Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Town of Hempstead STOP program

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4442168]Im semi retired and I do my own lawn fertilization. Too bad I cant bag up the bull in here id be a millionare.[/QUOTE]

You're the one contributing the most, bro. Sorry.

Listen...if you were a contractor and you don't understand how a person doing home repairs and projects could end up with extra at the end of a project, then I seriously doubt you were ever a contractor.

I was a plumber and electrician for years...and guess what? Every house I wired and plumbed....I always ended up with extra feet of wire and pipe, extra fittings, leftover glue, solder and flux, extra wirenuts, extra gem boxes, etc. And every jobsite I went to always had leftover sheetrock, mud and paint. It is impossible to tell EXACTLY how much of something you will use.

And it's ALWAYS better to have a little more instead of not enough. Cuts down on trips to the supply house/Home Depot.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4442204]You're the one contributing the most, bro. Sorry.

Listen...if you were a contractor and you don't understand how a person doing home repairs and projects could end up with extra at the end of a project, then I seriously doubt you were ever a contractor.

I was a plumber and electrician for years...and guess what? Every house I wired and plumbed....I always ended up with extra feet of wire and pipe, extra fittings, leftover glue, solder and flux, extra wirenuts, extra gem boxes, etc. And every jobsite I went to always had leftover sheetrock, mud and paint. It is impossible to tell EXACTLY how much of something you will use.

And it's ALWAYS better to have a little more instead of not enough. Cuts down on trips to the supply house/Home Depot.[/QUOTE]

Are you still in business?

It isnt rocket science to measure and figure out the square footage or how many of a certain item you will need for a job. All good contractors carry extra materials for the unexpected. I used to buy in bulk and that was my reason for an abundance of extra parts.

Did water come out the chandelier and electric out of the faucets? Trips to the Home Depot....that says alot about the contractor.

Are you or were you a handyman, jack of all trades master of none.

Homeowners almost always buy way too much materials paint,wall-paper etc. Keeping it for years is another thing.
    Last edited by GMCJETS; 04-22-2012 at 05:28 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4441931]Why do people feel the need to hoard things such as old paint and lawn fertilizer. :confused:[/QUOTE]

Its an addiction. It was cool at first all the guys in my high school were doing it. Then it got outta hand, I was out two three oclock in the morning robbing hookers and pimps at gunpoint to feed my habit. No matter how much fertilizer and old paint cans were in my garage I never felt satisfied.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4442200]I have never had a mani or a pedi, but you are most certainly an ass-hat.

_[/QUOTE]

Whatever dude. :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4441918]Interesting you were stockpiling all that. Im surprised you're not on the FBIs terrorist watch list.[/QUOTE]

These NYPD officers think the are above the law. Thank God good citizens like yourself didn't let greens blatant disrespect fly under your radar.

Does it get lonley high up there alone in your watchtower? Need a partner?

Im used to high places having been to the throat of the world to slay Alduin..

What say you?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4442208]All good contractors carry extra materials for the unexpected.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for agreeing with me.

And yes...I'm still in business. I've moved away from my service area...but still make the occasional trips downstate for some of my regulars. I was at Matt Modine's place 2 weeks ago when I had to run down to pick up a Jeep for my Mom. Some of his radiant zones were airbound...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4442200]I have never had a mani or a pedi, but you are most certainly an ass-hat.

_[/QUOTE]

They are great my not so straight friend Jeff since childhood took me once now I go all the time. Women that you just meet and are trying to bang pay special attention to nails fingers etc. It works.

Plus with your infant hands you're probably looking at half price.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4442204]

[/QUOTE]

Pics or GTFO.

Or Link.

One of those two.

I don't believe you.

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=thebigragu;4442211]Its an addiction. It was cool at first all the guys in my high school were doing it. Then it got outta hand, I was out two three oclock in the morning robbing hookers and pimps at gunpoint to feed my habit. No matter how much fertilizer and old paint cans were in my garage I never felt satisfied.[/QUOTE]

:D

-

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4441938]Very confusing. I usually dump it all on the side of the Turnpike.

And I throw my old used needles in the Long Island Sound. Hate having to take the sharps dispenser to the hospital.

_[/QUOTE]

Thats why I had to get away from your bio-hazard waste.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's me after a perfectly marvelous thread got Clavined.

[IMG]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/gallery/files/3/2/0/1/HeckJags27.jpg[/IMG]

-

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4441987]Im a non-chewer. [B]Btw, this thread is here to help non- morons get rid of stuff safely. Perhaps that was unclear to the morons.[/B]

That was not directed at any one MORON in particular, so I believe I am still in keeping with the spirit of the TOS.

Thankee.

-[/QUOTE]Too dang funny! :D

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4442168]Im semi retired and I do my own lawn fertilization. .[/QUOTE]Wipe your feet.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got a used tire and a old TV, what am I suppose to do with them?

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4442232]Pics or GTFO.

Or Link.

One of those two.

I don't believe you.

_[/QUOTE]

No GMCJETS satire please. It's too painful.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gunnails;4442333]I got a used tire and a old TV, what am I suppose to do with them?[/QUOTE]

Get on your knees for your shaming. Hell's Contractor is taking off his field boots and coming to speak to you directly.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4441944]Because I could have just thrown it out like everyone else and the crap would be in the eco-system.

I wait for one of these and run the old stuff over. What do you do with old paint and fertilizer, Inspector Gadget?

-

-[/QUOTE]

seriously, nice job

you know the little bull killer just pours stuff in the sewer... or throws it in the garbage can if there is a step ladder available.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    LMAO

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    :eek:

:rotfl:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;4442340]you know the little bull killer just pours stuff in the sewer... or throws it in the garbage can if there is a step ladder available.[/QUOTE]

LMAO

-

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4442337]Get on your knees for your shaming. Hell's Contractor is taking off his field boots and coming to speak to you directly.[/QUOTE]

============================================

Cool I'll make him some hippie sandals out of my old tire and crown him with my old TV, problem solved!