Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: need legal advice

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bullitt929;4442962]Question: Is he promoting your presence by your name (real or stage name), or is he promoting a clown DJ? If it's the latter, then you probably don't even have invasion of privacy or misappropriation unless you can show that the clown persona is unique to you.

If it's the former, and he's using your name, then you probably have a claim, but as has been pointed out, it's not worth pursuing unless you have provable damages from the use of your name, or damage to your reputation if people come expecting you and they think you pulled a no-show.

The best approach might be to use FB or other social media--including whatever source you use for publicity--and state publicly that 1) you will not be there; 2) you never agreed to be there; and 3) your name is being used falsely and without your consent.[/QUOTE]

ah good advice with no puns. He is using my name and the main image on my website. I know a dj who will be performing there and asked him if there is a clown using my name and pretending to be me to take pics of it. just in case. i guess it's not worth my time. he wants to be immature about it. I went to his event page and put false advertisement i won't be playing there. but hemight have deleted it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crayc;4442901]yeah girls normally get scared ****less, i like to hump chicks but not in a hs party. another reason i don't want to do a hs party. in a regular club i would hump them when they ask for pictures and they let me as you see in the photo section. [B]they are too scared to say anything... there lips say no no but their eyes say yes yes[/B][/QUOTE]

Congrats on being a raper.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crayc;4442864]

part of being mercurial and enigmatic

[/QUOTE]

This nugget is priceless.

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4443004]Congrats on being a raper.[/QUOTE]

:clapper:

_

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4443004]Congrats on being a raper.[/QUOTE]

lmao, just a lil hump on their legs is all. those flashes from the camera hurt my eyes since i wear special contacts so a hump here and there is all i ask for

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    WTF is this?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Forget top 10, crayc is top 3.

I hope Southside is paying attention, he can learn a lot here. We all can.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crayc;4443003]ah good advice with no puns. He is using my name and the main image on my website. I know a dj who will be performing there and asked him if there is a clown using my name and pretending to be me to take pics of it. just in case. i guess it's not worth my time. he wants to be immature about it. I went to his event page and put false advertisement i won't be playing there. but hemight have deleted it.[/QUOTE]

Well, as a suggestion, you might want to post again on the event page to the effect that he's using your name without your consent and that you have no deal to be there, and then [I]print a copy of the page before he deletes it.[/I] You might also put something on your own website, or some social media, and then print that as well. I wouldn't just forget about it. You need to protect yourself against a claim after the event that you breached an oral agreement---you could probably win that but it would be annoying to deal with. If you have hard evidence printed before the event that you never had a deal and he's misappropriating your name, it becomes far more difficult--maybe close to impossible--for him to claim any wrongdoing by you. And if he's foolish enough to try anyway, then you would have a real counterclaim, probably with real damage.

Just a thought, for what it's worth.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;4443022]WTF is this?[/QUOTE]

It took until someone tried to fake using a scary DJ clown in garrish make up to make people dance...for the real scary DJ clown in garrish make up to realize... that being a scary DJ clown in garrish make up doesnt work, unless you yell, which defeats the purpose. So he might be a bedbug now.

But...he still wants to kick the other guys arse, but he smoke's too much pot and is chill, so he came here.

Common. Please pay attention.

:rolleyes:

-

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guys at work asked me what I was laughing about after reading this thread.

Crayc still one of my favorite posters on JI! :yes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bullitt929;4443048]Well, as a suggestion, you might want to post again on the event page to the effect that he's using your name without your consent and that you have no deal to be there, and then [I]print a copy of the page before he deletes it.[/I] You might also put something on your own website, or some social media, and then print that as well. I wouldn't just forget about it. You need to protect yourself against a claim after the event that you breached an oral agreement---you could probably win that but it would be annoying to deal with. If you have hard evidence printed before the event that you never had a deal and he's misappropriating your name, it becomes far more difficult--maybe close to impossible--for him to claim any wrongdoing by you. And if he's foolish enough to try anyway, then you would have a real counterclaim, probably with real damage.

Just a thought, for what it's worth.[/QUOTE]

thanks. i have the whole fb conversation saved where i clearly tell him to cease and desist. maybe i should write it in spanish for him since i am in puerto rico right now. but my spanish is no good. i am just doing a tour here and living life. i will ask one of the locals to write it in spanish as well. i went to the clubs website and i will post that i am not performing there. don't know what this dudes issue is. has to get off m nuts

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol how long have i been posting on here, seems over 4 years now. i used to post crap everyday. now i just come on daily and read and leave my thoughts in my head

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4443066]It took until someone tried to fake using a scary DJ clown in garrish make up to make people dance...for the real scary DJ clown in garrish make up to realize... that being a scary DJ clown in garrish make up doesnt work, unless you yell, which defeats the purpose. So he might be a bedbug now.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Nice synopsis.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey I am dj for many years but mostly on the mobile side not the club side. Promoters have used names of my buddies a lot when they were not even contracted to do the event. Best bet is set to send out notifications on FB and/or twitter that you are not the DJ that night.
    This will make the promoter and the club look like they are deceiving the public into going to hear you spin.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crayc;4443008]lmao, just a lil hump on their legs is all. those flashes from the camera hurt my eyes since i wear special contacts [B]so a hump here and there is all i ask for[/B][/QUOTE]

sounds like you're married.

[QUOTE=djaparz;4443110][B]hey I am dj for many years [/B]but mostly on the mobile side not the club side. Promoters have used names of my buddies a lot when they were not even contracted to do the event. Best bet is set to send out notifications on FB and/or twitter that you are not the DJ that night.
    This will make the promoter and the club look like they are deceiving the public into going to hear you spin.[/QUOTE]

What do you dress as?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4443106]Exactly.

Nice synopsis.

_[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I forgot to mention we also got a peek at the real FF2@ for the first time.

[IMG]http://djlothario.com/uglyguy.jpg[/IMG]

-

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    crayc is Hampur material for sure. Welcome home, son.

southside, back your bags and gtfo

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crayc;4442884]i know one of the other dj's performing there and i asked him if he sees any clowns performing as me to record it and take photos. [/QUOTE]

You're like that WWF guy, Doink the Clown. They could get anyone to wear the costume... :D

[IMG]http://manvshorror.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/doink.jpg[/IMG]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    doink lol, no one can mix like me though and have the same energy as me. and the stuff is expensive.

hampur material? lol wtf.

dj dude thanks for the info. i went to the clubs fb page and let them know they are being associated with the promoter falsely advertising my name and went to the event page did the same..

the clown is being put away now. i think i will be a jets fan as my next character, oh wait i already am lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crayc;4443135]doink lol, no one can mix like me though and have the same energy as me. and the stuff is expensive.

hampur material? lol wtf.

dj dude thanks for the info. i went to the clubs fb page and let them know they are being associated with the promoter falsely advertising my name and went to the event page did the same..

the clown is being put away now. i think i will be a jets fan as my next character, oh wait i already am lol[/QUOTE]

You should rotate Hampur personas each time you DJ - BMW snob, short guy, know it all, former cop, Warfist, etc. - that would be crayc.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crayc;4443008]lmao, just a lil hump on their legs is all. those flashes from the camera hurt my eyes since i wear special contacts so a hump here and there is all i ask for[/QUOTE]

So a frotteur on the express way to raper-clown? Mazel.