Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many people subcribe to this belief

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4449566]Huh? Domestic oil production on federal lands is down 50% since 2007. We have an energy secretary and president on record stating that in order to enact their environmentalist green energy agenda we need to drive fuel prices up to the levels seen in Europe. We have an EPA that plans to shut down close to 40 coal fired power plants and has shut down any possibility of building any new coal plants. We have an Obama appointee heading up the southern region (oil and gas region)EPA that is on record saying they want to "crucify" oil and gas companies.

This is reality.[/QUOTE]

It shouldn't be hard to actually show where you got this info from then?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4450364]I wonder why [B]offshore[/B] projects saw a decrease in the past several years while overall oil production went up?[/QUOTE]

Windmills. Right? No....wait. Low VOC paint and Toyota Prius?

What's funny is that more oil was extracted from Federal land last year than in any year in the previous decade.

Obama.

Whar.

Freaking.

Gharbl.

Sent from my Anus using TapewormTalk

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4450611]Windmills. Right? No....wait. Low VOC paint and Toyota Prius?

What's funny is that more oil was extracted from Federal land last year than in any year in the previous decade.

Obama.

Whar.

Freaking.

Gharbl.

Sent from my Anus using TapewormTalk[/QUOTE]

Not funnier than Plumber/lib lies/BS

Approximately 96% of the total increase in domestic oil production between 2007 and 2011 occurred on [B]non-federal[/B] land, which Obama does not control. Not only did almost all of the production take place on land beyond the Obama administration's control, but it [B]decreased[/B] on land within his control.

[URL]http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R42432.pdf[/URL]

PAGE 2

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gulf of Mexico.

BP.

Moratorium.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4450680]Not funnier than Plumber/lib lies/BS

Approximately 96% of the total increase in domestic oil production between 2007 and 2011 occurred on [B]non-federal[/B] land, which Obama does not control. Not only did almost all of the production take place on land beyond the Obama administration's control, but it [B]decreased[/B] on land within his control.

PAGE 2[/QUOTE]

I thought the EPA shut them down?

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4449566]Huh? Domestic oil production on federal lands is down 50% since 2007. We have an energy secretary and president on record stating that in order to enact their environmentalist green energy agenda we need to drive fuel prices up to the levels seen in Europe. We have an EPA that plans to shut down close to 40 coal fired power plants and has shut down any possibility of building any new coal plants. We have an Obama appointee heading up the southern region (oil and gas region)EPA that is on record saying they want to "crucify" oil and gas companies.

This is reality.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/23/business/energy-environment/inching-toward-energy-independence-in-america.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all"]http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/23/business/energy-environment/inching-toward-energy-independence-in-america.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all[/URL]

[QUOTE]

In 2011, the country imported just 45 percent of the liquid fuels it used, down from a record high of 60 percent in 2005.

[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4450680]Not funnier than Plumber/lib lies/BS

PAGE 2[/QUOTE]

Nice job.

Poor poor oil companies. Extracting more oil this year than any year during the "Let Me Touch My Groin Bush Administration"...but so sad that they aren't allowed to do it on Federal land.

Wah.

Suck it up. Jesus.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4451488]I thought the EPA shut them down?[/QUOTE]

Don't bother. (R)'s = tools

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4451488]I thought the EPA shut them down?[/QUOTE]

No, that's coal fired power plants. It's very easy to confuse oil and coal. :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4452802]No, that's coal fired power plants. It's very easy to confuse oil and coal. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Link

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4452895]Link[/QUOTE]

"Let me sort of describe my overall policy.

What I've said is that we would put a cap and trade system in place that is as aggressive, if not more aggressive, than anybody else's out there.

I was the first to call for a 100% auction on the cap and trade system, which means that every unit of carbon or greenhouse gases emitted would be charged to the polluter. That will create a market in which whatever technologies are out there that are being presented, whatever power plants that are being built, that they would have to meet the rigors of that market and the ratcheted down caps that are being placed, imposed every year.

So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can; it's just that it will bankrupt them because they're going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that's being emitted.

That will also generate billions of dollars that we can invest in solar, wind, biodiesel and other alternative energy approaches.

The only thing I've said with respect to coal, I haven't been some coal booster. What I have said is that for us to take coal off the table as a (sic) ideaological matter as opposed to saying if technology allows us to use coal in a clean way, we should pursue it.

[B] So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can.

It's just that it will bankrupt them." [/B]

(to SF Chronicle / SFGate as candidate, 1/17/08)

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aTf5gjvNvo[/url]

2012:

[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/epa-to-impose-first-greenhouse-gas-limits-on-power-plants/2012/03/26/gIQAiJTscS_story.html[/url]