Thread: You know who you are.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

You know who you are.

[IMG]http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/1735890564/image.jpg[/IMG]

Worried about obese boyfriend

Hi,

I am worried about my boyfriend. He is quite a bit older than me (30 yr age gap) and obese.

I keep worrying about his health - that he might have a stroke, heart attack, develop diabetes etc. He already has arthritis (a rare autoimmune form which started in his teens so not caused by weight) and I'm sure his weight makes the pain worse - he has a lot of back pain. He has high cholesterol and used to smoke a lot. Thankfully he stopped smoking 10 years ago.

There are a lot of exercises he can't do due to his joint pain (and probably his size & poor fitness level), but he does enjoy walking and cycling - but he can only cycle when his back isn't playing up. I run and do yoga and we don't really enjoy the same sports.

I do find him attractive and have no problems aesthetically with his size. We sometimes have good sex, but there are positions we can't do because his belly gets in the way. He sometimes has erectile dysfunction and I suspect this is due to many factors including his weight (causing hormonal disruption and perhaps metabolic syndrome), being an ex smoker and high cholesterol (perhaps suggestive of poor vascular health).

I have discussed everything above with him many times but he still hasn't made enough changes to his diet and lifestyle. He hears the dangers, but he doesn't seem to have really taken in how bad his weight is for his health.

I have come to realise that I'm not sure I want a long term relationship with him if he still won't lose some weight and become healthier. I don't want him to be slim or muscular, I just don't want him to have a stroke, be in pain all the time or die prematurely. Even if he was in the overweight weight range, rather than the obese range I'm sure this would have a huge improvement on his health and he would feel better.

How can I marry or have children with someone who may not be alive or able to look after a family?

what can I do?
    Last edited by shakin318; 04-24-2012 at 07:14 AM.

Rookie
    Post a pic or GTFO

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=summermusics;4443766]Hi,

I am worried about my boyfriend. He is quite a bit older than me (30 yr age gap) and obese.
    [URL="http://tinyurl.com/6ujatm6"]pic here. [/URL]
    I keep worrying about his health - that he might have a stroke, heart attack, develop diabetes etc. He already has arthritis (a rare autoimmune form which started in his teens so not caused by weight) and I'm sure his weight makes the pain worse - he has a lot of back pain. He has high cholesterol and used to smoke a lot. Thankfully he stopped smoking 10 years ago.

There are a lot of exercises he can't do due to his joint pain (and probably his size & poor fitness level), but he does enjoy walking and cycling - but he can only cycle when his back isn't playing up. I run and do yoga and we don't really enjoy the same sports.

I do find him attractive and have no problems aesthetically with his size. We sometimes have good sex, but there are positions we can't do because his belly gets in the way. He sometimes has erectile dysfunction and I suspect this is due to many factors including his weight (causing hormonal disruption and perhaps metabolic syndrome), being an ex smoker and high cholesterol (perhaps suggestive of poor vascular health).

I have discussed everything above with him many times but he still hasn't made enough changes to his diet and lifestyle. He hears the dangers, but he doesn't seem to have really taken in how bad his weight is for his health.

I have come to realise that I'm not sure I want a long term relationship with him if he still won't lose some weight and become healthier. I don't want him to be slim or muscular, I just don't want him to have a stroke, be in pain all the time or die prematurely. Even if he was in the overweight weight range, rather than the obese range I'm sure this would have a huge improvement on his health and he would feel better.

How can I marry or have children with someone who may not be alive or able to look after a family?

what can I do?[/QUOTE]

LOLGFY

All League
    Yeah, click here. :rolleyes:

IBTD!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=summermusics;4443766]

what can I do?[/QUOTE]

You could stop yer complaining and make him a sammich.

_

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4443789]You could stop yer complaining and make him a sammich.

_[/QUOTE]

Yes - why are you at the computer and not in the kitchen?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4443790]Yes - why are you at the computer and not in the kitchen?[/QUOTE]

I'd have erectile dysfunction too if my GF was nagging me all the time.

_

JetsInsider.com Legend

I do find him attractive and have no problems aesthetically with his size. We sometimes have good sex, but there are positions we can't do because his belly gets in the way.

[/QUOTE]

Does he use body spray? I recently found that my balls get sweaty a lot and if I put a few squirts of Right Guard on both sides of my testicles I can feel refreshed all day.

SAR I

Sounds like you'll have his money sooner than later....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Now that's how you merge a thread, boys and girls.

Hall Of Fame
    You guys are heartless.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;4443809]You guys are heartless.[/QUOTE]

My wife used to call me Barney Clark.

The original heartless man.

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;4443827]My wife used to call me Barney Clark.

The original heartless man.

_[/QUOTE]

My wife once told me I had a big heart.

I told her cardiomyopathy is no laughing matter.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4443829]My wife once told me I had a big heart.

I told her cardiomyopathy is no laughing matter.[/QUOTE]

My wife tells me I have a big heart. And since I always wear it on my sleeve, I have to have my shirts let out on one side.

I'll be here all night, try the veal.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

what can I do?[/QUOTE]

Well, you've taken the first big step. You posted your problem on a Jets message board. Everything else will work itself out.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4443793]Does he use body spray? I recently found that my balls get sweaty a lot and if I put a few squirts of Right Guard on both sides of my testicles I can feel refreshed all day.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

stop riding the bus Cap'n

...some of the best advice i've gotten never came from JI...

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4443802]Now that's how you merge a thread, boys and girls.[/QUOTE]

Worst.

Merge.

Ever.

That original title alone would have brought hundreds of replies, 10 pages minimum.

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JStokes;4444600]Worst.

Merge.

Ever.

That original title alone would have brought hundreds of replies, 10 pages minimum.

_[/QUOTE]

For some reason, fatties are the last group at which America feels free to openly poke fun and call names.

Not on my watch, shrimp.