Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Been trying to get canned for a month now.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Been trying to get canned for a month now.

Really don't need/want this job anymore, in my experience every job has a shelf life and mine is past it's expiration date. Would be ideal to time it so I get my 8 weeks severance right before the boys start summer vacation, for a once-in-a-lifetime 2-month family vacay. Don't want to burn any bridges but definitely want to be shown the door. I know some of you semi-morons might actually have decent advice.

[QUOTE=shakin318;4443932]Really don't need/want this job anymore, in my experience every job has a shelf life and mine is past it's expiration date. Would be ideal to time it so I get my 8 weeks severance right before the boys start summer vacation, for a once-in-a-lifetime 2-month family vacay. Don't want to burn any bridges but definitely want to be shown the door. I know some of you semi-morons might actually have decent advice.[/QUOTE]

How long have you been there?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=FF2;4443936]How long have you been there?[/QUOTE]

A total of 8 years in 3 different stints.

[QUOTE=shakin318;4443939]A total of 8 years in 3 different stints.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I used to feel it at about 5 years. Gets harder to pretend you care.

What are your prospects for finding something else?

My bro-in-law got a friggin' years salary when he was laid off. :steamin:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4443932]Really don't need/want this job anymore, in my experience every job has a shelf life and mine is past it's expiration date. Would be ideal to time it so I get my 8 weeks severance right before the boys start summer vacation, for a once-in-a-lifetime 2-month family vacay. Don't want to burn any bridges but definitely want to be shown the door. I know some of you semi-morons might actually have decent advice.[/QUOTE]

Lots of cabbage, broccoli, sauerkraut, pickled eggs, and Guinness every night ought to do it really quick.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;4443979]Lots of cabbage, broccoli, sauerkraut, pickled eggs, and Guinness every night ought to do it really quick.[/QUOTE]

I have my own office and typically keep the door shut. I bust ass all day long and it's no problem.

Jets Insider VIP
    How does your boss' daughter look?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=FF2;4443971]Yeah I used to feel it at about 5 years. Gets harder to pretend you care.

What are your prospects for finding something else?

My bro-in-law got a friggin' years salary when he was laid off. :steamin:[/QUOTE]

I'll have no problem getting another job, I basically have two standing offers. I can also go for self-employment, which I did for 6 years before coming back to this job. I just really owe the kids a major over the top kickass vacation, and want to do it before they get too old to care...the severance would be nice fundage for that.

Bewildered Beast
    How do you look in your wife's clothes?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4443989]How does your boss' daughter look?[/QUOTE]

I only see her when she walks into my office, and when she does, she looks like she just smelled rotten eggs.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4444005]I only see her when she walks into my office, and when she does, she looks like she just smelled rotten eggs.[/QUOTE]

Ok, but how does she look when she isn't within smelling distance of you?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4444011]Ok, but how does she look when she isn't within smelling distance of you?[/QUOTE]

Kinda like my avatar. Only not as good looking.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4444017]Kinda like my avatar. Only not as good looking.[/QUOTE]

Ok, you're going to need a ping-pong paddle, foreceps, a clothes pin, paper bag, rolled up newspaper, a camera, and a bottle of good Scotch.

Once you have all those things, IM me. I'll have you on vacation shortly after.

Hall Of Fame
    Why don't you tell Sooth to go f*ck himself, or just post full frontal nudity.

_

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4444023]Ok, you're going to need a ping-pong paddle, foreceps, a clothes pin, paper bag, rolled up newspaper, a camera, and a bottle of good Scotch.

Once you have all those things, IM me. I'll have you on vacation shortly after.[/QUOTE]

What's the clothes pin for?

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4444004]How do you look in your wife's clothes?[/QUOTE]

LOL

Why don't you just start disappearing at odd times. Take unannounced half days, take every other Wednesday off, definitely dont come in on Fridays. But continue to do all your work quickly and efficiently. Basically, prove to them that they don't need you.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4444035]What's the clothes pin for?

_[/QUOTE]

It'll be easier if I just send you an instructional YouTube video.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4444044]LOL

Why don't you just start disappearing at odd times. Take unannounced half days, take every other Wednesday off, definitely dont come in on Fridays. But continue to do all your work quickly and efficiently. Basically, prove to them that they don't need you.[/QUOTE]

I always disappear at odd times, for extended times. McFaddens is right across the street. I never come in on Mondays or Fridays, I'm "working from home" (LOL). I always work quickly and efficiently -- it's a deadline-driven business. Unfortunately, they do need me, and badly -- they laid off everyone else who does my job throughout the northeast region, so I'm a resource for 5 different offices. I know all the clients and they know me, I can bang out great work faster than anyone else....the ramp-up time/effort for my replacement would be a nightmare.

Jets Insider VIP
    pretend to go off the deep end and piss on the desk of the person you hate most in the office. maybe a doot in the water cooler also.

that worked very well in my office. guy "retired" with full benefits/pension, all on taxpayer money.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4444061]I always disappear at odd times, for extended times. McFaddens is right across the street. I never come in on Mondays or Fridays, I'm "working from home" (LOL). I always work quickly and efficiently -- it's a deadline-driven business. Unfortunately, they do need me, and badly -- they laid off everyone else who does my job throughout the northeast region, so I'm a resource for 5 different offices. I know all the clients and they know me, I can bang out great work faster than anyone else....the ramp-up time/effort for my replacement would be a nightmare.[/QUOTE]

I think you know what to do....you just don't have it in you....