Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: We Are Finished

Jets Insider VIP
    There was a time when Quinton Coples was rated a top five prospect and thought he could go 1-2 behind eventual top pick Andrew Luck out of Stanford.

But as questions arose about his motor and passion, his stock began to slip. Coples, though, wasn't bothered that he ended up the 16th overall pick in the NFL Draft Thursday night.

"I just think it was a decision that another team didn't chose me but right now I think the team that did choose me is the best team," he said.

Did he think the Jets got a good deal?

"I think they got a great value," he said.

Does he have a chip on his shoulder?

"Every day," he said. "I always have a chip on my shoulder, I always want to get better, I'm always willing to improve and that's how I take it."

Coples, along with the rest of his family, had a feeling that the Jets would end up taking him with the pick if he was still on the board at No. 16. It didn't keep him from being nervous, though.

"It's just an unbelievable feeling," he said. "I was a nervous wreck but through it all, God blessed me and put me in the right position."

Coples said he received a playbook but hasn't had a chance to thumb through it yet.

And even though Rex Ryan worked him out as a linebacker at the combine, Coples knows he's expected to come in and work into the rotation at defensive end. He didn't play in a predominantly 3-4 defense in college but wasn't worried about the transition.

"At Carolina we had a package where we ran the 3-4 and I also ran it at the Senior Bowl," Coples said. "So I'm definitely familiarized with the 3-4 scheme."

Coples, who's stock was sky high his junior year, said he remained in school for his senior season to prepare himself on and off the field -- something he didn't think he was ready for this time last year.

"I wasn't ready to become a professional," he said. "I played at a high level my junior year but I wasn't ready to make the transition to become a professional on or off the field so that's why I came back."

Amid an agent scandal that rocked the program, Coples said he was counted on as a leadership figure among teammates.

"I just had to stay strong for the team, the team relied on me to be there for them and I had to carry the young guys that came in that weren't familiar with the situation and I think that's what kept me strong, kept me motivated."

A friend of Muhammad Wilkerson's, Coples said he heard from the team's first-round pick last year after the draft. Wilkerson told him: "We're on the rise, we're one step from the Super Bowl."

"(Offenses) should be worried about me and Muhammad, big (Sione Pouha) in the middle and everybody else that's around us," Coples said.

But wait a second, Quentin..... aren't you aware that noted personnel guru Rextilleon is 99 percent certain that WE ARE FINISHED??

LOL.....Wilkerson says we're one step from a SB. I suppose he was with REX during the offensive meetings last year.

We BEAT no one last year.......

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Refuel;4448225]Tanny isn't what's wrong with the Jets. Rex isn't, either.

It's fans like these who cry that the season's over halfway through the first round of the draft.

I'm sick of the whining and the moaning and the doom and gloom. So the guy YOU wanted didn't get drafted -- DEAL WITH IT and move on. The Jets needed a pass rusher, Quinton Coples was one of the top pass rushing prospects, and I'll pick Rex Ryan's opinion over yours (or anybody else's in the NFL) when it comes to defensive players.

Given that the Jets had their pick of the litter more or less, obviously they think Coples can be more productive as a Jet than Ingram or Jones or anybody else. You want to complain, you want to disagree, fine. But enough with the absurd conspiracy theories about the Jets making stupid decisions because of "hubris." Everyone can agree that they needed to go pass rusher in the first round -- how about giving your delusions of grandeur a rest and leaving the football decisions to the guys who study this stuff day in and day out?[/QUOTE]

well said and so correct! I agree with every word you wrote!

All League
    [QUOTE=sg3;4450417]which team was 31st in defense, ken?[/QUOTE]Predictable SG logic. I was talking about the Jet Defense and your response was to talk about the Pat's D.

What you were SUPPOSED to do (if you disagreed with my position) was to defend the proposition that the Jets STILL had a dominant defense (even though it allowed more points than the Pats D) But since you didn't I can only assume you agree with my position that while still good, the Jets D had regressed

God its like trying to have a discussion with a 3 year old. ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=rextilleon;4448089]This pick is horrible and really indicates how incompetent this regime is. I am convinced that we will go into re-building mode in two years--thats how long I give Bean Counter and the Mouth. Suffer on my friends---Our pain will continue.[/QUOTE]

Can we count on you to start nine more threads just like this one over the next 48 hours? And please put the new draft picks name in the thread title so we know you are not just cut & pasting the same old s#it.

If you're going to hate correctly, I really think you need to put a little more effort into it.

Thanks.

Jets Insider VIP
    seriously welsherken... I suggest you continue any and all of your "discussions" with my designated representative, Mr Rextilleon who you will find agrees with you on just about everything and anything you might post

[QUOTE=Limolady;4450775]Can we count on you to start nine more threads just like this one over the next 48 hours? And please put the new draft picks name in the thread title so we know you are not just cut & pasting the same old s#it.

If you're going to hate correctly, I really think you need to put a little more effort into it.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Can we count on you to know little about football and to be the biggest fangirl forum?

[QUOTE=sg3;4450787]seriously welsherken... I suggest you continue any and all of your "discussions" with my designated representative, Mr Rextilleon who you will find agrees with you on just about everything and anything you might post[/QUOTE]

Finally, fan boy is admitting my greatness! By the way, didn't you say recently that you were going to ignore me. At least part of you still understands that I am your conduit to reality.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;4451548]Finally, fan boy is admitting my greatness! By the way, didn't you say recently that you were going to ignore me. At least part of you still understands that I am your conduit to reality.[/QUOTE]

GFY

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Don't agree with rextilleon on drafting an O-Lineman over a passrusher, we had one of the best pass blocking lines in 2009 and 2010 but when we made it to the championship game we got torched by Manning and punched in the mouth by the Steelers running game. 4 out of our 5 linemen were fine last year and Hunter wasn't a liability in 2010 when Schotty wasn't asking him to block Jason Babin and Andre Carter one on one. He sucks no doubt but the Steelers have won two Super Bowls with pretty mediocre offensive lines this decade, if we get a blocking TE Hunter can be serviceable. What we needed was someone who could get to the QB or someone who could free up lanes for our JAG OLBs and Coples is exactly that.

And Patsfanken is right about our D regressing last year, it may have been ranked #5 overall but watching the Raiders, Ravens, and Pats games showed that our OLBs were getting long in the tooth, Scott couldn't handle coverage responsibilities, and our safeties couldn't cover either.

If Rex gets Coples and Wilkerson to play to their potential our D-Line will be an absolute terror, Demario Davis is freakishly athletic for an OLB and only fell as far as he did because of the small school he played for. If Landry stays healthy and our FO hooks us up with a competent FS this D can be #1 in the league again. :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;4448089]This pick is horrible and really indicates how incompetent this regime is. I am convinced that we will go into re-building mode in two years--thats how long I give Bean Counter and the Mouth. Suffer on my friends---Our pain will continue.[/QUOTE]

Yawn!:zzz:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sg3;4450711]

Coples, along with the rest of his family, had a feeling that the Jets would end up taking him with the pick if he was still on the board at No. 16. It didn't keep him from being nervous, though.

"It's just an unbelievable feeling," he said. "I was a nervous wreck but through it all, God blessed me and put me in the right position."

[/QUOTE]
    He must have been a nervous wreck.

It's not often you see huge pit stains coming though a suit jacket.

I'm still amazed at how dumb the original post of this thread is as well as the thread title. Only on JI.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;4451542]Can we count on you to know little about football and to be the biggest fangirl forum?[/QUOTE]

ENOUGH with that kind of rhetoric! Everyone is welcomed here even you and your usual Doom and Gloom attitude.:zzz:

Jets Insider VIP
    since "the Rear End" has named me "fanboy" do I get to meet "fangirl" when we both visit Florham Park to visit with "the Mouth" and "the Beancounter"

Jets Insider VIP
    There is always a lot of stupidity on this board but there are also worthless posters who bring absolutely nothing to the table.

The OP falls into both categories.