Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: We Are Finished

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;4448834]Sorry, he took 80% of in his senior year, the year that he had to prove to the Pros that he should be a top draft pick. Thats scary and tells me that this might be a head case. I don't give a damn about the circumstances at NC----if he is a top notch player, he would have played through it.[/QUOTE]

sounds like a guy who played hard for his coach and when he got canned he started thinking more about himself and his draft position. this guy needs a coach like rex to coach him up and unlock that potential. tanny has staked his rep/job to rex being able to coach him up.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;4448089]This pick is horrible and really indicates how incompetent this regime is. I am convinced that we will go into re-building mode in two years--thats how long I give Bean Counter and the Mouth. Suffer on my friends---Our pain will continue.[/QUOTE]

GFY loser.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;4448840]The problem is that the Jets have done little to nothing to fix the problems on offense. As Rex likes to tout the defense (5th Best in the NFL last year), why would he do nothing to improve the offense with his first round pick? Perhaps he is so delusional that he thinks that if the defense gets to number 2, it will somehow cover up the glaring problems on offense. I suspect that this is his answer to the "greatness" of his QB Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

Agree offense needs more held than D, but who would you have wanted to take.

I'm glad we didn't take a WR after Flord was gone, as I think we can get just as good a WR in rd 2 or 3.

DeCastro could've been a good pick, though that may not have helped our one real weakness on OL, RT.

I'm not convinced Reiff would've been a good pick

Hopefully we use 2nd and/or 3rd rd picks to address WR and/or RT.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;4448089]This pick is horrible and really indicates how incompetent this regime is. I am convinced that we will go into re-building mode in two years--thats how long I give Bean Counter and the Mouth. Suffer on my friends---Our pain will continue.[/QUOTE]

For someone who's 99% accurate you sure made a fool of yourself a few years back in the Lions game-day thread...

Remember these gems?

[QUOTE]Defense goes south here--they are real tired. Post game analysis;

1. Not prepared and not disciplined.
    2. [B]JR. is not ready for prime time nor are the Jets.[/B]
    3. Schitty is as usual, Shoddy. ----I'll give you this one.
    4. [B]Jr. has no courage.[/B][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Stick with me guys--as I said, defense is tired--game over.
    [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Everybody repeat after me. SAME OLD JETS!
    [/QUOTE]

You then disappeared for the remainder of the game when sanchez and the jets staged the comeback. So stop spamming the friggin board with your nonsense Mr. Accurate. :rolleyes:

No one knows how the pick will pan out until Coples steps on the damn field so to whine and complain that the jets dont know what their doing when he hasn't played a down in the NFL is nonsense. Mario Williams had motor concerns too...how'd that work out???

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mogglez;4449016]For someone who's 99% accurate you sure made a fool of yourself a few years back in the Lions game-day thread...

Remember these gems?

You then disappeared for the remainder of the game when sanchez and the jets staged the comeback. So stop spamming the friggin board with your nonsense Mr. Accurate. :rolleyes:

No one knows how the pick will pan out until Coples steps on the damn field so to whine and complain that the jets dont know what their doing when he hasn't played a down in the NFL is nonsense. Mario Williams had motor concerns too...how'd that work out???[/QUOTE]

I said 99% accurate. By the way, you seem a bit obsessive. You must have an empty life! Stop the stalking now! By the way, tell me about Mario William's senior year at DE---you obviously have no idea.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Season canceled.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not crazy about the pick, but we're not "finished".

One can legitimately disagree without getting a sandy va...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;4449025]I said 99% accurate. By the way, you seem a bit obsessive. You must have an empty life! Stop the stalking now! By the way, tell me about Mario William's senior year at DE---you obviously have no idea.[/QUOTE]

Another thing your wrong about. I've never stalked you or called you out before, just vaguely remember you being ripped in that specific thread for disappearing after acting like a fool. And I was right. Even if I did stalk you and brought it up in every thread you posted in, I'd still be right. Your complaining about a player before he's even stepped on the field.

Mario Williams was a beast his senior year. Regarded as the best pass rusher in his class...just like Coples was this year. So what's your point?? It's one thing to say you hate the pick, it's another thing to say "We're finished". Step back from the ledge a little is all I'm saying.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does anybody know rextillion and/or srobjets off of this site?

I have yet to see a post from either of these two clowns that wasn't some pathetic whiny diatribe about how horrible the Jets are.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was at that Lions game and wasnt able to read those posts of brilliance and accuracy from our board personnel guru rextilleon

Thanks for reposting them

So in sum..rextilleon SAR copernicus and ray lucas...four pillars of positive thinking about the team ALL dont like the Coples pick...

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    We stink.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm the first to admit I don't have a clue how a college player will translate in the NFL. I do know if you want to build a great team you need guys with overwhelming talent. People grow at different levels and speed. Being a professional is about growing up and manning up. That happens at different times for all of us. Talent on the other hand is much harder to develop.

We weren't getting one of the top 3 guys, we were picking in the middle of round 1. We got a by all indications a great talent. I have no problem with the pick. It's up to management to develop the kid into a great pro.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4449164]I was at that Lions game and wasnt able to read those posts of brilliance and accuracy from our board personnel guru rextilleon

Thanks for reposting them

So in sum..rextilleon SAR copernicus and ray lucas...four pillars of positive thinking about the team ALL dont like the Coples pick...

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

Fans and media types like Lucas and Jenkins who are close to the team and have a rooting interest see what is happening. The obvious lies by Tanny, Woody, and Rex that are being thrown in fans face, questionable moves with ulterior motives, and just trying to make the big splash to sell the product rather than build a true winner.

Coples? Only going on what experts say, they compare him to Gholston, takes stretches of plays off, gets lost, not a hard worker. Are these the qualities of a player that you would want on a team that has had their integrity questioned from the HC down to the locker-room?

Coples may turn out to be great. On draft night, the pick is questionable. Is our D line the obvious problem? Last time I looked Devito, Pouha, and Wilkerson were pretty solid. Maybin looks to have a bright future with us. Where does Coples actually fit in barring injures to the players mentioned?

There seemed to be a few players like Coples all bunched up together. Ingrahm, Jones, Mercilus, Perry, etc. If the JETS really wanted a DE wouldnt it have been better to trade down and possibly pick up a 3 or a 2 to draft a legit Wr,or Rt, or Lb, safety higher than what we currently have? We have so many picks at the end of the draft where it is an absolute crap shoot to land a legit player. Couldnt we have say traded to the bottom of the first round plus a 7th rounder to obtain someone else' s 2nd round pick and possibly more? This is what I observe the better teams do. We seem to never make this type of trade, even in a draft that is so obvious that the JETS need holes to fill

IMHO, the obvious short comings were on the OLINE (specifically RT), Wr, safety and aging LBs.

Don't knowledgeable football people say a football team goes as far as its OLINE? Isnt Pitt in a similar position as we are? They had no problem taking a hard nosed football player to build up that OLINE. It appears they arent concerned with headlines and Hard Knocks. Pitt is a great organization for ever. But I guess this is not good enough for us.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4449205]Fans and media types like Lucas and Jenkins who are close to the team and have a rooting interest see what is happening. The obvious lies by Tanny, Woody, and Rex that are being thrown in fans face, questionable moves with ulterior motives, and just trying to make the big splash to sell the product rather than build a true winner.

Coples? Only going on what experts say, they compare him to Gholston, takes stretches of plays off, gets lost, not a hard worker. Are these the qualities of a player that you would want on a team that has had their integrity questioned from the HC down to the locker-room?

Coples may turn out to be great. On draft night, the pick is questionable. Is our D line the obvious problem? Last time I looked Devito, Pouha, and Wilkerson were pretty solid. Maybin looks to have a bright future with us. Where does Coples actually fit in barring injures to the players mentioned?

There seemed to be a few players like Coples all bunched up together. Ingrahm, Jones, Mercilus, Perry, etc. If the JETS really wanted a DE wouldnt it have been better to trade down and possibly pick up a 3 or a 2 to draft a legit Wr,or Rt, or Lb, safety higher than what we currently have? We have so many picks at the end of the draft where it is an absolute crap shoot to land a legit player. Couldnt we have say traded to the bottom of the first round plus a 7th rounder to obtain someone else' s 2nd round pick and possibly more? This is what I observe the better teams do. We seem to never make this type of trade, even in a draft that is so obvious that the JETS need holes to fill

IMHO, the obvious short comings were on the OLINE (specifically RT), Wr, safety and aging LBs.

Don't knowledgeable football people say a football team goes as far as its OLINE? Isnt Pitt in a similar position as we are? They had no problem taking a hard nosed football player to build up that OLINE. It appears they arent concerned with headlines and Hard Knocks. Pitt is a great organization for ever. But I guess this is not good enough for us.[/QUOTE]

How do you know this guy can't play both LB and DE and maybe DT in a few years when he gets bigger?

Good teams take the best player on their board they don't draft need. I would bet money the Steelers have taken BAP on their board for years. If your beef is you think we don't have the staff to evaluate BAP that's a legit concern but not taking a sure thing at 16 is insane thinking.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic;4448152]This was a great pick!!! I wanted this guy from the beginning, but initially he wasn't expected to be available at 16!

Great Job![/QUOTE]

Same here...its amazing how people can fall in love with upshaw first because he was rhe perfect fit, than Ingram for the same reason....meanwhile the highest rated pash rusher in this years draft who was supposed to go top10 fall s to the jets and its a terrible pick. let it play out...some people on this board woukd complain if we drafted luck .....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

dump this useless thread. Rextilleon: I'll bet you haven't even seen film of Coples let alone seen him play. Top rated DE in this draft. Having Wilk and Cop as bookends with DeVito rotating in and hopefully Ellis starts to contribute... is a very impressive Dline. I would have picked DeCastro there myself as I feel the Oline is the team's achilles heel, but if defense was the choice, Coples is a much surer bet than Ingram. UNC was a mess last season. Not going to downgrade any player based on that circus last year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;4449226]dump this useless thread. Rextilleon: [B]I'll bet you haven't even seen film of Coples let alone seen him play.[/B] Top rated DE in this draft. Having Wilk and Cop as bookends with DeVito rotating in and hopefully Ellis starts to contribute... is a very impressive Dline. I would have picked DeCastro there myself as I feel the Oline is the team's achilles heel, but if defense was the choice, Coples is a much surer bet than Ingram. UNC was a mess last season. Not going to downgrade any player based on that circus last year.[/QUOTE]

Like you have. :rolleyes:

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;4448840]The problem is that the Jets have done little to nothing to fix the problems on offense. As Rex likes to tout the defense (5th Best in the NFL last year), why would he do nothing to improve the offense with his first round pick? Perhaps he is so delusional that he thinks that if the defense gets to number 2, it will somehow cover up the glaring problems on offense. I suspect that this is his answer to the "greatness" of his QB Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

You have to be kidding me. You are an idiot. It's one freakin' pick in a 7 round 10 pick draft for the Jets. How about you evaluate the draft in 2015 rather than two hours after the first round. What you or me or Mayock thinks about the pick today means jack ****.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4449213]How do you know this guy can't play both LB and DE and maybe DT in a few years when he gets bigger?

Good teams take the best player on their board they don't draft need. I would bet money the Steelers have taken BAP on their board for years. If your beef is you think we don't have the staff to evaluate BAP that's a legit concern but not taking a sure thing at 16 is insane thinking.[/QUOTE]

100% correct Winston, I dont know. Guess after last season especially the way it ended the Jets would have done everything in their power to make the best, solid, pick. A player who absolutly lives and breathes football, no nonsense, a guy who will lift the team with his football motor. IMHO, there are many questions with the pick. I hope Coples is great but are you really not going to question the pick of a player who doesnt live and breathe football with our current locker room situation? At the least, just question it?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4449253]100% correct Winston, I dont know. Guess after last season especially the way it ended the Jets would have done everything in their power to make the best, solid, pick. IMHO, there are many questions with the pick. I hope Coples is great but are you really not going to question the pick of a player who doesnt live and breathe football with our current locker room situation? At the least, just question it?[/QUOTE]

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ