Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Floyd being eyed by the Jets

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    If Floyd falls to us and we don't take him, I'm going to lose my ****.
    Same here. Guy is going to be a stud WR and exactly what this team needs at WR. But he will be long gone by 16.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Same here. Guy is going to be a stud WR and exactly what this team needs at WR. But he will be long gone by 16.
    I've worked it out. He;ll be there.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    He won't make it past the Bills at #10.
    He shouldn't get past Miami, since they traded Marshall away, but.....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    He shouldn't get past Miami, since they traded Marshall away, but.....
    You don't think the Phins go with Tannehill?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I was going to leave this in the draft forum, but since some of you actually have talked yourselves into thinking Sanu is a better option in the 2nd, or maybe Glenn in the 1st, i have to get this out.
    If this "he's as tough as Urlacher and plays hurt stuff is true" he would have finished the FSU bowl game this year. Floyd is a baby that doesnt play hurt. That being said, he's an enourmous talent and i'd be fine with him at 16.

Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    If this "he's as tough as Urlacher and plays hurt stuff is true" he would have finished the FSU bowl game this year. Floyd is a baby that doesnt play hurt. That being said, he's an enourmous talent and i'd be fine with him at 16.
    Dunno why people want to ignore the injury stuff.

And if he missed a playoff game because his rib hurt then people here would have run him out of town just like Abraham.

If Floyd doesn't have injury issues in the pros then I believe he'll be great, but I think he will and I believe that will hold him back in the pros. He may have a year here and there where he stays healthy, but ultimately it won't be worth it because you wont' be able to rely on him.

JetsInsider.com Legend

***Breaking News**This Just In***

The Jets have the hots for:

Trent Richardson
    Justin Blackmon
    Melvin Ingram
    Mark Barron
    Quinton Coples
    Courtney Upshaw
    Michael Floyd
    Cordy Glenn
    Several players to be named in the next 3 days.

All Pro
    pass we need more pressing needs while holmes is a douche him and the rest will be fine add a late round pick or two and it will be enough..........They just need a decent QB that can go through his progressions fast enough to get them the ball.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Dunno why people want to ignore the injury stuff.

And if he missed a playoff game because his rib hurt then people here would have run him out of town just like Abraham.
    Exactly! Urlacher finishes a bowl game versus FSU....Floyd didn't. He's not tough and doesnt play hurt. If he didn't return for a game v the pats this board would be on fire killing him.

Again, i also wouldnt hate the pick at 16 as long as Ingram is also off the board.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    pass we need more pressing needs while holmes is a douche him and the rest will be fine add a late round pick or two and it will be enough..........They just need a decent QB that can go through his progressions fast enough to get them the ball.
    Please don't suggest that Tebow is that guy.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Please don't suggest that Tebow is that guy.
    I am not hijacking the thread with a retort...........I will say everyone knows where I stand. I would however, say I think defense has to be the first 2 rounds at least, possibly 3 rounds. We need to get younger and faster to put pressure on opposing QB's.

Buffalo is not taking floyd- They are going to reach on either Gilmore or Barron I think. That's the way the momentum is going.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Buffalo is not taking floyd- They are going to reach on either Gilmore or Barron I think. That's the way the momentum is going.
    they are taking floyd...........floyd and johnson that is a nice duo for fitz to work with.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    they are taking floyd...........floyd and johnson that is a nice duo for fitz to work with.
    In that scenario, would the Jets put Revis on Floyd since he has a hard time staying with Johnson?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    In that scenario, would the Jets put Revis on Floyd since he has a hard time staying with Johnson?
    i think he would want another shot at johnson a pride thing...........cro can take floyd. If they were smart they would look for a decent ben coates type of TE in rds 3-4 because the jets still have no one to cover te's which is why i think we have to go defense in rd 1-3. I hated coates he killed the jets when he was on the pats.
    Last edited by ucrenegade; 04-23-2012 at 05:05 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    If Floyd falls to us and we don't take him, I'm going to lose my ****.
    virginity?

All Pro
    Yup, Gilmore/Kuechly.

I would however, say I think defense has to be the first 2 rounds at least, possibly 3 rounds. We need to get younger and faster to put pressure on opposing QB's.

This stuff always happens right before the draft. Some teams leak stuff like this in the hopes a player they want drops.

@evansilva: Mike Lombardi on Michael Floyd: "I've heard from reliable ppl in the league that he wasn't impressive in interviews." http://t.co/cxrr1CQc

Larry Fitzgerald wants the Cardinals to draft M Floyd. IF your franchise player wants a guy , you tend to believe they won't pass him up. So iF jets want Floyd you better get up in front of Arizona. Source NFl Network.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Larry Fitzgerald wants the Cardinals to draft M Floyd. IF your franchise player wants a guy , you tend to believe they won't pass him up. So iF jets want Floyd you better get up in front of Arizona. Source NFl Network.
    When your franchise player wants a 7th rounder, you sometimes end up with a Scotty McKnight. But I don't think franchise players get to make 1st round decisions. Especially when they are under a long contract.