Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: need legal advice

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=crayc;4442864]I am changing characters. part of being mercurial and enigmatic. i am thinking i become a huge bed bug, for those who remember the bed bug post LOL can't believe i made that **** here lol

anywho wtf should i do, should i let this one slide. let it be and never do business again with said douchebag[/QUOTE]

If you have a big fanbase will they not be disappointed when you don't show? That has to factor in your decision.

[QUOTE=shakin318;4442861]I don't know the law, but this promoter sounds like he is in dire need of a serious beatdown. You should get like 40 of your clown friends into your Toyota Celica and go find his sorry azz.[/QUOTE]

lmao that would be hysterical. one clown after another with a sock of beans like homey the clown in the 90's just beating him over the head. but i don't believe in violence ... ok bs, i am trying not to believe in violence as i am becoming in tune with nature. basically i smoke too much weed. anyway i considered choking this dude to an inch of his life, but just might not be worth it

[QUOTE=crayc;4442864]I am changing characters. part of being mercurial and enigmatic. i am thinking i become a huge bed bug, for those who remember the bed bug post LOL can't believe i made that **** here lol

anywho wtf should i do, should i let this one slide. let it be and never do business again with said douchebag[/QUOTE]

I'd let it slide. Just call him up and say, "Look, Bozo, what kind of circus are you running here? I ain't doing this gig. I'm juggling too many things right now. I know these are big shoes to fill, but you're just going to have to find someone else."

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=crasherino;4442846]I would LOVE to go to some club where a clown is DJ'ing and yelling at me to dance. That sounds awesome.[/QUOTE]

I dont know why this isnt making people boogie.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oldKMdJxgS0[/url]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Owen Reed;4442878] Just call him up and say, "Look, Bozo..."[/QUOTE]

lol, that's all I needed

[QUOTE=jetswin;4442871]If you have a big fanbase will they not be disappointed when you don't show? That has to factor in your decision.[/QUOTE]

Well it's a high school party in a club, reason why i refused to do it. i want a mature crowd, yeah yea i am a clown and i am asking for a mature clown lol So they have no clue who i am. i know one of the other dj's performing there and i asked him if he sees any clowns performing as me to record it and take photos.

I have no clue why this bastard just can't remove me.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=32green;4442880]I dont know why this isnt making people boogie.

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oldKMdJxgS0[/URL][/QUOTE]

holy crap, that's like a nightmare I had once after eating Mexican food too late in the night

[QUOTE=Owen Reed;4442878]I'd let it slide. Just call him up and say, "Look, Bozo, what kind of circus are you running here? I ain't doing this gig. I'm juggling too many things right now. I know these are big shoes to fill, but you're just going to have to find someone else."[/QUOTE]

lol any more puns lol

32green the club was opening there and so i played crap to start with..

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND9nYyEQlGs[/url]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=crayc;4442864]I am changing characters. part of being mercurial and enigmatic. i am thinking i become a huge bed bug[/QUOTE]

If you do, send me those teeth and eyes. I have a friend who needs to have people stop dancing at her club.

[QUOTE=shakin318;4442861]I don't know the law, but this promoter sounds like he is in dire need of a serious beatdown. You should get like 40 of your clown friends into your Toyota Celica and go find his sorry azz.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=jetswin;4442865]that would be insane, a clown posse![/QUOTE]

lmao:D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=crayc;4442884]Well it's a high school party in a club, reason why i refused to do it. i want a mature crowd, yeah yea i am a clown and i am asking for a mature clown lol So they have no clue who i am. i know one of the other dj's performing there and i asked him if he sees any clowns performing as me to record it and take photos.

I have no clue why this bastard just can't remove me.[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine what some poor 16 year old girl is going to think when she gets a load of you lol

you should probably just let it drop

Jets Insider VIP
    Phil Spector and the "Wall of Sound" needs to produce your next album....

I am surprised no one saw my bio pic on my site and commented on that yet LOL

[QUOTE=jetswin;4442892]I can't imagine what some poor 16 year old girl is going to think when she gets a load of you lol

you should probably just let it drop[/QUOTE]

yeah girls normally get scared ****less, i like to hump chicks but not in a hs party. another reason i don't want to do a hs party. in a regular club i would hump them when they ask for pictures and they let me as you see in the photo section. they are too scared to say anything... there lips say no no but their eyes say yes yes

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=crayc;4442896]I am surprised no one saw my bio pic on my site and commented on that yet LOL[/QUOTE]

Never considered modeling?

:dunno:

[IMG]http://djlothario.com/uglyguy.jpg[/IMG]

-
    Last edited by 32green; 04-23-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=crayc;4442901]yeah girls normally get scared ****less, i like to hump chicks... in a regular club i would hump them when they ask for pictures and they let me as you see in the photo section. they are too scared to say anything... there lips say no no but their eyes say yes yes[/QUOTE]

:erm:

so you do a lot of Batmisvas and sweet 16 parties I take it

All League
    If he is promoting a HS party perhaps he is a high schooler himself?? perhaps your new DJ persona can be one of those TV lawyers, call up the douche and scare him with some made up legalese.

[QUOTE=jetswin;4442911]:erm:

so you do a lot of Batmisvas and sweet 16 parties I take it[/QUOTE]

lol no i do not, i only did 2 high school graduation parties. that is more than enough for me.

32green thats not my actual photo lol. that would be some creepy **** if it really was lol

So the general consensus is to let it slide... Well i am going to call his ass a little ***** and tell him to go f him self.

any one want to pretend to be a lawyer and call his lawyer and explain the appropiation of name likeness and image. i would fall under being a private figure

All League
    What is the world coming to when the Facebook declaration of a finicky clown is so blatantly ignored? Madness.

:clown:

Question: Is he promoting your presence by your name (real or stage name), or is he promoting a clown DJ? If it's the latter, then you probably don't even have invasion of privacy or misappropriation unless you can show that the clown persona is unique to you.

If it's the former, and he's using your name, then you probably have a claim, but as has been pointed out, it's not worth pursuing unless you have provable damages from the use of your name, or damage to your reputation if people come expecting you and they think you pulled a no-show.

The best approach might be to use FB or other social media--including whatever source you use for publicity--and state publicly that 1) you will not be there; 2) you never agreed to be there; and 3) your name is being used falsely and without your consent.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=crayc;4442847][url]http://djlothario.com[/url]

that's what i look like.. 32green lol i have not committed mass murder yet, at least i don't remember much of the night.[/QUOTE]

Most apt JI screen name ever. Not even close.