Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lazy, Inconsistent, Disappears For Long Stretches, Can't Shake Blocks

Practice Squad
    they didn't have a need for a DE

they needed an OLB (or RT Reiff or WR Wright)

how do you pass on a high motor guy and take a low motor guy

This guy has MORE RED FLAGS then Gholston did.

Didn't they learn anything from Gholston????

[QUOTE=Refuel;4448655]Any given season, any given Sunday, any team can step up and go all the way. To just settle down, assume a "dark age" has arrived and talk crap about the team all the time, that's not realistic. That's negative.

As fans, we have a choice to view the glass as half full or half empty, and I will never understand why anyone would choose to be negative.[/QUOTE]

I've been studying this team intently since 1978.

Just trust me on this one.

SAR I

[QUOTE=GreenWave;4448693]Wait wait...hold the phone. Are you saying that QB is an important position on an NFL football team?

Yes. You were right. Your call that the Jets should have a good QB in order to win games was supremely prophetic. They should have drafted Weeden tonight just in case Sanchez or Tebow don't get it done.

And before you mention the fact that the Jets had a top-5 pick back in '06 and that's why you were high on Leinart, having a top-5 pick doesn't matter if the QBs available at that time aren't worth a pick in the top-20 in that draft class. And if you look back, none of the three taken in the first round that year have won a damn thing.[/QUOTE]

The Jets recent success all ties back to the bold decision to trade up and get Mark Sanchez.

I only wish our wimpy front office would have done that back when we saw that Pennington wasn't going to get it done circa 2006.

SAR I

[QUOTE=One Eye;4448392]nuff said - [url]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1043377-senior-bowl-2012-quinton-coples-and-future-nfl-stars-who-stole-the-show[/url][/QUOTE]
    Quinton Coples did plenty during the practices, in front of NFL scouts, to make up for the lack of good film on him and carried that good work into the game. The North Carolina product spent the entire afternoon dominating whomever the North threw at him, be they tackles or guards, and spent plenty of time in the opposing backfield.

Coples wound up with two tackles for a loss, including a five-yard sack, while reaffirming the fact that he is much more than just a big body who likes to chase quarterbacks.

[QUOTE=SCITSCAT;4448695]It's true, I've been a Jets fan for 42 years now, it's been a lot of fun since around 1998, and we just don't have the depth of youth that we need, however 10 picks this year, may light some fires, just believe we have too many holes to fix this year...[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/record.jpg[/IMG]

We had our run, came close twice, couldn't get over the hump. It's sad that it's over now, but if we look back we'll see that when our QB was healthy we averaged 9.5 wins and had some very exciting seasons and playoff runs. 12 of 15 years, amongst the NFL's playoff elite, a better performance than 13 other AFC teams in that span.

Someday, we'll be back again. For now, we await our 1-4 start, the Tim Tebow Show, and the Ryan Firing. Not a lot of good football ahead of us, but lots of entertainment value.

Here's to 2015. I feel good about our future head coaches third year. They peak then, dontcha know.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4448737]The Jets recent success all ties back to the bold decision to trade up and get Mark Sanchez.

I only wish our wimpy front office would have done that back when we saw that Pennington wasn't going to get it done circa 2006.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Should have made that bold move up to get Leinart.

:eek:

:D

_

[QUOTE=copernicus;4448315]What the hell happened to this organization?........[/QUOTE]

Rex is what happened. Tanny can't judge talent for sh!t and Rex is just as bad. The Jets will be lucky to win 6-7 games. The patriots moved up when the Jets wiffed on their pick. Just cancelled my nfl ticket. Not worth it. No chance.

[QUOTE=Refuel;4448699]I guess I should leave.

I've spent too many nights being pissed off at the Jets during the season to waste the whole offseason being pissed off, too.

But that's what being a "Jets fan" is over here, I guess. The ones who know everything tell me from their pedestals that I should expect the season to be a disaster. Why should I argue?[/QUOTE]

Relax. This is a two way dialog. Your opinions are welcomed here.

Understand that we're all big Jets fans here, we all love the team, dedicated to them more than our wives in many ways. I'm a season ticket holder since 2001, PSL owner now, like all my other game-attending brothers, we're into the team over $50,000 per decade for 4 seats. Trust me, I don't want to be pissed off. It costs me too much.

Despite our Jets fandom, we're all smart people and we can all see what is plain to the naked eye. Rex Ryan lost this team last season, they don't respect him, and they're as embarrassed by him as the average fan is. Combine that with a GM that did a magnificent job in managing the cap and free agency whose Achilles heel is drafting and the piper must be paid for a few years.

We'll be back, we'll be okay, but not this season.

SAR I

[QUOTE=JStokes;4448759]Exactly.

Should have made that bold move up to get Leinart.
    _[/QUOTE]

Looking back, yes, we should have. Simply because we would have been no worse off, might have actually made the playoffs all three years. In the gap between the 2006 Draft and the 2009 Draft, the Jets had lousy quarterback play and no playoff wins. We didn't have a quarterback at all in 2007 and Favre was a run-down illusion in 2008. Leinart sucked, for sure, but hell, he was better than the bums that we put out there in retrospect.

SAR I

[QUOTE=SAR I;4448778]Relax. This is a two way dialog. Your opinions are welcomed here.

Understand that we're all big Jets fans here, we all love the team, dedicated to them more than our wives in many ways. I'm a season ticket holder since 2001, PSL owner now, like all my other game-attending brothers, we're into the team over $50,000 per decade for 4 seats. Trust me, I don't want to be pissed off. It costs me too much.

Despite our Jets fandom, we're all smart people and we can all see what is plain to the naked eye. Rex Ryan lost this team last season, they don't respect him, and they're as embarrassed by him as the average fan is. Combine that with a GM that did a magnificent job in managing the cap and free agency whose Achilles heel is drafting and the piper must be paid for a few years.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

FML

[QUOTE=SAR I;4448726]I've been studying this team intently since 1978.

Just trust me on this one.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

This is like a crossing guard stopping me at an intersection and saying, "Trust me, you'll get hit by a truck." Don't be scared to be optimistic.

I think you've studied too much. It's football, not calculus.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4448799]Looking back, yes, we should have. Simply because we would have been no worse off, might have actually made the playoffs all three years. In the gap between the 2006 Draft and the 2009 Draft, the Jets had lousy quarterback play and no playoff wins. We didn't have a quarterback at all in 2007 and Favre was a run-down illusion in 2008. Leinart sucked, for sure, but hell, he was better than the bums that we put out there in retrospect.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

It is now officially time that you post your photo of the Chad bobble-head, Captain Morgan's and Diet Coke and declare you're dGrunk.

You're better than this, let it go. Leinart was NEVER the pick.

_

[QUOTE=SAR I;4448778]Relax. This is a two way dialog. Your opinions are welcomed here.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I don't doubt your fandom. We're all here for the Jets, and that's great. I absolutely respect your opinion, even though on a lot of stuff I disagree. What bothers me is the unwavering proclamation that this regime is lost and this season will be a disaster. It's not even a prediction in your eyes; it seems you believe this to be a fact, as if you're already looking back on this season from 2013.

But like you said, you have tickets. You're going to the games, and if not, you'll be watching them on TV and listening on the radio. And doing what? Sitting there waiting for the train wreck to occur? Why? I don't get that. Hate the draft pick (I don't). Hate Tanny and Rex Ryan (again, I don't, but it's okay to disagree). But are you honestly going to show up at games and not even bother rooting for them -- or rooting with the "knowledge" that it won't do any good anyway?

I'd rather hear from you that you want the Jets to win and hope they'll have a great season, but based on their moves you find it unlikely. If that IS what you're saying, great, but it seems like you're pretending that you've already seen a dismal future and that there's zero chance for success. Obviously, I disagree.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4448246]Lazy, Inconsistent, Disappears For Long Stretches, Can't Shake Blocks

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Why are you profiling yourself?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Paradis;4448884]Why are you profiling yourself?[/QUOTE]

The same old tired act is pure laziness.

Add boring to the list. :yes:

[QUOTE=JStokes;4448821]It is now officially time that you post your photo of the Chad bobble-head, Captain Morgan's and Diet Coke and declare you're dGrunk.

You're better than this, let it go. Leinart was NEVER the pick.

_[/QUOTE]

My 2006 thesis was a simple one, we needed to dump Pennington and try again with a bonafide first round QB prospect.

It ultimately took 3 long years later to do just that, and look what happened.

SAR I

[QUOTE=Refuel;4448865]I don't doubt your fandom. We're all here for the Jets, and that's great. I absolutely respect your opinion, even though on a lot of stuff I disagree. What bothers me is the unwavering proclamation that this regime is lost and this season will be a disaster. It's not even a prediction in your eyes; it seems you believe this to be a fact, as if you're already looking back on this season from 2013.

But like you said, you have tickets. You're going to the games, and if not, you'll be watching them on TV and listening on the radio. And doing what? Sitting there waiting for the train wreck to occur? Why? I don't get that. Hate the draft pick (I don't). Hate Tanny and Rex Ryan (again, I don't, but it's okay to disagree). But are you honestly going to show up at games and not even bother rooting for them -- or rooting with the "knowledge" that it won't do any good anyway?

I'd rather hear from you that you want the Jets to win and hope they'll have a great season, but based on their moves you find it unlikely. If that IS what you're saying, great, but it seems like you're pretending that you've already seen a dismal future and that there's zero chance for success. Obviously, I disagree.[/QUOTE]

This is a discussion forum. I don't slam you for your opinion, why do you slam me for mine?

I appreciate what you'd "like" me to post, but this isn't a fanclub and I don't have to pretend that I feel optimistic about the Jets when I absolutely do not feel that way. If you don't wish to discuss that, don't. If you don't want to read my posts, don't.

But you will.

SAR I

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;4448895]The same old tired act is pure laziness.

[/QUOTE]

Go paint your face. Or, better yet, turn on SNY and watch Ray Lucas have a cow over this stupid draft pick and the 'same old tired act' that the Rex Ryan New York Jets have become.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4448922]My 2006 thesis was a simple one, we needed to dump Pennington and try again [B]with a bonafide first round QB prospect.[/B]

It ultimately took 3 long years later to do just that, and look what happened.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Pfail.

You were wrong.

Football is not played in the ether.

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;4448950]Pfail.

You were wrong.

Football is not played in the ether.

_[/QUOTE]

My grandmother could have lined up under center from 2006-2008 and achieved the same level of Jets success and she's been dead since 2005.

Ray Lucas likes your New England Patriots Hightower guy, slamming the Jets right now.

SAR I