Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets PSL Holders got first shot at Bruce Tickets

Rookie

Jets PSL Holders got first shot at Bruce Tickets

There's a story from Yesterday's Star Ledger about tickets for the Bruce Springsteen shows this coming September at JetLife Stadium.

[url]http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/04/easy_money_bruce_springsteen_t.html[/url]

There was one part that I was amused at:
    [QUOTE]Sherry Rosen of West Orange was unsuccessful in her bid to buy tickets and she blamed the process — but not The Boss — for her disappointment.

"The tickets shouldn’t be a priority for the people who have sports tickets," she said, referring to the pre-sale. "I don’t care if you support the stadium. I think it stinks."
    [/QUOTE]

Sorry to offend you Sherry, but many of us paid thousands of dollars in PSL fees to help build this stadium. One of the things they promised us was the ability to buy tickets before the general public for events at the stadium. This was the first time I actually used this perk of being a season ticketholder.

I was able to puchase a pair of first row tickets in the club section in the section closest to the stage for my daughter and her friend. These were exactly the seats I wanted.....after buying whatever seat I could get my hands on for over thirty years of being a Bruce fan, it is nice to have this option.

Was anyone else here able to snare some tickets for the shows?

a Springsteen concert?

havent PSL holders sufferened enough? :confused:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4442243]a Springsteen concert?

havent PSL holders sufferened enough? :confused:[/QUOTE]

+1,000

:yes:

Lmao

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=rgoltsch;4442147]There's a story from Yesterday's Star Ledger about tickets for the Bruce Springsteen shows this coming September at JetLife Stadium.

[url]http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/04/easy_money_bruce_springsteen_t.html[/url]

There was one part that I was amused at:

Sorry to offend you Sherry, but many of us paid thousands of dollars in PSL fees to help build this stadium. One of the things they promised us was the ability to buy tickets before the general public for events at the stadium. This was the first time I actually used this perk of being a season ticketholder.

I was able to puchase a pair of first row tickets in the club section in the section closest to the stage for my daughter and her friend. These were exactly the seats I wanted.....after buying whatever seat I could get my hands on for over thirty years of being a Bruce fan, it is nice to have this option.

Was anyone else here able to snare some tickets for the shows?[/QUOTE]

I called in on Thurs and got 4 OK seats in the mezz a for Saturday and 2 great sidelines seats fot Wednesday. The presale opportunity was great for me because I was out of town most of Friday and when I checked that night only the upper rows of mezz b and the high UD was available.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

:D

My wife had me friggin doing the ticketmaster tap a tap tap when they first announced the shows but I never realized I was competing with PSL holders AND Scalpers.

Watching old Bruce just reminds me of old me, but she still loves it.

:O

[QUOTE=sg3;4442256]I called in on Thurs and got 4 OK seats in the mezz a for Saturday and 2 great sidelines seats fot Wednesday. The presale opportunity was great for me because I was out of town most of Friday and when I checked that night only the upper rows of mezz b and the high UD was available.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

Think he'll play Tunnel of Love?

[QUOTE=32green;4442258]:D

My wife had me friggin doing the ticketmaster tap a tap tap when they first announced the shows but I never realized I was competing with PSL holders AND Scalpers.

Watching old Bruce just reminds me of old me.

:O[/QUOTE]

You should do something to cheer yourself up. Go buy more paint than you need.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=FF2®;4442261]You should do something to cheer yourself up. Go buy more paint than you need.[/QUOTE]

The key is stockpiling it.

:dunno:

-

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4442259]Think he'll play Tunnel of Love?[/QUOTE]

Doubtful....not an E Street Band album after all..

Saw him in Albany on Monday ...great live show...great new band additions...great video tribute to The Big Man during Tenth Avenue Freezeout ...the last song on the set list

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    I do not understand people who are over 30 years of age going to a concert at a football stadium.

[QUOTE=Buster;4442267]I do not understand people who are over 30 years of age going to a concert at a football stadium.[/QUOTE]

It's diff for the baby boomers...

They're the generation that concerts thrived in front of...

Just like 30 years from now, I'll have the same internet savvy that someone half my age has...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=sg3;4442256]I called in on Thurs and got 4 OK seats in the mezz a for Saturday and 2 great sidelines seats fot Wednesday. [/QUOTE]

Be careful, sect. 139 has players standing in front of it.

-

Is Katie Segal still singing with Bruce?

Jets Insider VIP
    Zzzzzzzzz

[QUOTE=32green;4442269]Be careful, sect. 139 has players standing in front of it.

-[/QUOTE]

How's the food? :confused:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Buster;4442267]I do not understand people who are over 30 years of age going to a concert at a football stadium.[/QUOTE]

Is your issue the age, the type of stadium..or the event?

Very bizarre statement.

[QUOTE=FF2®;4442285]How's the food? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Plentiful and you dont rub elbows with actual football fans which is a plus.

Blech pitooowy.

-

[QUOTE=32green;4442288]Is your issue the age, the type of stadium..or the event?

-[/QUOTE]

I think it's the distance to the rest rooms.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sg3;4442256]I called in on Thurs and got 4 OK seats in the mezz a for Saturday and 2 great sidelines seats fot Wednesday. The presale opportunity was great for me because I was out of town most of Friday and when I checked that night only the upper rows of mezz b and the high UD was available.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

a great deal!!!!!!!!!!!!

if it was 1978

Hall Of Fame
    Back when concerts were cool

[IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rMDyDQc5ilo/TZ5Qq1ZN_NI/AAAAAAAADqY/MWKVJCwQTf8/s1600/KISS%2B-%2BAlive%2B7%2Bback.JPG[/IMG]

Bruce 2012 tour

[IMG]http://www.medimanage.com/Images/elderly-audience.jpg[/IMG]