Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: need legal advice

need legal advice

hey guys, need some legal advice. any one here know the law? I am a dj and a promoter is using my name and image for an upcoming event that i told him i was not going to do through fb chat. i told him to remove it and he told me to call his lawyer. so can any one give me advice? should i sue his ass thanks

Jets Insider VIP
    I was positive that this was going to be a marijuana-releated issue. ;)

Did you save this facebook chat of yours, hopefully?
    Regardless, this promoter sounds like a real douchebag.

[QUOTE=crayc;4442450]hey guys, need some legal advice. any one here know the law? I am a dj and a promoter is using my name and image for an upcoming event that i told him i was not going to do through fb chat. i told him to remove it and he told me to call his lawyer. so can any one give me advice? should i sue his ass thanks[/QUOTE]

What damages is he causing you?

Hall Of Fame
    **Edit**

I see now, you want him to remove what you posted on Facebook chat. I am not familiar with facebook. I don't use it. IMO it is a voluntary Big Brother and catalyst for the ruination of society.

You have to realize things you do/post on the internet have the potential to be there for an eternity. Let this be a lesson learned.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 04-23-2012 at 09:17 AM.

All League
    Did you have a contract, Oral or Written, before you told him on Facebook chat that you weren't doing it? Never a good idea to do FB conracts, next time be smart and use Twitter.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Arent you the horrific clown, literally?

The guy with the teeth?

Is this guy promoting a mass murder?

:dunno:

-

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=crayc;4442450]hey guys, need some legal advice. any one here know the law? I am a dj and a promoter is using my name and image for an upcoming event that i told him i was not going to do through fb chat. i told him to remove it and he told me to call his lawyer. so can any one give me advice? should i sue his ass thanks[/QUOTE]

Your REAL NAME or a DBA name????

Send him a cease and desist order certified...

If you call a lawyer, that may cost $200 but if you do it at least he can't deny it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Did you agree to do a show for him before he did his promo work? If that is the case wouldn't you have an obligation of some sort, financial or otherwise?

Or you could just ask him to add to his posters [B]CRAYC![/B] [SIZE=1]will not be here[/SIZE]

Jets Insider VIP
    post back if you need an Innernetz gynecological exam. :cool:

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Since you have no fame, no brand, and no following there can be no damage to you.

Have you considered thanking him?

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=jetswin;4442517]
    Or you could just ask him to add to his posters [B]CRAYC![/B] [SIZE=1]will not be here[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I've been adding that to ALL my posters since he posted that video.

:eek:

-

Lol, good to see the old same faces again.

Well to be clear, when he told me if i was available for the date i told him no. I told him i won't be doing that event for him. Then he said YES you will , like he would force me or something lol. I told him again no, then he turned into a little kid and started posting the flyer over and over again. I told him nicely please remove my image and name off of it. He refuses and gave me the number to his lawyer. The fb chat transcript shows not once did i ever agree and i asked him to cease and desist.

Now doing some research last night i found that this is an invasion of property under the appropriation tort. right of privacy or whatever. they can't use my image, likeness, or name without my consent.

and this causes no damage to me unless he is using another clown in my likeness. Yes i perform as a clown, but i am dropping it since people just stare at me scared and don't dance unless i yell at them. He is also making money off this event.

I am thinking this jackass thinks i will change my mind and do the event.

sowhat should i do, call his lawyer and pretend to be a lawyer and tell him about this tort?

thanks for answering guys
    Last edited by crayc; 04-23-2012 at 12:45 PM. Reason: left things out

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=crayc;4442837] Yes i perform as a clown, but i am dropping it since people just stare at me scared and don't dance unless i yell at them. [/QUOTE]

Priceless.

-

[QUOTE=crayc;4442837]sowhat should i do, call his lawyer and pretend to be a lawyer and tell him about this tort?
    [/QUOTE]

Psst...there's some clown on the phone pretending to be a lawyer.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=32green;4442490]Arent you the horrific clown, literally?

The guy with the teeth?

Is this guy promoting a mass murder?

:dunno:

-[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=crayc;4442837]
    [B]and this causes no damage to me unless he is using another clown in my likeness. Yes i perform as a clown, but i am dropping it since people just stare at me scared and don't dance unless i yell at them[/B]. He is also making money off this event.

thanks for answering guys[/QUOTE]

Wait, wha? I just assumed you were calling him a clown but it turns out he really is a clown? That's fantastic!

I would LOVE to go to some club where a clown is DJ'ing and yelling at me to dance. That sounds awesome.

[url]http://djlothario.com[/url]

that's what i look like.. 32green lol i have not committed mass murder yet, at least i don't remember much of the night.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=32green;4442844]Priceless.

-[/QUOTE]
    [IMG]http://clownpictures.org/scary-clown.png[/IMG]

wut?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I don't know the law, but this promoter sounds like he is in dire need of a serious beatdown. You should get like 40 of your clown friends into your Toyota Celica and go find his sorry azz.

I am changing characters. part of being mercurial and enigmatic. i am thinking i become a huge bed bug, for those who remember the bed bug post LOL can't believe i made that **** here lol

anywho wtf should i do, should i let this one slide. let it be and never do business again with said douchebag

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=shakin318;4442861] You should get like 40 of your clown friends into your Toyota Celica and go find his sorry azz.[/QUOTE]

that would be insane, a clown posse!