Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets PSL Holders got first shot at Bruce Tickets

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4442414]+1

If I want to see a 60 year old man from New Jersey make a fool of himself in public, I just drop by the Hangar, doesn't cost me anything.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

You just don't get it. A lot of us here are probably right around the same age as you, am I right? I'm guessing between 35-45, mostly. :rolleyes:

Ironically there are more 50 & 60 plussers making fools of themselves on the Landing Strip, the place you call home.

Unless of course, you were referring to GMCJETS.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

For the record, I received the presale info via email and I don't have PSLs or season tickets.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4442475]You just don't get it. A lot of us here are probably right around the same age as you, am I right? I'm guessing between 35-45, mostly. :rolleyes:

Ironically there are more 50 & 60 plussers making fools of themselves on the Landing Strip, the place you call home.

Unless of course, you were referring to GMCJETS.[/QUOTE]

:cool:

[QUOTE=32green;4442356]Born to Nap.

-[/QUOTE]

Gramps like us? :dunno:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;4442566]For the record, I received the presale info via email and I don't have PSLs or season tickets.[/QUOTE]

There was a link to the presale on Backstreets.com Anyone could have had access if they did a minimal amount of homework and didn't wait for it to fall in their lap.

Did Bruce choose the stadium because he could use four screens as telepromptors

[QUOTE=Fishooked;4442475]You just don't get it. A lot of us here are probably right around the same age as you, am I right? I'm guessing between 35-45, mostly. :rolleyes:

Unless of course, you were referring to GMCJETS.[/QUOTE]

Last good show Springsteen did was at My Fathers Place in Roslyn.

I saw Springsteen at the Brendan Byrne Aren, Giants Stadium and MSG.

He was a lot better in the 1980s, by the late 90s he already was looking cheesy and crowd was getting old. I can't imagine how old crowd is today.

The peak of Springsteen and the E Street Band in concert was the darkness tour. That MSG show for Darkness was his first arena style show. That was a great one. Back when smoking was alowed, Pot smoking everywhere and tons of Colt 45's from the bodega being drank down front and with no security check everyone had a flask and a few joints to enjoy during show.

Springsteens first major tour for Born to Run in 1975 was a bit of a flop. He bombed in Europe. Tours after Darkness was commercialized and he was getting older and losing his edge. Last time I saw Bruce in late 90s he sucked. He even yelled at audience for making noise during one of his god awful political acustic songs. The 1979 Bruce Springsteen would be ashamed of the 2012 Springsteen and embaresed by his aging badly fans.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Alkrotraz;4443005]Last good show Springsteen did was at My Fathers Place in Roslyn.

He was a lot better in the 1980s, by the late 90s he already was looking cheesy and crowd was getting old. I can't imagine how old crowd is today.

The peak of Springsteen and the E Street Band in concert was the darkness tour. That MSG show for Darkness was his first arena style show. That was a great one. Back when smoking was alowed, Pot smoking everywhere and tons of Colt 45's from the bodega being drank down front and with no security check everyone had a flask and a few joints to enjoy during show.

Springsteens first major tour for Born to Run in 1975 was a bit of a flop. He bombed in Europe. Tours after Darkness was commercialized and he was getting older and losing his edge. Last time I saw Bruce in late 90s he sucked. He even yelled at audience for making noise during one of his god awful political acustic songs. The 1979 Bruce Springsteen would be ashamed of the 2012 Springsteen and embaresed by his aging badly fans.[/QUOTE]

I saw Bruce a few weeks ago at MSG. You would be very surprised at how many younger people were at the show. I was. BTW - the show was excellent. He still delivers.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Alkrotraz;4443005]Last good show Springsteen did was at My Fathers Place in Roslyn.

Springsteens first major tour for Born to Run in 1975 was a bit of a flop. He bombed in Europe. Tours after Darkness was commercialized and he was getting older and losing his edge. Last time I saw Bruce in late 90s he sucked. He even yelled at audience for making noise during one of his god awful political acustic songs. The 1979 Bruce Springsteen would be ashamed of the 2012 Springsteen and embaresed by his aging badly fans.[/QUOTE]

LOL This post is so fail.

Is Bruce as good live now as in 78? Absolutely not, but he still puts on an enjoyable show.

All Pro

Another very good post and very true. The MSG '78 show was probably the best/most exciting concert I ever saw everyone got their money's worth and then some from a pep-charged and much less preachy-than-in-future Boss who had been absent from the scene due to legal wrangles and was anxious to reassert his place in it.

The concerts to open Brendan Byrne were pretty good too-hard to believe its 30+ years on already

Rookie
    [QUOTE=petejet;4443030]I saw Bruce a few weeks ago at MSG. You would be very surprised at how many younger people were at the show. I was. BTW - the show was excellent. He still delivers.[/QUOTE]

I got the tickets for my 16 year old daughter......there is a new generation of Bruce fans. When Clarence played the national anthem for one Jets game, my daughter was thrilled she got to see him. It turns out it was the last time she got to see The Big Man live.

Some like Bruce, some don't. I was just happy I was able to use the link from the Jets to get my child tickets.

All Pro
    Swindling people of money for PSLs and getting the same people to pony up to see ancient Mumbler Cheesesteen is pretty close to two wrongs don't make a right.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4443546]Swindling people of money for PSLs and getting the same people to pony up to see ancient Mumbler Cheesesteen is pretty close to two wrongs don't make a right.[/QUOTE]

You dont like him....dont buy tickets

I do and I am grateful that my Jet ST allowed me to get better seats a day earlier than the more than 200000 others who, like me DO LIKE HIM were able to get.

As for the age hate expressed, more than 70% of the folks watching his great show I saw last week were under 30

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Big tailgate before the Saturday show...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=petejet;4442971]There was a link to the presale on Backstreets.com Anyone could have had access if they did a minimal amount of homework and didn't wait for it to fall in their lap.[/QUOTE]

I received the email from that generic MetLife Stadium ticket info mailing list.

I'm not sure why I am on the list, but I am.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sg3;4443622][B]You dont like him....dont buy tickets
    [/B]
    I do and I am grateful that my Jet ST allowed me to get better seats a day earlier than the more than 200000 others who, like me DO LIKE HIM were able to get.

As for the age hate expressed, more than 70% of the folks watching his great show I saw last week were under 30

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

Don't tell me what to do, mumbler-lover!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Ruby2;4443041]LOL This post is so fail.

Is Bruce as good live now as in 78? Absolutely not, but he still puts on an enjoyable show.[/QUOTE]

Still one of the best out there.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4444402]Don't tell me what to do, mumbler-lover![/QUOTE]

Sorry.......but Im ignoring a..holes at this time....c ya

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sg3;4444564]Sorry.......but Im ignoring a..holes at this time....c ya

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

Made my day with the huge ironing gifted to me. Bless you.

Well its okay to hate Springsteen, it just shows that you are ignorant about live music.
    The show in Philly I saw a few weeks ago was one of the best concerts I 've seen him play.
    Yeah maybe no where close to the '78 version but still real f''in good.
    Don't hate the Boss, man is still relevent.
    BTW for you young weenies out there, LMAO will be the answer to a final Jeopardy question in 2035.