Thread: Chelsea in the Final.......WTF

All League

Chelsea in the Final.......WTF

Holy crap I don't know how they hung on with 10 men but that was possibly the most remarkable effort I've seen by a team in my short soccer-watching life.

And fittingly, it was Torres with the dagger. Just unreal. Glad Barcelona's gone. I've been pulling for Real for a while.

Practice Squad
    One of the best games I have ever seen. Chelsea defended their dicks off

All Pro
    They had their forwards back playing as an extra right and left back. Ive seen the 'park the bus' idea against Barca happen and this is one of the first times Barca didnt end up burning the team that tried it. Insane effort.

And Bayern gets a seat at the table. At Allianz no less!

The Dream Final is no more - think Bayern have to be favourites for this especially given Terry will be out for the game.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Death View Post
    The Dream Final is no more - think Bayern have to be favourites for this especially given Terry will be out for the game.
    Lame final, IMO.

All League
    Torres is officially back.

FANTASTIC hat trick today.

A totla of 7 players out for the final, they need to get rid of the yellow card toatlas for the finals going forward.

I think this final will be more entertaining than Real barcelona. I hate watching Barcelona keep the ball for 70% of the game.

Chelsea v Bayern will be a wide open match I believe.

Speaking of Chelski, where the hell is SBIII? Thought he was a Chelsea type.

As a Tottenham fan, I'm rooting for Bayern. But I figure if Tottenham finishes in 4th, then Chelsea will win, and if Tottenham finishes in 5th (or 6th) then Bayern will win.

Like rooting for the Jets, this Tottenham business.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    As a Tottenham fan, I'm rooting for Bayern. But I figure if Tottenham finishes in 4th, then Chelsea will win, and if Tottenham finishes in 5th (or 6th) then Bayern will win.

Like rooting for the Jets, this Tottenham business.
    Get tickets for Spurs vs. Red Bulls on July 31st yet?

Chelsea fans providing the laughs because they have Rafa Benitez in charge. They can't stand him because he's Liverpool through and through. He will do a job for them though. I don't think I've really come across a set of fans booing and swearing at their own manager before their team has kicked a ball under his charge in an actual game.

Benitez is starting to improve the Chelsea team, with a thrashing of Villa by 8 goals and an away win against a tough Norwich side who have beaten ManU, City and the Arse (think I have that right) at home this season. One thing he's done is put David Luiz at defensive mid and out of the back four - Luiz has been fantastic in the position and his passing, especially from deep, a joy to behold.