Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Floyd being eyed by the Jets

All Pro

Floyd being eyed by the Jets

I was going to leave this in the draft forum, but since some of you actually have talked yourselves into thinking Sanu is a better option in the 2nd, or maybe Glenn in the 1st, i have to get this out.

[QUOTE]Michael Floyd - WR - Player
    The New York Post reports Notre Dame WR Michael Floyd is being "eyed" by the Jets.
    Floyd will likely already be off the board by the time the Jets choose at No. 16, but they will apparently give consideration to making him a 6-foot-3, 220-pound complement to Santonio Holmes if he falls. ESPN New York's Rich Cimini said last week he didn't envision the Jets selecting Floyd. Asked to compare Floyd to a current NFL player by the New York Post, Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly interestingly said Bears MLB Brian Urlacher. "(Floyd) plays with the same passion, the same toughness, the same spirit," Kelly said. "He just loves to play the game.’’[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    IF, IF, IF, Floyd is there at 16 he will be a Jet.

Banned
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4442899]IF, IF, IF, Floyd is there at 16 he will be a Jet.[/QUOTE]

He won't make it past the Bills at #10.

Pure speculation the NYJETS are also eyeing a Super Bowl.....:rolleyes:

DUMP

I'll take any WR in the 1st 2 rounds. Not a huge fan of Floyd but he is 4th on my short list for us in the 1st. ND players always seem to be a be hyped to me but his combine was great.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :DI hope he does not make it past 10.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4442913]He won't make it past the Bills at #10.[/QUOTE]

I serously hope this is a smoke screen
    Not in favor of taking a WR in the first 2 rounds. Especially when this draft is so deep in receivers and since we dont have a gunslinger at QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE]Asked to compare Floyd to a current NFL player by the New York Post, Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly interestingly said Bears MLB Brian Urlacher.[/QUOTE]

Wat? :confused:

Anyways, Floyd is going to be an awesome player, but we unfortunately are not in a position to trade up for anyone, so let's pray he's there at #16.

All Pro

Try Gilmore/Kuechly

Hall Of Fame

Most likely. I just hope the Bills fall in love with Reiff and take him.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4442929]Most likely. I just hope the Bills fall in love with Reiff and take him.[/QUOTE]

Because Patsfan is the no.

[QUOTE] Here's why this selection won't be Reiff:

1. Chan Gailey said he wants long offensive tackles who can anchor. Riley Reiff's arms are short, so he doesn't fit the description.

2. Gailey and Buddy Nix marveled at the depth at the position in the 2012 NFL Draft. Gailey also said that Chris Hairston did a good job at left tackle last year, which is fairly true. Buffalo will probably select a tackle in Rounds 2-4 to provide competition with Hairston.

3. The Bills did not bring Reiff in for a pre-draft visit. They did so with C.J. Spiller two years ago and they took him. Why wouldn't they ask Reiff to come in?

4. Buffalo loves to pick players from the southeast part of the country. In fact, nearly everyone they've brought in for a visit is from the southeast. [/QUOTE]

If you promise me Floyd will not be an injury issue, then he's going to be a great NFL player. I still prefer to stay away though because I believe he'll have injury problems... Did so basically every single year at Notre Dame. Never really put up that clean year. Even last year was missing hugely important snaps in the bowl game.

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;4442929]Most likely. I just hope the Bills fall in love with Reiff and take him.[/QUOTE]

I know everyone is predicting the Bills going O but I still think they go D. Even with William they still need a DE and 2 OLBs. That D was just pathetic last year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Draft Forum please.

Thanks.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Dreamers;4442941]I know everyone is predicting the Bills going O but I still think they go D. Even with William they still need a DE and 2 OLBs. That D was just pathetic last year.[/QUOTE]

They signed Mark Anderson as well this year, dont think they go D line with their first pick this year. LB I could see, they need help there, but is 10 too high for Keuchly??

If Floyd falls to us and we don't take him, I'm going to lose my ****.

So am guessing this might determine whether Braylon is back with the Jets or not next season.

If Floyd falls to #16(which seems unlikely unless we trade up), then Braylon is a no-go whether he's healthy or not since it sounds like they want to put Floyd opposite Primadonna-man.

If he is not there by #16(very likely) then I see BE being signed.

[QUOTE=JB1089;4442968]If Floyd falls to us and we don't take him, I'm going to lose my ****.[/QUOTE]

Why would you freak that badly?

The guy gets hurt. Has done so his entire career at Notre dame. I've projected him as a first rounder since he was a freshman because I've watched every single game he's played in and think highly of him, but the injury concerns are enough for me to be scared of him. Even last year he was missing KEY snaps in that bowl game due to injury.

If I knew for a fact that injury would not be a problem, I'd absolutely take him. But in my experience following all sports, certain players tend to get hurt more than others. I think RG3 will prove to have injury problems (concussions), and I think the same with Floyd.

Translation: I pray he doesn't fall to the JETS.

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4442951]Draft Forum please.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

This is draft week, why do you want it moved to the draft forum?