Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor: Jets trying to trade up in 2nd round for Stephen Hill

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought we desperately need a pass rusher?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right tackle or GTFO.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=51JetsFanInPA;4449847]I thought we desperately need a pass rusher?[/QUOTE]

Did you watch the first round?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=51JetsFanInPA;4449847]I thought we desperately need a pass rusher?[/QUOTE]

Is this a joke? If the guy plays like he can, we drafted the next Jevon Kearse.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4449857]Is this a joke? If the guy plays like he can, we drafted the next Jevon Kearse.[/QUOTE]

Aim higher:

We drafted diet Julius Peppers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PMarsico9;4449860]Aim higher:

We drafted diet Julius Peppers.[/QUOTE]

....;)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shuler82;4449769]Long time member here, and not one to usually start these type of threads.. but ...

I have some inside information that the Jets are "aggressively" trying to trade up in round 2 to grab Stephen Hill.

This same source correctly told me that the Jets were drafting Coples if he was there at #16 for them last night.[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt mind this if....

We sit tight and take either an OLB or RT with our current pick and then package something like our 3rd and a 6th to come back into the second round to take a WR like Hill or Jeffery.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PMarsico9;4449852]Did you watch the first round?[/QUOTE]

Rex says he is going to be a DE, hand in the ground, DE ala wilkerson. Not an olb. Most 3-4's generate pass rush from OLB's. The guys question was legit because although coples is looked at as a pass rusher if he plays DE in the 3-4 he has to be a lot more disciplined and won't be given as much out right freedom to get after the QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

FACEPALM

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4449782]For real, because Sanchez can't run for his life all season again with Mario Williams lining up against Wayne Hunter....or Vlad Ducasse.[/QUOTE]

Sanchez and Tebow will split the running for their life plays so it will not be that bad.:D

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4449791]I hope not! There are 1st round talents available. Hill isnt one of them[/QUOTE]

[URL]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/draft-2012/tracker/best_available/index.html[/URL]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4449795]Thank You.

Not for nothing but that would be two very risky picks with the first two picks. AND I LOVE HILL. But still, come on we need OL. Going into camp with Hunter and Ducasse as your RT and first backup is gross negligence.

[/QUOTE]

This + alot:yes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hill and Kendall Wright are the 2 most overrated WR prospects in the draft.

Hill is huge and fast, but was the only deep threat by design in that GT offense. Nobody has any idea of how he'll fare when he's asked to run precise routes against defenses that aren't pre-occupied with the option. There are better picks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Scoop24;4449819]What??? Everybody had this guy in the 1st in every single Mock.[/QUOTE]

The guy can't run routes. He also dropped a bunch of passes this year. He is an athletic freak project can't run routes and can't catch. Other then that he is awesome. We can't afford to take a WR on a 3 year project. Remember Dukasse? Cordy Glen is available and is a beast on the O-line.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    look, I would love to roll the dice on Hill, but I'm not giving up my 3rd rounder to do so. If he survives to 47, then fine (he won't), but he is NOT worth the risk of both our 2nd and 3rd round picks. No f-ing way. I will be pissed beyond imagination if they do this.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PMarsico9;4449843]If you pay heed to Mock drafts, I got a really awesome car you may be interested in:

It's a brand new Chevy Vega. It's going to redefine the American Automobile.[/QUOTE]

Is that a Chevy that takes you to Vegas on 1/3 less gas?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4449882]Rex says he is going to be a DE, hand in the ground, DE ala wilkerson. Not an olb. Most 3-4's generate pass rush from OLB's. The guys question was legit because although coples is looked at as a pass rusher if he plays DE in the 3-4 he has to be a lot more disciplined and won't be given as much out right freedom to get after the QB.[/QUOTE]

Last I checked while the base package is a 3-4, there's a lot of time where you don't know what the hell is going on with what Rex is throwing at you or the formation at the snap.

Suddenly the DT's are flying in from the secondary and stuff......I love watching Rex's defense. It's the most entertaining thing about the Jets.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NPTJET53;4449960]Is that a Chevy that takes you to Vegas on 1/3 less gas?[/QUOTE]

LOL.

Yeah, hopefully you don't mind being covered in 3rd degree burns due to the car exploding as soon as you took it off the lot.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You go with the best player available bottom line.

Every one claimed Maclin and Desean Jackson couldn't run routes when the came ether.. And would need time how did that work out for the eagles?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kotch;4449917]Hill and Kendall Wright are the 2 most overrated WR prospects in the draft.

Hill is huge and fast, but was the only deep threat by design in that GT offense. Nobody has any idea of how he'll fare when he's asked to run precise routes against defenses that aren't pre-occupied with the option. There are better picks.[/QUOTE]

Some would argue that he's perfect for this team.
    Put him in the wildcat packages and let him run around like at GT until he can develop into a complete player.