Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Autistic Child Verbally abused by Teachers and Aides

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4446828]Your precious union is and will continue to defend those awful teachers with a passion.[/QUOTE]

You know this how?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4446828]Your precious union is and will continue to defend those awful teachers with a passion. You wonder why people hate teachers unions? It is because they they almost always put defense of poor teachers above the defense of children. As a member of one of those unions you should be embarrassed that the organization you love and consistently defend here consistently clearly cares little for the children. Any organization that protect adults that abuse children is sickening.[/QUOTE]

These union teachers should at least be entitled to plastic surgery at the communities expense even though the district is amongst the poorest in the nation. It is FOR THE CHILDREN.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GPf41VNvvs[/url]

[QUOTE=FF2;4446850]You know this how?[/QUOTE]

I know this by their consistent actions. We have tanks in NYC where teachers deemed too dangerous to be around children sit everyday collecting a paycheck. We have a process in which it can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars and take years to fire teachers that are deemed a danger to children. The actions of the teachers unions tell the tale. This case alone proves the point. The tenered teachers on that tape were reassigned. They werent fired. Somewhere in the Cherry Hill School district special needs children are being verbally abused and forced to listen to tales of drunken exploits. Those abusive teachers are getting paid 120K plus healthcare and a pension plan that would require between 2-3 million in after tax cash to buy at retirement. All on the taxpayers dime. The unions made that possible.

You know through the trusted media reports. That's your answer.

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4446895]I know this by their consistent actions. We have tanks in NYC where teachers deemed too dangerous to be around children sit everyday collecting a paycheck. We have a process in which it can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars and take years to fire teachers that are deemed a danger to children. The actions of the teachers unions tell the tale. This case alone proves the point. The tenered teachers on that tape were reassigned. They werent fired. Somewhere in the Cherry Hill School district special needs children are being verbally abused and forced to listen to tales of drunken exploits. Those abusive teachers are getting paid 120K plus healthcare and a pension plan that would require between 2-3 million in after tax cash to buy at retirement. All on the taxpayers dime. The unions made that possible.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4446859]These union teachers should at least be entitled to plastic surgery at the communities expense even though the district is amongst the poorest in the nation. It is FOR THE CHILDREN.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GPf41VNvvs[/url][/QUOTE]

I'm glad they are fair and balanced during this piece. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4446895]I know this by their consistent actions. We have tanks in NYC where teachers deemed too dangerous to be around children sit everyday collecting a paycheck. We have a process in which it can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars and take years to fire teachers that are deemed a danger to children. The actions of the teachers unions tell the tale. This case alone proves the point. The tenered teachers on that tape were reassigned. They werent fired. Somewhere in the Cherry Hill School district special needs children are being verbally abused and forced to listen to tales of drunken exploits. Those abusive teachers are getting paid 120K plus healthcare and a pension plan that would require between 2-3 million in after tax cash to buy at retirement. All on the taxpayers dime. The unions made that possible.[/QUOTE]

And in those "tanks" there are mostly teachers who were accused falsely by students. Do you realize that if a girl who hates her math teacher because she failed a test and decides the way to get back at him is to claim he is staring at her his whole life is turned upside down? Put yourself in his shoes, being falsely accused of something like this. The teacher gets removed immediately and is rarely told what he has done and just sits in rubber rooms for months until it is rectified. You realize that girls and boys go through hormonal changes that affect their emotions and actions. Good teachers are extremely vulnerable in the current system. Some savvy students know this and "taunt" teachers by saying to them secretively if they don't pass they will make false accusations. The system is insane.

What should society do?

What should the job of a union be to people here? They should just agree with management and move on? They provide a defense for the union dues paying members.

The same people who hate lawyers until they need one.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4446973]And in those "tanks" there are mostly teachers who were accused falsely by students. Do you realize that if a girl who hates her math teacher because she failed a test and decides the way to get back at him is to claim he is staring at her his whole life is turned upside down? Put yourself in his shoes, being falsely accused of something like this. The teacher gets removed immediately and is rarely told what he has done and just sits in rubber rooms for months until it is rectified. You realize that girls and boys go through hormonal changes that affect their emotions and actions. Good teachers are extremely vulnerable in the current system. Some savvy students know this and "taunt" teachers by saying to them secretively if they don't pass they will make false accusations. The system is insane.

What should society do?[/QUOTE]

well normal kids have nothing to do with special kids...........normal kids that do that **** you blame the parents and society for having such a loose based morals and or never teaching the child repect and stuff.

special kids that get abused your damn right the teachers should be sitting their and not getting a paychk..........

I believe unions are good for some business's like walmart but bad for others like teacher's esp when they treat special cases kids the same as normal kids who do know right from wrong.

[QUOTE=ucrenegade;4446989]well normal kids have nothing to do with special kids...........normal kids that do that **** you blame the parents and society for having such a loose based morals and or never teaching the child repect and stuff.

special kids that get abused your damn right the teachers should be sitting their and not getting a paychk..........

I believe unions are good for some business's like walmart but bad for others like teacher's esp when they treat special cases kids the same as normal kids who do know right from wrong.[/QUOTE]

Sorry but you are misinformed. Special Ed kids are only labeled "special ed" if their parents AGREE to have them tested. There are multiple cases everywhere where parents refuse to have their kids tested. The students are then placed in general ed. Compound this with easier standards to get out of special ed under NCLB and it is recipe for disaster.

Walk through any NYC public school and see if you can pick out the special ed kids from the regular ed both physically and/or emotionally. Special Ed students are often mixed with regular ed students in certain class settings. You will be shockingly surprised at how challenging it is.......
    Last edited by copernicus; 04-26-2012 at 01:58 PM.

[QUOTE=cr726;4446983]What should the job of a union be to people here? They should just agree with management and move on? They provide a defense for the union dues paying members.

The same people who hate lawyers until they need one.[/QUOTE]

I really hate lawyers especially when I need one. As for unions they should go away. They serve no good purpose. The public sector unions use funds to elect politicians they can keep in their pockets. The Private sector unions use extortion and thuggery to threaten companies to doing their bidding. I personally detest all unions. They served a purpose in the early 20th century but workplace labor laws have eliminated the need for unions.

The teachers unions are the most harmful because the children are effected by their tactics. In Wisconsin we now know that their union contract forced the municipalities to purchase health insurance from one particular insurance company. Without competition that company was charging 25% more for the plan then other companies. Once Walker passed his law and the municipalities were able to shop the insurance to multiple companies they got the same exact plan for 25% less. Shockingly (or not) the same insurance co that they had been using reduced their price in their bid by the 25%. That alone saves millions.

In Buffalo NY teachers negotiated in a cosmetic surgery allowance in to their health plan. Buffalo is 40 million in the hole in their school budget. The cosmetic surgery clause is worth 9 million a year or almost $2000 per teacher. Regular folks don't have a clue how these unions are raping taxpayers.

Of course none of those things compare to the evil of a union that puts the needs and luxuries of their adult teachers above the needs of helpless children.

[QUOTE=copernicus;4446973]And in those "tanks" there are mostly teachers who were accused falsely by students. Do you realize that if a girl who hates her math teacher because she failed a test and decides the way to get back at him is to claim he is staring at her his whole life is turned upside down? Put yourself in his shoes, being falsely accused of something like this. The teacher gets removed immediately and is rarely told what he has done and just sits in rubber rooms for months until it is rectified. You realize that girls and boys go through hormonal changes that affect their emotions and actions. Good teachers are extremely vulnerable in the current system. Some savvy students know this and "taunt" teachers by saying to them secretively if they don't pass they will make false accusations. The system is insane.

What should society do?[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt that "most" of the teachers in the tanks were falsely accused. As far as what society should do, teacher evaluations and merit pay would go a long way to addressing these issues. I absolutely sympathize with anyone that has to deal with a false accusation. It is a tricky situation but I highly doubt it is a prevailant or common thing. It's pretty easy to weed out a kid that is lying. The ability to fire poor performing teachers while promoting and rewarding excellent performers would dramatically improve our education system as a whole.

It's a two way street. Your bias doesn't make what you think true.

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4447160]I really hate lawyers especially when I need one. As for unions they should go away. They serve no good purpose. The public sector unions use funds to elect politicians they can keep in their pockets. The Private sector unions use extortion and thuggery to threaten companies to doing their bidding. I personally detest all unions. They served a purpose in the early 20th century but workplace labor laws have eliminated the need for unions.

The teachers unions are the most harmful because the children are effected by their tactics. In Wisconsin we now know that their union contract forced the municipalities to purchase health insurance from one particular insurance company. Without competition that company was charging 25% more for the plan then other companies. Once Walker passed his law and the municipalities were able to shop the insurance to multiple companies they got the same exact plan for 25% less. Shockingly (or not) the same insurance co that they had been using reduced their price in their bid by the 25%. That alone saves millions.

In Buffalo NY teachers negotiated in a cosmetic surgery allowance in to their health plan. Buffalo is 40 million in the hole in their school budget. The cosmetic surgery clause is worth 9 million a year or almost $2000 per teacher. Regular folks don't have a clue how these unions are raping taxpayers.

Of course none of those things compare to the evil of a union that puts the needs and luxuries of their adult teachers above the needs of helpless children.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726;4447179]It's a two way street. Your bias doesn't make what you think true.[/QUOTE]

What in my post would you say is untrue? Also is there anything you agree with?

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4447194]What in my post would you say is untrue? Also is there anything you agree with?[/QUOTE]

Unions negotiate for their contracts and the majority of states make it illegal for teachers to strike, so they are limited in power when negotiations are in progress.

Unions came into existence because of corporations/municipalities sh&tting all over their employees.

There are good and horrific examples of union and management actions.

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4446828]Your precious union is and will continue to defend those awful teachers with a passion. You wonder why people hate teachers unions? It is because they they almost always put defense of poor teachers above the defense of children. As a member of one of those unions you should be embarrassed that the organization you love and consistently defend here consistently clearly cares little for the children. Any organization that protect adults that abuse children is sickening.[/QUOTE]

not for nothing but thats what any union is supposed to do.....protect and represent its members.
    did you hear the mouth on that kid? he was making all sorts of grunts. who could listen to that crap all day?

[QUOTE=dickkotite;4447216]not for nothing but thats what any union is supposed to do.....protect and represent its members.
    did you hear the mouth on that kid? he was making all sorts of grunts. who could listen to that crap all day?[/QUOTE]

Teachers unions always claim that they are looking out for the kids. They are running a commercial in my town right now about approving the school budget on May 15th. You are saying then that if the union supports it they are actually only looking out for themselves and their massive benefits and pension packages not the children? I will be voting no FYI.

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4446895]Those abusive teachers are getting paid 120K plus healthcare and a pension plan that would require between 2-3 million in after tax cash to buy at retirement. All on the taxpayers dime. The unions made that possible.[/QUOTE]

Those teachers on the tape were all making $120,000? You know this?

And and time I checked states who NEGOTIATED teacher contracts made that possible.

[QUOTE=cr726;4446966]I'm glad they are fair and balanced during this piece. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

This was a really biased report. They should have had a counterpoint. Free cosmetic surgery is the right of every government worker. In particular teachers should get the free cosmetic surgeries. Not for their vanity. Its for the kids. Imagine as a student having to look at a wrinkled prune faced teacher. It's distracting. Makes it hard to pay attention to learning. Or for example a teacher with a big hook nose. Kids cant learn with a thing like that in the room. This one is the most serious. What about a teacher with an ugly mole with hair in it?? I had a teacher like that and it took my full concentration not to stare at it in disgust everyday. They should get the free cosmetic surgeries for the kids.

[QUOTE=FF2;4447439]Those teachers on the tape were all making $120,000? You know this?

And and time I checked states who NEGOTIATED teacher contracts made that possible.[/QUOTE]

I know the salaries for tenered teachers in Cherry Hill. 120K plus benefits. Last time I checked States set the conditions for all government employees and municipalities are left holding the bag. Also the last time I checked Unions use the majority of their funds to purchase politicians whom they then have to negotiate with. Seems to me that the system is gamed when a union can purchase a politician who then negotiates with that same union on salaries and benefits. You don't see the inherit conflict in that set up?

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4447419]Teachers unions always claim that they are looking out for the kids. They are running a commercial in my town right now about approving the school budget on May 15th. You are saying then that if the union supports it they are actually only looking out for themselves and their massive benefits and pension packages not the children? I will be voting no FYI.[/QUOTE]

well you and I both know thats just a spin. they are looking out for their clients, which are teachers....and rightfully so. parents and administration have their interests, teachers have theirs...cops have theirs.....and so on and so on. its normal.

why are unions so "radical"? well, im an NRA member. do i think that i think that everything the NRA does is right? No. why do i have to support them then do you ask? well, the bottom line is the OTHER side of the coin is equally as unreasonable, hence the need to fight hard and not relent. there is no trust, no common ground so negotiating in good faith is impossible.

liberals would like to see certain weapons banned. do i think its reasonable? maybe, maybe not. if i could trust them and say,"ok we will give up x, but now go away as a courtesy and leave us alone..." that would be nice. however, the reality is that if you become reasonable and give up x, they will not go away and come after y and z. therefore, im not budging on x. ever. same with labor unions. you really cant blame them.......
    Last edited by dickkotite; 04-26-2012 at 05:54 PM.