Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: R.I.P. Pro Bowl

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4446647]100% agree on all counts.

Especially regarding the draft.

I would also be watching the Rangers game and DVR'ing the draft but unfortunately I have an appointment with a client at 6PM and have to DVR both. :O[/QUOTE]

Ive got loads of issues with this. I coach my kids little league squad tonite (expecting rain fortunately) and probably won't get home til about 8-8:30. The wife is DVRing some other TV shows. And you can't watch other channels while two channels are recording, I'm gonna be outta pocket for a half hour/hour at least.

Recording the Devils game and figuring on bouncing over in between commercials the draft. Or did I record the draft? Such a mess.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This will be the first draft I miss in a long time
    GO RANGERS

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    your typical boston fan reacts to Joel Ward of the Washington Capitals game winning goal in OT winning the series.....

[url]http://chirpstory.com/[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;4447142]Sure - but in the context of this discussion, suggesting that the NFL cares about its local share of a particular market and should move the draft to avoid competing with a "niche sport" in a particular region is nuts.

Bottom line, the NFL could not possibly care less that two playoff hockey games are on in the draft's time slot.[/QUOTE]

Obviously the NFL doesnt care. The only thing that effects the NFL scheduling is Government events like Obamas speech at the convention this year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4447480]your typical boston fan reacts to Joel Ward of the Washington Capitals game winning goal in OT winning the series.....

[url]http://chirpstory.com/[/url][/QUOTE]

Ha, I love when my disgust for the common Bostonian is justified.

Thing of beauty watching 'em suffer. Especially with the Sux in last place too. :D

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the Pro Bowl still gets better TV ratings than the MLB or NBA All-Star games.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4447480]your typical boston fan reacts to Joel Ward of the Washington Capitals game winning goal in OT winning the series.....

[url]http://chirpstory.com/[/url][/QUOTE]

Oh that was disgusting, I saw that too.

I still say the NHL playoffs are THE BEST sporting event(s) in the world.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mike135;4446918]... I'm still holding out hope for a NJ/NY 3rd round matchup. At least now the Devils will get to kill Philly fans' hopes if it's gonna happen.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=sg3;4446924]glad to see all 3 Devil fans are cocksure, confident that tonight at Sunrise is in the bag and are looking ahead to their next opponent[/QUOTE]

:cool: