Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lazy, Inconsistent, Disappears For Long Stretches, Can't Shake Blocks

[QUOTE=SAR I;4448246]Love the pick, clearly a Rex Ryan type of guy.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

You're a Leinart guy, and we all know how that worked out!:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    nuff said - [url]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1043377-senior-bowl-2012-quinton-coples-and-future-nfl-stars-who-stole-the-show[/url]

[QUOTE=Big L;4448381]Was that cuz Ingram was gone by then?[/QUOTE]

No. Ingram went 18th overall, two picks after the Jets had taken Coples. Aren't you watching?

All League
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4448441]No. Ingram went 18th overall, two picks after the Jets had taken Coples. Aren't you watching?[/QUOTE]

In Mel kippers mock, not real life. People keep sayin Mel had the jets takin coples. Maybe cuz Mel had Ingram gone by 16.

Capece?

[QUOTE=SAR I;4448246]Love the pick, clearly a Rex Ryan type of guy.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

seriously are you even a fan of the JETS?
    every post, every thread is something negative...

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I just hope that Rex didn't talk Tannenbaum into this pick. I think that's what happened though.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=TheOne;4448544]seriously are you even a fan of the JETS?
    every post, every thread is something negative...[/QUOTE]

Dude, we've just had an amazing, thrilling 15 year run. In year's where we didn't lose our QB to a devastating injury, we're a 9.5 win team on average, either made the playoffs or were in contention in December 12 of the last 15 campaigns. Our golden age.

It's time for a dip back down to the dark ages for awhile. It's not negative, just realistic. It's how the NFL works. We have to pay the piper for the poor drafting and brilliant free agents we've picked up. Eventually you don't have the young core you thought you drafted and the FA's age rapidly. We're in no man's land for a spell. The Patriots stepped back and reloaded with youth. We stepped up and overloaded with FA's. We came really close, twice, and now that phase is over.

Not negative. Just realistic.

SAR I

[QUOTE=TheOne;4448544]seriously are you even a fan of the JETS?
    every post, every thread is something negative...[/QUOTE]

He's just loves attention. In 2006 he was on wanted the Jets to pick Leinart. Nuff said.:yes:

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=JetsFanatic;4448576]He's just loves attention. In 2006 he was on wanted the Jets to pick Leinart. Nuff said.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know what I was saying back then, but gosh darn it if I wasn't right:

2006 - Pennington beats bunch of scrubs, blown out in wildcard playoff game.

2007 - Pennington hurt, again, no playoffs.

2008 - Favre meltdown, no playoffs.

Matt Leinart couldn't have been worse than that.

My theory then, as now, is that it's all about the quarterback. And if you don't have a guy on the roster who can compete for a Lombardi, you draft one and take your chances just like all the other Champions do.

Mark Sanchez was that guy. SAR was right, as usual, always ahead of his time. And I don't crave attention; it just comes to me because I'm one of the few realists here who's not afraid to take the arrows to the knee from you blind homers.

SAR I

[QUOTE=SAR I;4448599]I didn't know what I was saying back then, but gosh darn it if I wasn't right:

My theory then, as now, is that it's all about the quarterback. And if you don't have a guy on the roster who can compete for a Lombardi, you draft one and take your chances just like all the other Champions do.

Mark Sanchez was that guy. SAR was right, as usual, always ahead of his time. And I don't crave attention; it just comes to me because I'm one of the few realists here who's not afraid to take the arrows to the knee from you blind homers.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

You're a clown.:yes:

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4448607]

Accused of playing more not to get hurt than anything else, Coples saw his numbers fall across the board before turning in a dominant Senior Bowl performance. Despite being a mammoth 6-foot-6, 284 pounds, Coples ran a 4.72 40 at the Combine in addition to an eye-popping 1.63 ten-yard split. [SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"][B]If Ryan's motivating powers are successful[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE], Coples could immediately emerge as one of the league's top young pass rushers.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/40oz_laugh_in_tub.gif[/IMG]

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SAR I;4448599]I didn't know what I was saying back then, but gosh darn it if I wasn't right:

SAR I[/QUOTE]

you've already admitted that you know nothing about college football.. so why not lay off starting an attention whoring thread based on a player who you've probably never scene play one down of football in your life.

mmmokay?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic;4448623]You're a clown.:yes:[/QUOTE]
    Assclown.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=JetsFanatic;4448623]You're a clown.:yes:[/QUOTE]

Personal attack.

-

[QUOTE=SAR I;4448564]Dude, we've just had an amazing, thrilling 15 year run. In year's where we didn't lose our QB to a devastating injury, we're a 9.5 win team on average, either made the playoffs or were in contention in December 12 of the last 15 campaigns. Our golden age.

It's time for a dip back down to the dark ages for awhile. It's not negative, just realistic. It's how the NFL works. We have to pay the piper for the poor drafting and brilliant free agents we've picked up. Eventually you don't have the young core you thought you drafted and the FA's age rapidly. We're in no man's land for a spell. The Patriots stepped back and reloaded with youth. We stepped up and overloaded with FA's. We came really close, twice, and now that phase is over.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Any given season, any given Sunday, any team can step up and go all the way. To just settle down, assume a "dark age" has arrived and talk crap about the team all the time, that's not realistic. That's negative.

Either way, there's never any reason, as a fan, to predict disaster in the offseason, in my opinion. Never. We haven't even reached training camp yet. To be anything but hopeful about the season, regardless of how you feel about the coach or the draft picks, is ludicrous. Even if the Jets had gone 1-15 last year and gotten noticeably worse this offseason, I'd still be hopeful and optimistic at this point. I don't have a crystal ball. As fans, we have a choice to view the glass as half full or half empty, and I will never understand why anyone would choose to be negative.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Refuel;4448655]Any given season, any given Sunday, any team can step up and go all the way. To just settle down, assume a "dark age" has arrived and talk crap about the team all the time, that's not realistic. That's negative.

Either way, there's never any reason, as a fan, to predict disaster in the offseason, in my opinion. Never. We haven't even reached training camp yet. To be anything but hopeful about the season, regardless of how you feel about the coach or the draft picks, is ludicrous. Even if the Jets had gone 1-15 last year and gotten noticeably worse this offseason, I'd still be hopeful and optimistic at this point. I don't have a crystal ball. As fans, we have a choice to view the glass as half full or half empty, and I will never understand why anyone would choose to be negative.[/QUOTE]

you're new here. i can tell.

[QUOTE=SAR I;4448292]I know nothing about college football, never saw this guy play a down, but when I see ESPN put up a graphic about his 'downside' and it reads "Vernon Gholston 2012" you just have to chuckle, go buy your Tim Tebow jersey, and drink heavily.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

:P

[QUOTE=SAR I;4448599]My theory then, as now, is that it's all about the quarterback. And if you don't have a guy on the roster who can compete for a Lombardi, you draft one and take your chances just like all the other Champions do.
    SAR I[/QUOTE]

Wait wait...hold the phone. Are you saying that QB is an important position on an NFL football team?

Yes. You were right. Your call that the Jets should have a good QB in order to win games was supremely prophetic. They should have drafted Weeden tonight just in case Sanchez or Tebow don't get it done.

And before you mention the fact that the Jets had a top-5 pick back in '06 and that's why you were high on Leinart, having a top-5 pick doesn't matter if the QBs available at that time aren't worth a pick in the top-20 in that draft class. And if you look back, none of the three taken in the first round that year have won a damn thing.

[QUOTE=SAR I;4448564]Dude, we've just had an amazing, thrilling 15 year run. In year's where we didn't lose our QB to a devastating injury, we're a 9.5 win team on average, either made the playoffs or were in contention in December 12 of the last 15 campaigns. Our golden age.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

:yes: It's true, I've been a Jets fan for 42 years now, it's been a lot of fun since around 1998, and we just don't have the depth of youth that we need, however 10 picks this year, may light some fires, just believe we have too many holes to fix this year...

[QUOTE=shuler82;4448658]you're new here. i can tell.[/QUOTE]

I guess I should leave.

I've spent too many nights being pissed off at the Jets during the season to waste the whole offseason being pissed off, too.

But that's what being a "Jets fan" is over here, I guess. The ones who know everything tell me from their pedestals that I should expect the season to be a disaster. Why should I argue?