Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geico, Progressive, et al Question

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Geico, Progressive, et al Question

I am curious if anyone has Geico or Progressive (or similar company) Insurance for their home and car. Specifically how responsive were they when you had to file a claim or needed them for anything? The savings are obvious so I'm thinking of switching but am concerned that you're at the mercy of whoever answers the phone.:huh:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have Geico and have been totally happy with them. My daughter got her drivers license and one month later racked up her mothers Audi. Geico allowed the repair to be done at the Audi dealership and continued to approve the repairs as it increased off the initial estimate. When the car was finally all done the cost ended up over $15,000. (good work darling daughter.) Geico even paid for original manufacturer parts rather then less expensive generic ones.
    Through it all customer service and all the claims people were great. Yes my rates went up but what would you expect after that type of claim? us. I would highly recommend Geico.
    Good luck!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bleedjetgreen;4442494]We have Geico and have been totally happy with them. My daughter got her drivers license and one month later racked up her mothers Audi. Geico allowed the repair to be done at the Audi dealership and continued to approve the repairs as it increased off the initial estimate. When the car was finally all done the cost ended up over $15,000. (good work darling daughter.) Geico even paid for original manufacturer parts rather then less expensive generic ones.
    Through it all customer service and all the claims people were great. Yes my rates went up but what would you expect after that type of claim? us. I would highly recommend Geico.
    Good luck![/QUOTE]

+1...nothing on the 15 g level of damage, but we have had no complaints.

-

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been with Progressive for almost two years. Can't comment on their claims service, because luckily I haven't had to use it (and hopefully never will.)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatriotReign;4442481]I am curious if anyone has Geico or Progressive (or similar company) Insurance for their home and car. Specifically how responsive were they when you had to file a claim or needed them for anything? The savings are obvious so I'm thinking of switching but am concerned that you're at the mercy of whoever answers the phone.:huh:[/QUOTE]

Good post....I am getting raped by Allstate and Geico seems SO MUCH less expensive.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is it with the auto insurance industry that lends itself to the worst radio, print, and TV ads of all time? Seriously though, they are all ****ing horrible. I don't know how GEICO can even afford to insure anyone, with the money they spend on advertising. Their radio ads are about as funny as a GMCJETS post.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4442547] Their radio ads are about as funny as a GMCJETS post.[/QUOTE]

This reminds me of you,crying for attention.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNLPfnTDCsU[/url]

Be careful in choosing the right car insurance and coverage.I prefer to deal with an agent in person and not a company that operates a phone call away.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't really like the pricing and backlash after using a claim with Allstate.

I've been much happier with Progressive.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I actually use MetLife (even before the Stadium naming) because I got a better rate but I had Geico for years before that.

My son had two accidents (one partially his fault, the other completely not his fault.) and the claims service was great.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i have progressive. i like them for their no hassle online quotes and whatnot.

anyway, i was hit 2 years ago and the claims process was smooth

thats my 2 cents

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4442513]Good post....I am getting raped by Allstate and [B]Geico seems SO MUCH less expensive.[/B][/QUOTE]

Ironically, they established themselves by catering to civil servants, with the belief that government employees were less risky to insure.;)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I could probably pay a little less than I am paying with GEICO, but I won't leave them. They are great when it comes to responsiveness and getting things done when you have to file a claim. Have been with them for 20 years, and probably filed 3 or 4 claims over that time.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    GEICO didn't get the greatest consumer reviews on epinion. Some said they jacked their price up within months for no cause or refused to pay for dealer replacement parts. Having said that all insurance companies suck, it's like legalized extortion.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatriotReign;4442854]GEICO didn't get the greatest consumer reviews on epinion. Some said they jacked their price up within months for no cause or refused to pay for dealer replacement parts. Having said that all insurance companies suck, it's like legalized extortion.[/QUOTE]

Progressive has been known to do this too. Give you a teaser rate only to jack it up later. That's one of the reasons they quote 6 month rates instead of 12.

You're in Mass like me, look into Commerce. I've checked them all and I can't find a better deal than them. It helps if you have a good driving record. Buy your homeowners and auto from the same agent. Go with the highest deductibles you can stomach. Multiple cars helps too. The wife only drives about 4,000 miles per year so we get an extra 5% off right there. All the other things mentioned are approx. an extra 5% off each as well.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4442944]Progressive has been known to do this too. Give you a teaser rate only to jack it up later. That's one of the reasons they quote 6 month rates instead of 12.

You're in Mass like me, look into Commerce. I've checked them all and I can't find a better deal than them. It helps if you have a good driving record. Buy your homeowners and auto from the same agent. Go with the highest deductibles you can stomach. Multiple cars helps too. The wife only drives about 4,000 miles per year so we get an extra 5% off right there. All the other things mentioned are approx. an extra 5% off each as well.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm I already have homeowners through Commerce, may have to look into that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    try to stay away from cold blooded reptilian spokesthingys companies.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;4442593]Ironically, they established themselves by catering to civil servants, with the belief that government employees were less risky to insure.;)[/QUOTE]

I used to be a civil servant... can I still get the discount?

I promise to run for the door SLOWLY at 5pm.;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4443043]I used to be a civil servant... can I still get the discount?

I promise to run for the door SLOWLY at 5pm.;)[/QUOTE]

In 7 more days I'll be a civilian as well.

But don't tell anyone at GEICO.:rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flo at progressive.... doable/not doable?

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/84/Flo_from_Progressive_Insurance.jpg[/IMG]

On a related note I always assumed that pretty much any up front savings on the policy would likely be taken out in spades if I needed to make a claim.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=EM31;4443205]Flo at progressive.... doable/not doable?

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/84/Flo_from_Progressive_Insurance.jpg[/IMG]

On a related note I always assumed that pretty much any up front savings on the policy would likely be taken out in spades if I needed to make a claim.[/QUOTE]

She looks like a dude.