Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor: Jets trying to trade up in 2nd round for Stephen Hill

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Rumor: Jets trying to trade up in 2nd round for Stephen Hill

Long time member here, and not one to usually start these type of threads.. but ...

I have some inside information that the Jets are "aggressively" trying to trade up in round 2 to grab Stephen Hill.

This same source correctly told me that the Jets were drafting Coples if he was there at #16 for them last night.

Without giving up your source, please ask them what they plan to do about RT.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=John_0515;4449772]Without giving up your source, please ask them what they plan to do about RT.[/QUOTE]

lol.. good question.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... question on these type of rumors ...

... unless it's for indy's pick ... why would they say who they want? ... just makes another team who wants him know to go up above them ...

l_j_r

[QUOTE=shuler82;4449778]lol.. good question.[/QUOTE]

For real, because Sanchez can't run for his life all season again with Mario Williams lining up against Wayne Hunter....or Vlad Ducasse.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;4449779]... question on these type of rumors ...

... unless it's for indy's pick ... why would they say who they want? ... just makes another team who wants him know to go up above them ...

l_j_r[/QUOTE]

Smokescreen

All League
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4449782]For real, because Sanchez can't run for his life all season again with Mario Williams lining up against Wayne Hunter....or Vlad Ducasse.[/QUOTE]

+1000

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

God, I hope so, we need to get some more talent on that 27th ranked offense. It's the exact same personnel except for Chaz Schillens

I hope not! There are 1st round talents available. Hill isnt one of them

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4449772]Without giving up your source, please ask them what they plan to do about RT.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=shuler82;4449778]lol.. good question.[/QUOTE]

Thank You.

Not for nothing but that would be two very risky picks with the first two picks. AND I LOVE HILL. But still, come on we need OL. Going into camp with Hunter and Ducasse as your RT and first backup is gross negligence.

Makes me think they are trying to make a splash and don't care if they fail b.c it will be the next regime's problem. I don't mind a gamble, but the Jets desperately need some guys they can plug in without worrying about them.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 04-27-2012 at 11:52 AM.

Weren't we moving up to get Trent Richardson also?

I kind of like Hill. I like those option offense WRs. A) They all can block and B) You know they aren't selfish players b/c if they were they wouldn't sign on to play for a team that runs the option. Plus, he's got the measurables, speed and play-making ability you are looking for.

That being said, not sure if he is the best route runner or just a burner. And if you think you are getting Megatron 2.0, you are not.

I don't want to trade up to draft a WR in the second round who might not catch the 28 passes he did a season ago at GT.

We need to keep our third round pick, I believe. Good, impactful players will be available then and we will to get one in the third round.

I don't think so... I think Cleveland may take him... Sit tight, somebody we could use is going to fall...

Let's just fail with our own picks, let's not trade up to fail.

I love stupid comments. :rolleyes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4449791]I hope not! There are 1st round talents available. Hill isnt one of them[/QUOTE]

What??? Everybody had this guy in the 1st in every single Mock.

[QUOTE=Scoop24;4449819]What??? Everybody had this guy in the 1st in every single Mock.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, he may have issues (like route running), but he is a top half of first round talent. If he played at Baylor in a wide open passing offense he would probably be long gone by now. But he is a project and I am not really interested in trading up to get a project WR for a QB that needs someone that can step in and play right away (Jeffrey and Sanu). And there is no need to trade up to get one of those .

just don't give up that 3rd rounder.

[QUOTE=Scoop24;4449819]What??? Everybody had this guy in the 1st in every single Mock.[/QUOTE]

If you pay heed to Mock drafts, I got a really awesome car you may be interested in:

It's a brand new Chevy Vega. It's going to redefine the American Automobile.

All League
    I'd rather have Jeffries than Hill