Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers(1) vs. Washington Capitals(7): Eastern Conference Semi-Finals

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedy fried Toon View Post
    Dont get discouraged BRJ. The Rangers played very well the other night and the turnovers and penalties killed them. Overall, i thought they outplayed the Caps.

I expect the Rangers to have a very solid performance and come away with a win tonight in a close contest. The Rangers have been a much better road team throughout the course of the season and always rebound well off a loss.

That being said, Gabby played very well last game but he needs to score some goals if the Rangers are going to win this series. I have been a very vocal critic of his and its damn well time he proves me wrong.
    No I meant actually sick haha. Had to take the day off. Feel like garbage. I think we split these 2 regardless.

Jets Insider VIP
    GAME 3 TONIGHT

Time to get home ice adv back

GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    GAME 3 TONIGHT

Time to get home ice adv back

GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!

Im all in!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Gaborik FINALLY comes through!!!

All Pro
    What a game. Brutal to sit through...especially with a fever

Jets Insider VIP
    ONE GREAT HOCKEY MATCH....12:14 AM

RANGERS WIN!!"

Great job by the JI NIGHT CREW who saw this one through to the end

Thank God Gaborik didn't try as hard as the rest of the team the first 5 periods allowing him to skate around like a mad man in the 3rd OT. We'll take it.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Thank God Gaborik didn't try as hard as the rest of the team the first 5 periods allowing him to skate around like a mad man in the 3rd OT. We'll take it.
    He works in short bursts. Hes not a guy like Callahan (animal) who is a high energy guy. He became a high energy guy when he saw Carlson started skating like a pee wee player.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    He works in short bursts. Hes not a guy like Callahan (animal) who is a high energy guy. He became a high energy guy when he saw Carlson started skating like a pee wee player.
    Fair point. It was just tough to watch everyone bleeding and dying out there and see him lolligagging (at least in my opinion.) That said he was at a different speed than everyone minus maybe Kreider in OT3.

Unheralded MVP goes to Girardi. Was he everywhere or was it just me?

Fair point. It was just tough to watch everyone bleeding and dying out there and see him lolligagging (at least in my opinion.) That said he was at a different speed than everyone minus maybe Kreider in OT3.

Cally and Girardi willed this team to the win. Henrik was amazing, and Ovi let us steal this one...

All Pro

Its his game. Its really frustrating but if certain series end up happening (LA, PHX, NJ) hes going to contribute a lot. That 3rd OT was him pretty much sensing blood in the water.

The whole D corp played an amazing game. Its insane how much they played..what I found funny was how Stu Bickel is this super fresh D man but hes mistake prone position wise so Torts decides he'd rather have 20 percent Staal or Girardi on the ice.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Cally and Girardi willed this team to the win. Henrik was amazing, and Ovi let us steal this one...
    No doubt. Lundqvist faced like 5 three on one advantages or point blank one two shots in regular time! Ridiculous. In OT though our guys looked like they wanted it more. Taking pucks to the face.. still hitting. Amazing.

Its his game. Its really frustrating but if certain series end up happening (LA, PHX, NJ) hes going to contribute a lot. That 3rd OT was him pretty much sensing blood in the water.

The whole D corp played an amazing game. Its insane how much they played..what I found funny was how Stu Bickel is this super fresh D man but hes mistake prone position wise so Torts decides he'd rather have 20 percent Staal or Girardi on the ice.
    Yeah he was in the dog house. One mistake in those long fatigued overtimes leads quickly to a goal and the fact he didn't trust him fresh is definitely telling.

Jets Insider VIP
    What a game. Brutal to sit through...especially with a fever
    I cant stay up that late anymore.....

GREAT road win.

Jets Insider VIP
    Gave credit to the JI Night Crew for manning their post through nearly 5 hours and nearly a doubleheader of hockey last night

BUT GENTLEMEN

We have been TOPPED...

by ultimate Ranger fan Norman "Boomer" Esaison who WATCHED THE GAME LAST NIGHT IN PERSON in our Nations Capital, got back to NYC at 3:30 AM and showed up on time to do Boomer and Carton on WFAN and MSGN at 6 AM!!

great job, BOOM

Jets Insider VIP

Wow what a game. I was too tired to get on the computer last night.

There's something special about this team because these are the kinds of games the Rangers would lose in the past (except for 1994). And against one of their biggest nemisists, the Capitals!

Gabby was floating all night. But Hagelin makes up for him. I love that kid. He is such a difference maker on that line. Very underappreciated I believe. Even Doc Emrick rarely identifies him correctly. Usually calls him Anisimov. Last night, he even referred to him as Boyle once. Really?

As for Bickel, I feel bad for the kid. He's not that bad. He makes an occasional blunder but has anyone noticed how many blunders Staal has made since he's been back? He's gotten better but he makes a lot of mistakes. Mistakes he never used to make. He was responsible for the Caps goal last night yet Bickel is iced for the rest of the game. It was a lazy play by Staal. Inexcuseable. Except that Torts plays favorites with him because he can make great plays as well.

If the Rangers would have lost that game, you can bet that Torts would have received a lot of criticism for benching Bickel. Del Zotto had absolutely NO gas in the tank last night. He was running on fumes most of the game. They needed Bickel to play. I'm very happy but they were very fortunate to get away with the 5 Dmen (4 for almost half a period when Girardi went down).

All League
    Exhausting, frustrating but with a positive result.
    These 2 goaltenders are so on their games, and the shot blocking is just ridonkulous, there seems to be so little oppty to score!
    Gabby: UGH! Couldn't hit the ocean falling out of a boat. Finally finished.
    Still, he needs to be a sniper and stop being moody euro trash.

Can't believe we still may have 2 1/2 series of this. My heart.....

All League
    I thought it was over on that Ovechkin shot in the first OT. Great win
    Hopefully Gaborik gets hot now

All Pro
    Something that annoys me is it seems the Caps are putting shots on Henriks pads constantly while the Rangers are shooting wide of the net or 3 feet above the net.

Holtby lets up a lot of rebounds, even big rebounds. I saw it in the Bruins series. His downfall is going to be that and the fact that he will come far out of the crease a lot. The Rangers need to put more on net.

All League
    Something that annoys me is it seems the Caps are putting shots on Henriks pads constantly while the Rangers are shooting wide of the net or 3 feet above the net.
    Holtby lets up a lot of rebounds, even big rebounds. I saw it in the Bruins series. His downfall is going to be that and the fact that he will come far out of the crease a lot. The Rangers need to put more on net.
    That, times a friggin' fillion!! Making me nuts!

HIT THE NET!!! YOU HAVE BEEN DOING THIS SINCE YOU COULD LACE 'EM UP!!!