Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP! Need advice from lawyer, ethicist...or mailman.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4445917]I'm an ethicist. Let me know if you still have questions after reading the answers above. I'll try to help...for a fee.[/QUOTE]

Do you charge more or less than a lawyer?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=FF2®;4445398]So I keep getting a magazine delivered to my office that's not for me.

I told Cliff Clavin its not mine, he seems intent on ignoring me.

Am I under any legal or moral obligation to rectify this situation?

Or should I just enjoy said magazine.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

[I]Meanwhile over at Mailman Insider:[/I]

[QUOTE=Clavin®69isGOd] So I hit Arse clown deautchbarg with another copy of American RIfleman...lol...he had put the 9 previous copies in front of his door with a note that said "As per our previous discussion, please forward these to the intended recipient. Thank you sir".....Naturally, I slid each one back under along with the June issue. I could hear ACD fumbling and cursing on the other side so I shouted "whats that? Are you saying something sir?" as I see the corner of a magazine being pushed back out, so I kicked it back in.

He goes "Ah no. everythings cool.... Thankyou sir!" and he pulls the mag back in. Then I hear a muffled scream and a desk getting the business, lol.

Ha ha I love that Arseclown Deutchberg![/QUOTE]

-

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4445979]Do you charge more or less than a lawyer?[/QUOTE]

A helluva lot more. I mean I AM a certified ethicist. But my advice is worth the cost. Depending upon how dire the straits of my client I'll simply raise my rates accordingly.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4446039]A helluva lot more. I mean I AM a certified ethicist. But my advice is worth the cost. Depending upon how dire the straits of my client I'll simply raise my rates accordingly.[/QUOTE]

Is that ethical?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=FF2®;4446047]Is that ethical?[/QUOTE]

Does Mongo Manning, Eli's similarly attired decoy brother **** in the woods?

:dunno:

-

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4446047]Is that ethical?[/QUOTE]

I can answer that but I'll have to bill you for my time to do so. I bill in 1/2 hour increments with a minimum of 4 hours.

Jets Insider VIP
    PM sent. Invoice attached. I accept Paypal, unsecured credit card transactions and hard coin, hoss.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4446103]PM sent. Invoice attached. I accept Paypal, unsecured credit card transactions and hard coin, hoss.[/QUOTE]

Diner's Club OK?

Read it on your next trip to the toilet. Then hand deliver it. Everybody wins.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4446103]PM sent. Invoice attached.[/QUOTE]

Any room on the invoice for the signature of Mango Manning, Eli's similarly attired decoy brother?

Two tickets to Shakin's draft party say yes.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bullitt929;4445957]I had a summer job as a mailman when I was in college, so I guess I'm an expert. This seems pretty black and white to me. There are rules. They exist for a reason. Follow them or suffer the consequences. I can't exactly tell you what the rules are, but we all know, don't we? :D[/QUOTE]

Someone should issue a memo.

For clarification purposes.

[QUOTE=32green;4445987][I]Meanwhile over at Mailman Insider:[/I]

Originally Posted by Clavin®69isGOd
    So I hit Arse clown deautchbarg with another copy of American RIfleman...lol...he had put the 9 previous copies in front of his door with a note that said "As per our previous discussion, please forward these to the intended recipient. Thank you sir".....Naturally, I slid each one back under along with the June issue. I could hear ACD fumbling and cursing on the other side so I shouted "whats that? Are you saying something sir?" as I see the corner of a magazine being pushed back out, so I kicked it back in.

He goes "Ah no. everythings cool.... Thankyou sir!" and he pulls the mag back in. Then I hear a muffled scream and a desk getting the business, lol.

Ha ha I love that Arseclown Deutchberg!

-[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

have a nice time!

[QUOTE=rushfordimmen;4446508]have a nice time![/QUOTE]

Enjoy your perma-ban.

[QUOTE=rushfordimmen;4446508]have a nice time![/QUOTE]

Who was this guy?

UDATE:

I have received 3 issues of the magazine all in 2 weeks.

Some nefarious goings-on here. :confused:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=FF2®;4446636]UDATE:

Some nefarious goings-on here. :confused:[/QUOTE]

I hear Manhole has some great articles. Don't just look at the pictures.

All Pro
    cross out your address
    mark return to sender
    slip it in the mailbox
    without the brown envelope
    done

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=FF2®;4446636]UDATE:

Some nefarious goings-on here. :confused:[/QUOTE]

I work regularly with Postal Inspectors and I can tell you this; There is a ring of clown-mailmen operating in the greater NE area. Be thankful you didnt get the Western NY Doot-package crew.

PM me your business address.

-

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4445468]Enjoy your windfall, occupant[/QUOTE]
    :rofl:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;4450735]I work regularly with Postal Inspectors and I can tell you this; There is a ring of clown-mailmen operating in the greater NE area. Be thankful you didnt get the Western NY Doot-package crew.

PM me your business address.

-[/QUOTE]
    I had a summer job delivering mail to apartment complexes in Brookline Massachusetts for a month. I was three days behind in the mail at all times and things were going okay. I read everyone's magazines and decide which crap I should throw in the garbage to lighten my load. There was one woman I had the hots for and I read some of her mail that seemed of the personal persuasion. She got one letter with a rose sticking out of it. I opened it and it was from a guy who she was conversing with through personal ads. The guy apologized profusely about a letter he sent her, saying he only used "that kind of language" because he found that was the kind of stuff women seemed to want. He explained he wasn't really liked this but thought that was what women liked to here. He sent the rose as an apology. He said
    "I hope you like this, I grew it myself". I took the rose out of the envelope and poured some frosted flakes in instead.

The jig was up when I didn't deliver the monthly social security checks to the old bats on time and was told this wasn't my thing.