Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rumor: Jets trying to trade up in 2nd round for Stephen Hill

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4449772]Without giving up your source, please ask them what they plan to do about RT.[/QUOTE]

Nothing. All you have to look at what they done this off season . My guess is they figure when they were predominately a run first team, Wayne Hunter was solid as a starting RT. Only when they tried to be more a passing offense did the Oline really struggle.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;4450233]Nothing. All you have to look at what they done this off season . My guess is they figure when they were predominately a run first team, Wayne Hunter was solid as a starting RT. Only when they tried to be more a passing offense did the Oline really struggle.[/QUOTE]

Raids, I pray Hunter took the Anthony Munoz pass blocking seminar this off season.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PMarsico9;4449969]LOL.

Yeah, hopefully you don't mind being covered in 3rd degree burns due to the car exploding as soon as you took it off the lot.[/QUOTE]

We're Jets fans, self inflicted pain is our strongpoint.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=51JetsFanInPA;4449847]I thought we desperately need a pass rusher?[/QUOTE]

Lol @ people thinking coples solves our pass rush problems. :steamin:

Love or hate the pick we still have NO OLB signed to contracts next year. Pace will be gone and old, Thomas old and fa, Maybin a FA.

This is a big problem for the jets....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KR;4450341]Lol @ people thinking coples solves our pass rush problems. :steamin:

Love or hate the pick we still have NO OLB signed to contracts next year. Pace will be gone and old, Thomas old and fa, Maybin a FA.

This is a big problem for the jets....[/QUOTE]

lol, so you are already thinking about 2013? The giants had zero production from their LBs last year (either ineffective or hurt) and with a great defensive line, they did OK last year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PMarsico9;4449860]Aim higher:

We drafted diet Julius Peppers.[/QUOTE]

I truly loled on this one. Funny as hell!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=revischrist;4450346]lol, so you are already thinking about 2013? The giants had zero production from their LBs last year (either ineffective or hurt) and with a great defensive line, they did OK last year.[/QUOTE]

Its unfair to compare their 4-3 to our 3-4 but people who think a 3-4 DE cant help the pass rush are insane.

Any push or pressure the Jets can get helps no matter where it comes from.

Also considering Ryan picked Maybin off the scrap heap and got half a dozen sacks shows he can deal with the OLB situation as is. I trust Ryans judgement on D.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jayrad01;4450361]I truly loled on this one. Funny as hell!![/QUOTE]

They loled at Mario Williams his first year too....:)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KR;4450341]Lol @ people thinking coples solves our pass rush problems. :steamin:...[/QUOTE]

hows not understanding football going for you?

What you're saying is the equivalent to us drafting the best Olineman in the draft and saying "this will not effect our running game at all".

Great dline = boost in production from OLBs

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Scoop24;4449819]What??? Everybody had this guy in the 1st in every single Mock.[/QUOTE]

Since he didn't go in the first seems all those mocks were wrong :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=revischrist;4450346]lol, so you are already thinking about 2013? The giants had zero production from their LBs last year (either ineffective or hurt) and with a great defensive line, they did OK last year.[/QUOTE]

The giants have the best dine in football and play 4-3 mostly.... don't think of putting us in the same sentence as them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;4450380]hows not understanding football going for you?

What you're saying is the equivalent to us drafting the best Olineman in the draft and saying "this will not effect our running game at all".

Great dline = boost in production from OLBs[/QUOTE]

Nice grammar and thought process. Put words in my mouth that I did not say, and then quote them lol. Great....

So let's play along with your wonderful logic....We drafted 2 dlinemen last year and what happened ? We went from top 5 defense in the league to average at best. We still had to blitz like crazy to get a pass rush and AGAIN our biggest need in the offseason was a pass rushing OLB- hence why the jets worked so many of them out.

So no, you have no idea what your talking about.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4449882]Rex says he is going to be a DE, hand in the ground, DE ala wilkerson. Not an olb. Most 3-4's generate pass rush from OLB's. The guys question was legit because although coples is looked at as a pass rusher if he plays DE in the 3-4 he has to be a lot more disciplined and won't be given as much out right freedom to get after the QB.[/QUOTE]

I think we are going to be playing a LOT of big nickel and 4 man fronts in the coming year. Maybe even incorporating some "Wide 9" concepts with Maybin. Our personnel is starting to look more 4-3 ish than 3-4 and I am not sure Rex is tethered to maintaining a 3-4 as our base defense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tony Danza;4450372]Its unfair to compare their 4-3 to our 3-4 but people who think a 3-4 DE cant help the pass rush are insane.

Any push or pressure the Jets can get helps no matter where it comes from.

Also considering Ryan picked Maybin off the scrap heap and got half a dozen sacks shows he can deal with the OLB situation as is.[B] I trust Ryans judgement on D[/B].[/QUOTE]

even after he initially allowed Maybin to be cut?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;4450233]Nothing. All you have to look at what they done this off season . My guess is they figure when they were predominately a run first team, Wayne Hunter was solid as a starting RT. Only when they tried to be more a passing offense did the Oline really struggle.[/QUOTE]

That is true. If we abandon throwing the ball altogether we are set at RT besides the fact our starting rt is only avg in the run game. Unfortunelty to get past Balt, pitt, or NE we will have to throw the ball as well.

Ne sacked the hell out of us last time we played and their pass rush improved. Baltimore almost ended Sanchez career and made him tap, and Pittsburgh lives in the backfield. So yea, I would say we kinda need a upgrade at oline or the season is over before it even starts.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=johnnysd;4450431]I think we are going to be playing a LOT of big nickel and 4 man fronts in the coming year. Maybe even incorporating some "Wide 9" concepts with Maybin. Our personnel is starting to look more 4-3 ish than 3-4 and I am not sure Rex is tethered to maintaining a 3-4 as our base defense.[/QUOTE]

the more pressure they can get using linemen the better the defense becomes. rex is nothing if not flexible. he'll adapt the defense to the talent he has.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KR;4450341]Lol @ people thinking coples solves our pass rush problems. :steamin:

This is a big problem for the jets....[/QUOTE]

Pace isn't old, he's 31, still in his prime.

Jets do have young players in Maybin and Sapp that have a lot of upside, especially Maybin, if he puts on weight.

I'd agree that the Jets need to address OLB in this draft, but I think the team has to evaluate that need based on what they have on the roster right now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KR;4450428]Nice grammar and thought process. Put words in my mouth that I did not say, and then quote them lol. Great....

So let's play along with your wonderful logic....We drafted 2 dlinemen last year and what happened ? [B]We went from top 5 defense in the league to average at best.[/B] We still had to blitz like crazy to get a pass rush and AGAIN our biggest need in the offseason was a pass rushing OLB- hence why the jets worked so many of them out.

So no, you have no idea what your talking about.[/QUOTE]

We were a top 6-7 defense last year. When did that become average?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4450457]Pace isn't old, he's 31, still in his prime.

Jets do have young players in Maybin and Sapp that have a lot of upside, especially Maybin, if he puts on weight.

I'd agree that the Jets need to address OLB in this draft, but I think the team has to evaluate that need based on what they have on the roster right now.[/QUOTE]

Pace has lagged year on year since we got him. I like him, and Coples should help his production, but we do not have our terrell suggs bottom line. I know not many teams in the league do, but it seems like that's a cornerstone of Rex's D. I like the Coples pick though.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ugh, the offensive line needs to be the top priority. Receiver can wait till round 3 (hopefully Nick Toon).