Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Pro Bowl

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4446647]100% agree on all counts.

Especially regarding the draft.

I would also be watching the Rangers game and DVR'ing the draft but unfortunately I have an appointment with a client at 6PM and have to DVR both. :O[/QUOTE]

Nothing the NFL can do about the draft coinciding with the Rangers playoff game. They can't switch the game midweek and there was no way of knowing when the Rangers would be playing. What if the draft was set for Friday night and and the draft was set for Friday night?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4446623]Wont be that much a prob for me. Setting the DVR for NFLN at 8. Ranger game starts at 7...should be able to watch it live and hopefully when its over and the Blueshirts have advanced by 9:30, pick #16 will still be unmade...

Devils???? Not sure their 4000 total fans will impact anything much at all

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

Why bust on the Devils??? Are you going to the Garden tonight?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    not busting on em, flagman

just stating the fact that they have almost no fans and almost no interest even amongst NY Metro Area hockey fans...

those would be the facts

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4446623]
    Devils???? Not sure their 4000 total fans will impact anything much at all
    [/QUOTE]

With how many times you've had to watch them sit atop the division, they must feel like the ****ing Patriots to you...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;4446777]The void created in my life by the loss of the Pro Bowl should be easily filled by [B]repeats of Storage Wars [/B]or a 30 minute infomercial about feminine itching.[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with a couple of hours of this.....

[IMG]http://www.brandipassante.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/brandi-driving-miss-barry2.png[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;4446777]The void created in my life by the loss of the Pro Bowl should be easily filled by repeats of Storage Wars or a 30 minute infomercial about feminine itching.[/QUOTE]

Need more Barry Weiss!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4446825]not busting on em, flagman

just stating the fact that they have almost no fans and almost no interest even amongst NY Metro Area hockey fans...

those would be the facts[/QUOTE]

The Rock was hoping the other night, they have plenty of fans, just put the arena in the worst possible place.

Aren't the real fans supposed to be in the Arena for the playoff games, not watching on their couches???? LOL :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the pro-bowl was unwatchable any way...........what ever happened to the skills set thing they use to do I think o'brien won the accuracy title a few teams beating out marino. :D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=petejet;4446831]Nothing wrong with a couple of hours of this.....

[IMG]http://www.brandipassante.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/brandi-driving-miss-barry2.png[/IMG][/QUOTE]
    I've already informed my wife that if Brandi leaves Jarrod, I'm on my way to Cali.

WTF she sees in that wannabe ghetto white boy is beyond me.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4446846]I've already informed my wife that if Brandi leaves Jarrod, I'm on my way to Cali.

WTF she sees in that wannabe ghetto white boy is beyond me.[/QUOTE]

A few beers and a Brandi sound like a good mix.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=revischrist;4446803]Nothing the NFL can do about the draft coinciding with the Rangers playoff game. They can't switch the game midweek and there was no way of knowing when the Rangers would be playing. What if the draft was set for Friday night and and the draft was set for Friday night?[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming you're asking what if the hockey game was also on Friday night?

Well, I'd be doing the same thing. Watching the hockey game and DVR'ing the draft.

And I never said there's anything that the NFL can do about it. I was just commenting on how I'm dealing with it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It shows the power of the NFL/college football that their draft draws ratings like that. Im going to the Ranger game (which btw has gotten really nice local ratings. I bet they do a good share tonight) and I couldnt care less that Im missing the draft on tv. Im going to check my phone during stoppages for updates.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! So remove the single meaningless game with all the stars that costs us nothing. Yet keep the 64 meaningless games with much less stars we are forced to pay for in the preseason.

Makes perfect sense.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mike135;4446861]Awesome! So remove the single meaningless game with all the stars that costs us nothing. Yet keep the 64 meaningless games with much less stars we are forced to pay for in the preseason.

Makes perfect sense.[/QUOTE]

To the NFL it does. As long as you keep paying they will keep taking.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=petejet;4446831]Nothing wrong with a couple of hours of this.....

[IMG]http://www.brandipassante.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/brandi-driving-miss-barry2.png[/IMG][/QUOTE]
    By the way, the dude in the hat sure looks like he is fishing for something...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4446751]facts...love them. :yes:[/QUOTE]

You'd wanna check the local share if you were comparing a niche sport thats regionally based liked to the only National sport in America.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4446829]With how many times you've had to watch them sit atop the division, they must feel like the ****ing Patriots to you...[/QUOTE]

:eek:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rangers got lucky last night Boston lost. Made it so there can't be a NJ ass whoopin of NY in 2nd round.

I'll be watching Devil game, flipping over to Rangers, and monitoring draft on phone.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mike135;4446875]Rangers got lucky last night Boston lost. Made it [B]so there can't be a NJ ass whoopin of NY in 2nd round[/B].

I'll be watching Devil game, flipping over to Rangers, and monitoring draft on phone.[/QUOTE]

History is not on your side.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4446891]History is not on your side.[/QUOTE]

This is true... I thought after the sweep a few years back, we'd finally turned it around though :P