Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Floyd being eyed by the Jets

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4442968]If Floyd falls to us and we don't take him, I'm going to lose my ****.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Guy is going to be a stud WR and exactly what this team needs at WR. But he will be long gone by 16.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=revischrist;4443096]Same here. Guy is going to be a stud WR and exactly what this team needs at WR. But he will be long gone by 16.[/QUOTE]

I've worked it out. He;ll be there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4442913]He won't make it past the Bills at #10.[/QUOTE]

He shouldn't get past Miami, since they traded Marshall away, but.....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CanadaSteve;4443157]He shouldn't get past Miami, since they traded Marshall away, but.....[/QUOTE]

You don't think the Phins go with Tannehill?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;4442894]I was going to leave this in the draft forum, but since some of you actually have talked yourselves into thinking Sanu is a better option in the 2nd, or maybe Glenn in the 1st, i have to get this out.[/QUOTE]

If this "he's as tough as Urlacher and plays hurt stuff is true" he would have finished the FSU bowl game this year. Floyd is a baby that doesnt play hurt. That being said, he's an enourmous talent and i'd be fine with him at 16.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nycuse;4443169]If this "he's as tough as Urlacher and plays hurt stuff is true" he would have finished the FSU bowl game this year. Floyd is a baby that doesnt play hurt. That being said, he's an enourmous talent and i'd be fine with him at 16.[/QUOTE]

Dunno why people want to ignore the injury stuff.

And if he missed a playoff game because his rib hurt then people here would have run him out of town just like Abraham.

If Floyd doesn't have injury issues in the pros then I believe he'll be great, but I think he will and I believe that will hold him back in the pros. He may have a year here and there where he stays healthy, but ultimately it won't be worth it because you wont' be able to rely on him.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

***Breaking News**This Just In***

The Jets have the hots for:

Trent Richardson
    Justin Blackmon
    Melvin Ingram
    Mark Barron
    Quinton Coples
    Courtney Upshaw
    Michael Floyd
    Cordy Glenn
    Several players to be named in the next 3 days.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    pass we need more pressing needs while holmes is a douche him and the rest will be fine add a late round pick or two and it will be enough..........They just need a decent QB that can go through his progressions fast enough to get them the ball.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;4443177]Dunno why people want to ignore the injury stuff.

And if he missed a playoff game because his rib hurt then people here would have run him out of town just like Abraham.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly! Urlacher finishes a bowl game versus FSU....Floyd didn't. He's not tough and doesnt play hurt. If he didn't return for a game v the pats this board would be on fire killing him.

Again, i also wouldnt hate the pick at 16 as long as Ingram is also off the board.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4443212]pass we need more pressing needs while holmes is a douche him and the rest will be fine add a late round pick or two and it will be enough..........[B]They just need a decent QB that can go through his progressions fast enough to get them the ball[/B].[/QUOTE]

Please don't suggest that Tebow is that guy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4443220]Please don't suggest that Tebow is that guy.[/QUOTE]

I am not hijacking the thread with a retort...........I will say everyone knows where I stand. I would however, say I think defense has to be the first 2 rounds at least, possibly 3 rounds. We need to get younger and faster to put pressure on opposing QB's.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Buffalo is not taking floyd- They are going to reach on either Gilmore or Barron I think. That's the way the momentum is going.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ron Swanson;4443230]Buffalo is not taking floyd- They are going to reach on either Gilmore or Barron I think. That's the way the momentum is going.[/QUOTE]

they are taking floyd...........floyd and johnson that is a nice duo for fitz to work with.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4443233]they are taking floyd...........floyd and johnson that is a nice duo for fitz to work with.[/QUOTE]

In that scenario, would the Jets put Revis on Floyd since he has a hard time staying with Johnson?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4443240]In that scenario, would the Jets put Revis on Floyd since he has a hard time staying with Johnson?[/QUOTE]

i think he would want another shot at johnson a pride thing...........cro can take floyd. If they were smart they would look for a decent ben coates type of TE in rds 3-4 because the jets still have no one to cover te's which is why i think we have to go defense in rd 1-3. I hated coates he killed the jets when he was on the pats.
    Last edited by ucrenegade; 04-23-2012 at 05:05 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4442968]If Floyd falls to us and we don't take him, I'm going to lose my ****.[/QUOTE]

virginity?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ron Swanson;4443230]Buffalo is not taking floyd- They are going to reach on either Gilmore or Barron I think. That's the way the momentum is going.[/QUOTE]

Yup, Gilmore/Kuechly.

[QUOTE=ucrenegade;4443229] I would however, say I think defense has to be the first 2 rounds at least, [B][U]possibly 3 rounds[/U][/B]. We need to get younger and faster to put pressure on opposing QB's.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.internetmeme.info/static/images/templates/35.jpg[/IMG]

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    This stuff always happens right before the draft. Some teams leak stuff like this in the hopes a player they want drops.

@evansilva: Mike Lombardi on Michael Floyd: "I've heard from reliable ppl in the league that he wasn't impressive in interviews." [url]http://t.co/cxrr1CQc[/url]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Larry Fitzgerald wants the Cardinals to draft M Floyd. IF your franchise player wants a guy , you tend to believe they won't pass him up. So iF jets want Floyd you better get up in front of Arizona. Source NFl Network.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;4443360]Larry Fitzgerald wants the Cardinals to draft M Floyd. IF your franchise player wants a guy , you tend to believe they won't pass him up. So iF jets want Floyd you better get up in front of Arizona. Source NFl Network.[/QUOTE]

When your franchise player wants a 7th rounder, you sometimes end up with a Scotty McKnight. But I don't think franchise players get to make 1st round decisions. Especially when they are under a long contract.