Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Autistic Child Verbally abused by Teachers and Aides

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4447472]I know the salaries for tenered teachers in Cherry Hill. 120K plus benefits. Last time I checked States set the conditions for all government employees and municipalities are left holding the bag. Also the last time I checked Unions use the majority of their funds to purchase politicians whom they then have to negotiate with. Seems to me that the system is gamed when a union can purchase a politician who then negotiates with that same union on salaries and benefits. You don't see the inherit conflict in that set up?[/QUOTE]

this is where you need to be fair. i REALLY doubt they make 120k. maybe if you have a doctorate AND 30 years of service,,,,,,MAYBE.

so get real. whats the STARTING salary for a kid out of school? 48k? 48k is a far cry from 120k

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4446859]These union teachers should at least be entitled to plastic surgery at the communities expense even though the district is amongst the poorest in the nation. It is FOR THE CHILDREN.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GPf41VNvvs[/url][/QUOTE]

I broke one of my front teeth a few years ago. My teacher dental benefits DIDNT cover it. They called it cosmetic. Had to pay out of pocket. Just sayin

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4447518]I broke one of my front teeth a few years ago. My teacher dental benefits DIDNT cover it. They called it cosmetic. Had to pay out of pocket. Just sayin[/QUOTE]

Not true. They pay for everything. ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Far be it for me to be a forum cop, but the topic of this thread is about an autistic kid getting abused. The politicizing of this because it was at the hands of teachers and aides tasked with his care is the real travesty, not whether they will lose their jobs or how much they make.

That's the big picture here. That's where the outrage and cane-shaking should be directed. The rest of it only serves to detract.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;4447550]Far be it for me to be a forum cop, but the topic of this thread is about an autistic kid getting abused. The politicizing of this because it was at the hands of teachers and aides tasked with his care is the real travesty, not whether they will lose their jobs or how much they make.

That's the big picture here. That's where the outrage and cane-shaking should be directed. The rest of it only serves to detract.[/QUOTE]

Very true.

It only took SouthParkARRGHTEACHERS!!cpa 3 posts to detract.

;)

I forwarded the article to the GF and she told me she dealt with a similar situation when her son was younger. Not as bad as this case...but bad enough to make her change schools.

I highly doubt this is an isolated incident...

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4447468]This was a really biased report. They should have had a counterpoint. Free cosmetic surgery is the right of every government worker. In particular teachers should get the free cosmetic surgeries. Not for their vanity. Its for the kids. Imagine as a student having to look at a wrinkled prune faced teacher. It's distracting. Makes it hard to pay attention to learning. Or for example a teacher with a big hook nose. Kids cant learn with a thing like that in the room. This one is the most serious. What about a teacher with an ugly mole with hair in it?? I had a teacher like that and it took my full concentration not to stare at it in disgust everyday. They should get the free cosmetic surgeries for the kids.[/QUOTE]

The insurance provided it, correct? You act like there is a cosmetic cash pile for all to take from, my buddy had his steroid man titties reduced on his work insurance plan because he knew a doctor who knows the system.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;4447550]Far be it for me to be a forum cop, but the topic of this thread is about an autistic kid getting abused. The politicizing of this because it was at the hands of teachers and aides tasked with his care is the real travesty, not whether they will lose their jobs or how much they make.

That's the big picture here. That's where the outrage and cane-shaking should be directed. The rest of it only serves to detract.[/QUOTE]

My personal and sincere apology to you sir. I did not mean to hijack the thread from a very important and sensitive topic.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4447566]Very true.

It only took SouthParkARRGHTEACHERS!!cpa 3 posts to detract.

;)

I forwarded the article to the GF and she told me she dealt with a similar situation when her son was younger. Not as bad as this case...but bad enough to make her change schools.

[B]I highly doubt this is an isolated incident.[/B]..[/QUOTE]

IMO, the most heartbreaking part of the story.

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4449436]IMO, the most heartbreaking part of the story.[/QUOTE]

It's horrific and sad, as a parent I can't fathom my child being treated like this in a place by the very people who are supposed to be protecting them.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4449342]My personal and sincere apology to you sir. I did not mean to hijack the thread from a very important and sensitive topic.[/QUOTE]

Totally not necessary, it's not my thread and I wasn't offended. Just wanted to try and steer it back on topic.:)

[QUOTE=cr726;4447598]The insurance provided it, correct? You act like there is a cosmetic cash pile for all to take from, my buddy had his steroid man titties reduced on his work insurance plan because he knew a doctor who knows the system.[/QUOTE]

The article was very specific. The specific rider for cosmetic surgery carries a price tag of 9 Million.

[QUOTE=dickkotite;4447517]this is where you need to be fair. i REALLY doubt they make 120k. maybe if you have a doctorate AND 30 years of service,,,,,,MAYBE.

so get real. whats the STARTING salary for a kid out of school? 48k? 48k is a far cry from 120k[/QUOTE]

I was pretty specific in my post. Tenered teachers in Cherry Hill make around 120K. The starting salary would be significantly lower as it would be in every other industry in existence. 120K salary and benefits worth approximately an additional 45K per year.

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4449544]I was pretty specific in my post. Tenered teachers in Cherry Hill make around 120K. The starting salary would be significantly lower as it would be in every other industry in existence. 120K salary and benefits worth approximately an additional 45K per year.[/QUOTE]

Here are the salaries of Cherry Hill teachers.

[IMG]http://www.cherryhill.k12.nj.us/departments/human/2011-12%20Teacher's%20Salary%20Guide.pdf[/IMG]

[url]http://www.cherryhill.k12.nj.us/departments/human/2011-12%20Teacher's%20Salary%20Guide.pdf[/url]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=cr726;4449502]It's horrific and sad, as a parent I can't fathom my child being treated like this in a place by the very people who are supposed to be protecting them.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a parent, although i hope to be soon. I believe I would leave my house with murderous intentions if my child was on a tape like that. My guess is that JW's wife reminded him how much more valuable he was to his child's life out of prison (not trying to speak for you brother, just a guess, no offense meant).

As always, I say the punishment should be the offender(s) in a sound proof room for an hour with the parent(s)...or someone like Ragu if the parents are too decent. :D

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4449544]I was pretty specific in my post. Tenered teachers in Cherry Hill make around 120K. The starting salary would be significantly lower as it would be in every other industry in existence. 120K salary and benefits worth approximately an additional 45K per year.[/QUOTE]

ok i just saw that list. a starting teachers salary with a masters is 50k, just as i predicted. after 17 years, they are up to 94k. so wheres the 120k? plus your adding 45k in bebefits?

admit you are stretching the truth here.....

2000, lets talk turkey. (whatever that means)

you will vote so its safe to assume you live in cherry hill. thats a nice high end neighborhood.

your taxes are super high

if you live there, you must make a good buck.

so my question to you is:

why is it ok for you to make 6 figures (with probably a masters at best....likely a bach) and have an unlimited earnings possibility, BUT you have issues with other professionals who have busted their butts in college just like yourself barely being able to break 6 figures and have NO possibility of ever becoming wealthy?

its expensive to live in NJ. your too busy counting other peoples money bro

and btw, i agree the cosmetic surgery issue is wrong....but why can you make 6 figures but others cant?

[QUOTE=copernicus;4447082]Sorry but you are misinformed. Special Ed kids are only labeled "special ed" if their parents AGREE to have them tested. There are multiple cases everywhere where parents refuse to have their kids tested. The students are then placed in general ed. Compound this with easier standards to get out of special ed under NCLB and it is recipe for disaster.[/QUOTE]

There is also the disturbing trend where parent(s) have their kids intentionally diagnosed "special ed" so they can an SSI check.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=dickkotite;4447216]not for nothing but thats what any union is supposed to do.....protect and represent its members.
    did you hear the mouth on that kid? he was making all sorts of grunts. who could listen to that crap all day?[/QUOTE]

There's something seriously wrong with you

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4450279]There's something seriously wrong with you[/QUOTE]

potato, you have absolutely no sense of humor. you are a stiff. ive had more fun at funerals staring at the dead. you dont seem to "get it" and yet every chance you get you have to try to take a swing at me. perhaps some tutoring with capt obvious is in order?

OR

are you in love with me honey bunny?

either way, we can work this out sugar snap