Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Town of Hempstead STOP program

[QUOTE=gunnails;4442333]I got a used tire and a old TV, what am I suppose to do with them?[/QUOTE]

Check your County website. Where I live we have a place open year round that accepts old TVs for recycling. The County also does a tire collection 4 times a year all for free. If not worried about the environment for you and I do it for the children.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4442404]Check your County website. Where I live we have a place open year round that accepts old TVs for recycling. The County also does a tire collection 4 times a year all for free. If not worried about the environment for you and I do it for the children.[/QUOTE]

BS gunnails. Shoot the TV with a shoutgun and drop it off at a junkyard and give the used tire to the pitbull behind the fence.

[QUOTE=thebigragu;4442406]BS gunnails. Shoot the TV with a shoutgun and drop it off at a junkyard and give the used tire to the pitbull behind the fence.[/QUOTE]

If he lives in the ghetto then yea, if not then listen to me.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4442404]Check your County website. Where I live we have a place open year round that accepts old TVs for recycling. The County also does a tire collection 4 times a year all for free. If not worried about the environment for you and I do it for the children.[/QUOTE]

=============================================

My county does not collect used tires.

Goodwill accepts old computers and I think TV's, the federal govt pays them to recycle the valuables out of them.

My back yard neighbor dog might want the tire, he is a 100 pound boxer named Parvo.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4442208]Are you still in business?

It isnt rocket science to measure and figure out the square footage or how many of a certain item you will need for a job. All good contractors carry extra materials for the unexpected. I used to buy in bulk and that was my reason for an abundance of extra parts.

Did water come out the chandelier and electric out of the faucets? Trips to the Home Depot....that says alot about the contractor.

Are you or were you a handyman, jack of all trades master of none.

Homeowners almost always buy way too much materials paint,wall-paper etc. Keeping it for years is another thing.[/QUOTE]

funny you mention that: I've always heard you're supposed to buy 10% above what you need for just in case stuff (breaking a tile, cutting something wrong, etc). I've found it to be too much. And I've never had to dip into the extra tiles for repair either. I must be really good.

Back to the topic: I"ve used STOP plenty of times -very cool service. Until Best Buy started taking electronics for recycle, I used the TOH E-cycling. I understand they now offer curbside pickups! :eek: :banana:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;4442340]

you know the little bull killer just pours stuff in the sewer... or throws it in the garbage can if there is a step ladder available.[/QUOTE]

:usedtobea mȯr-ə-ˈtȯr-ē-əm:

_