was driving to the Poconos to pick up Sar.

-

All League
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4442040]Why did you even waste the keystrokes...

Dude is mental... Needs help.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z167/waltham41/analretentiveguy.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/jason_veno/AnalRetentiveChef.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=32green;4442039]Text Timmmmy for some excellent advice on avoiding tolls along the way. Call me when you hit Park Avenue and I'll meet you at the Saloon for a drank.

Good day to you, Sir!

-[/QUOTE]

Understood, no need to get salty. Any pics of the mansion ;)

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;4442039]

Take the wife factor, as accurately described by several previous non-moronic posters

[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl_NpdAy3WY[/url]

_

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4441931]Why do people feel the need to hoard things such as old paint and lawn fertilizer. :confused:[/QUOTE]

Because you can't just throw it out. Big difference between hoarding. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Fishooked;4442081]Because you can't just throw it out. Big difference between hoarding. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Ok, but if you bought it with the intent to use it and dont then its considered hoarding.

If I need lawn fertilizer for 15000 sq feet, I dont buy any extra and I apply what I buy.

Paint is another story you usually buy or are sold way more than you actually need.

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4442089]Ok, but if you bought it with the intent to use it and dont then its considered hoarding.

If I need lawn fertilizer for 15000 sq feet, I dont buy any extra and I apply what I buy.

Paint is another story you usually buy or are sold way more than you actually need.[/QUOTE]

Yes he's a paint hoarder...he's been doing all his life. Its a cry for help. Just yesterday he bought 12 cans of Ben Moore Mt. Ranier Grey with NO intent to ever use it. He just HAD TO HAVE IT.

(P.S: Dude...you have to stop.)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4442089]Ok, but if you bought it with the intent to use it and dont then its considered hoarding.

Paint is another story you usually buy or are sold way more than you actually need.[/QUOTE]

You must be an excellent driver.

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=JStokes;4442056][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl_NpdAy3WY[/url]

_[/QUOTE]

Lmao...Malkovich is like "ok..wtf...."

:D

-

Jets Insider VIP

I thought you said before that you were a contractor.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=FF2;4442123]

(P.S: Dude...you have to stop.)[/QUOTE]

Why? It makes for great fun and entertainment on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

Don't deter this so-called ass-hat.

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;4442141]Why? It makes for great fun and entertainment on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

Don't deter this so-called ass-hat.

_[/QUOTE]

And what the hell do you have to offer. The only thing remotely close to buying paint for you would be paying the painting contractor or paying for your mani and pedi. :eek:

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4442131]I thought you said before that you were a contractor.[/QUOTE]

Im semi retired and I do my own lawn fertilization. Too bad I cant bag up the bull in here id be a millionare.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzFzSvSrUKE[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4442164]And what the hell do you have to offer. The only thing remotely close to buying paint for you would be paying the painting contractor or paying for your mani and pedi. :eek:[/QUOTE]

I have never had a mani or a pedi, but you are most certainly an ass-hat.

_