Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Romney Talks of Ending Some Tax Deductions for Wealthy

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4444539]What does that have to do with the Democrats actually having a budget? Without a budget how can you have any kind of intelligent discussion about taxes and revenue.[/QUOTE]

Did you really just ask [I]him[/I] how intelligent conversations are conducted?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4444539]What does that have to do with the Democrats actually having a budget? Without a budget how can you have any kind of intelligent discussion about taxes and revenue.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFg0DzT9tNI[/url]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4444703][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFg0DzT9tNI[/url][/QUOTE]

I'm votin' for that dude in Nov.....

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4444703][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFg0DzT9tNI[/url][/QUOTE]

That guy is da man

How? Ryan to Dems here's our budget, don't even bother talking to us about tax increases. Did the Dems sign the BS Norquist promise? 238 GOP house members did, you are asking me about how to have an intelligent discussion?

How many times does Boehner have to say tax increases are a non-starter?

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4444667]Did you really just ask [I]him[/I] how intelligent conversations are conducted?[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2010/08/04/article-1280922678234-0AAA6B8B000005DC-178133_568x516.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    when politicians are canidates they will say what the public wants to hear..............then actually do about 30 percent of what they said they would do once big business and lobbyist get in their pockets and if wall street and the oil companies get in their pockets they end up doing bout 10 percent of what they said...................so what he says and what he will do IF elected are two totally different things.

[QUOTE=cr726;4444857]How? Ryan to Dems here's our budget, don't even bother talking to us about tax increases. Did the Dems sign the BS Norquist promise? 238 GOP house members did, you are asking me about how to have an intelligent discussion?

How many times does Boehner have to say tax increases are a non-starter?[/QUOTE]

Didn't the Dems promise to protect Medicare coverage and cut the crap out of it in the Health care act?

Posturing is the first step in compromise. The Dems need to put a proposal out. They prefer to allow the statuesque to remain because they want to run against the Ryan budget. It's much easier than actually doing something. The stalemate of inaction is exactly what the Dems want.

It doesn't matter how many times someone says something, a real proposal can be debated and compromised. The Republicans had the balls to put one on the table the Dems don't. You can't compromise against a none existent target.

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4445224]Didn't the Dems promise to protect Medicare coverage and cut the crap out of it in the Health care act?

Posturing is the first step in compromise. The Dems need to put a proposal out. They prefer to allow the statuesque to remain because they want to run against the Ryan budget. It's much easier than actually doing something. The stalemate of inaction is exactly what the Dems want.

It doesn't matter how many times someone says something, a real proposal can be debated and compromised. The Republicans had the balls to put one on the table the Dems don't. You can't compromise against a none existent target.[/QUOTE]

The President hasn't submitted a budget proposal to anyone but the media?

[QUOTE=cr726;4445351]The President hasn't submitted a budget proposal to anyone but the media?[/QUOTE]

Apparently so because he got zero democratic votes in the Senate. Without a budget that actually has any support from his own party the President really isn't negiotating from any meaningful position. The whole point of having competing budgets to negiotate a deal is you actually bring your own party to the table.

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4445557]Apparently so because he got zero democratic votes in the Senate. Without a budget that actually has any support from his own party the President really isn't negiotating from any meaningful position. The whole point of having competing budgets to negiotate a deal is you actually bring your own party to the table.[/QUOTE]

There really isn't any difference, the majority of GOP'ers can support Ryan's bill knowing it will never get passed and the Dems wait to get re-elected and give mouth service. Different ways to the same dead end.