Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Pro Bowl

R.I.P. Pro Bowl

They just announced on M&M that Roger Baddell is going to cancel the pro bowl forever. Good move I think, that game was watched by nobody and was only an invitation to Hawaii to get injured. Nobody cares.

Oh and bad job again by the NFL putting the first round of the draft on a Thursday night. They will lose a lot of audience in the NY area tonight because there are 2 NHL playoff game 7's tonight involving 2 % 3 NY local teams, one at MSG and one in FL. I used to love the draft on Saturday early afternoon and through the day. It was an all day football oasis party in the middle of baseball season. Oh well...I guess that is what DVR is for because I am watching the Ranger game, and will peak in on the Devil game.

Jets Insider VIP
    When the pro bowl moved to before the super bowl, that was the beginning of the end. It needs to be after the super bowl so all players can attend.

Thursday night draft is terrible. Go back to Saturday. There was nothing like sitting around for 12 straight hours on Saturday and watching Mel and the boys.

All Pro
    What's a little odd is they realize how uninterersting this game is partly because it is 'air ball' yet they're trying to make the regular NFL games more pass-heavy.

Oh wow, I completely forgot about the NJ/FLA game tonight. Meh, I guess it's gonna be channel flipping tonight.

Hall Of Fame
    I dont think anybody gives a **** about the Pro Bowl. The idea of an All-Star game does not work in football.

I am glad that the players will no longer be at risk of injury. If memory serves correct, didn't Revis get dinged in the Pro Bowl this year.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=ASH_1962;4446606]They just announced on M&M that Roger Baddell is going to cancel the pro bowl forever. Good move I think, that game was watched by nobody and was only an invitation to Hawaii to get injured. Nobody cares.

Oh and bad job again by the NFL putting the first round of the draft on a Thursday night. They will lose a lot of audience in the NY area tonight because there are 2 NHL playoff game 7's tonight involving 2 % 3 NY local teams, one at MSG and one in FL. I used to love the draft on Saturday early afternoon and through the day. It was an all day football oasis party in the middle of baseball season. Oh well...I guess that is what DVR is for because I am watching the Ranger game, and will peak in on the Devil game.[/QUOTE]

The NFL does not care about local sporting events. The draft will do better ratings than the two hockey games combined. Just look at the production they are putting on. Its covered by two networks, it looks like the Oscars when you go Radio City and they have made this the NFL's premier night in the off season. The NFL could care less about a couple local hockey games, and quite frankly most of NY doesnt really care about them as well.

Veteran
    I'd like to see them replace the game with a "skills" competition with the players voted in.
    That way there's no need for replacement players for injuries or the Superbowl, but there's still more football on the off week.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=ASH_1962;4446606]They just announced on M&M that Roger Baddell is going to cancel the pro bowl forever. Good move I think, that game was watched by nobody and was only an invitation to Hawaii to get injured. Nobody cares.

Oh and bad job again by the NFL putting the first round of the draft on a Thursday night. They will lose a lot of audience in the NY area tonight because there are 2 NHL playoff game 7's tonight involving 2 % 3 NY local teams, one at MSG and one in FL. I used to love the draft on Saturday early afternoon and through the day. It was an all day football oasis party in the middle of baseball season. Oh well...I guess that is what DVR is for because I am watching the Ranger game, and will peak in on the Devil game.[/QUOTE]

Wont be that much a prob for me. Setting the DVR for NFLN at 8. Ranger game starts at 7...should be able to watch it live and hopefully when its over and the Blueshirts have advanced by 9:30, pick #16 will still be unmade...

Devils???? Not sure their 4000 total fans will impact anything much at all

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;4446620]The NFL does not care about local sporting events. The draft will do better ratings than the two hockey games combined. Just look at the production they are putting on. Its covered by two networks, it looks like the Oscars when you go Radio City and they have made this the NFL's premier night in the off season. The NFL could care less about a couple local hockey games, and quite frankly most of NY doesnt really care about them as well.[/QUOTE]

I hardly doubt a draft will bring in better ratings than two game 7 stanley cup playoff games. Have you ever even seen playoff hockey? Yea, gtfo.

Not to mention NBA regular season last night too. NFL should put it back on Saturdays. Sorry but to me, I am going to watch the NBA and NHL before I watch the NFL tonight. I will switch to when the Jets pick but that's about it.

Best move Roger ever made.

[QUOTE=McGinley;4446627]I hardly doubt a draft will bring in better ratings than two game 7 stanley cup playoff games. Have you ever even seen playoff hockey? Yea, gtfo.[/QUOTE]

NFL draft will easily beat both games combined.

Damn now I cant buy any of those hideous Pro-Bowl jerseys.......never did anyway.

[QUOTE=MrJames;4446633]NFL draft will easily beat both games combined.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs4/3254667_o.gif[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=McGinley;4446627]I hardly doubt a draft will bring in better ratings than two game 7 stanley cup playoff games. Have you ever even seen playoff hockey? Yea, gtfo.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? You are seriously over rating the interest in hockey. Especially considering that these are first round series and most NYers could care less about hockey. Think about it for a minute.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... lol ...

... draft is going to destroy the hockey playoffs ratings-wise ...

l_j_r

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;4446640]Seriously? You are seriously over rating the interest in hockey. Especially considering that these are first round series and most NYers could care less about hockey. Think about it for a minute.[/QUOTE]

You're undermining what we're talking about. Playoff Hockey > NFL Draft.

Jets Insider VIP

100% agree on all counts.

Especially regarding the draft.

I would also be watching the Rangers game and DVR'ing the draft but unfortunately I have an appointment with a client at 6PM and have to DVR both. :O

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=McGinley;4446643]You're undermining what we're talking about. Playoff Hockey > NFL Draft.[/QUOTE]

How so? I said the draft will outdraw both hockey games tonight. What part of that is undermining what your saying? Your not making sense. The interest in the hockey games is minimal compared to the draft.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=chops44;4446622]I'd like to see them replace the game with a "skills" competition with the players voted in.
    That way there's no need for replacement players for injuries or the Superbowl, but there's still more football on the off week.[/QUOTE]

This.

I never understood why they didn't roll the QB and lineman challenge into the Pro Bowl weekend anyway. A skills challenge would be a lot for fun for both the players and fans. Just no beach football.