Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers(1) vs. Washington Capitals(7): Eastern Conference Semi-Finals

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I don't agree.

The last game, the Rangers outshot Washington 2 to 1. They outhit Washington. Faceoffs were about even. The only area where Washington excelled was blocked shots. But that's because the Rangers threw everything on net and Washington had only 18 shots.

Lundqvist has let in some softies. 3 in the last 2 games. And they were "catchable" shots that he misplayed with his glove.

That's why I say Lundqvist needs to be Lundqvist. He does that, we win.
    STATS???? 90 percent of our shots hit the goalkeeper in the chest. He could be dead and the puck won't go in. Tonight...we haven't had one good shot...maybe one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rangers power play has been really bad this postseason and Hank has been shaky. Hopefully they right themselves back at MSG

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Rangers power play has been really bad this postseason and Hank has been shaky. Hopefully they right themselves back at MSG
    Barry Melrose said an interesting stat tonight: even with the atrocious power play 4 of the Ranger's last 5 goals in the series have been on it....they can't even score on 5 on 5 on top of the horrible power play

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    They definitely were outplayed tonight

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, 2 days to rest, last effin' chance at the Garden

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexamillion5592 View Post
    Barry Melrose said an interesting stat tonight: even with the atrocious power play 4 of the Ranger's last 5 goals in the series have been on it....they can't even score on 5 on 5 on top of the horrible power play
    And 2 of those 5 goals wer within 100 seconds of each other at the end of game 5. I hate that although theyre outshooting the Caps theyre not taking good shots. How many times are they going to miss the goal?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Rangers once again refused to go to the front of the net last night. No traffic in front of Holtby and no second chances. Early in the game Holtby looked very shaky controlling rebounds and was able to get away with it because there was zero net presence. The one goal they did score was the result of going to the front of the net creating traffic and getting a lucky bounce. We are not talking about splitting atoms here.

The Rangers cant score and Torts has Kreider playing with Rupp. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Let the kid play with some talented forwards and maybe he can get us one at even strength.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I'm going to Game 7. Place should be crazy.

That said, I don't have a good feeling. It seems like we've needed miraculous wins in games 3 and 5 and we just haven't been playing great hockey. Team seemed so flat last night.

We just can't score and when Lundqvist isn't on his game we're extremely beatable. Torts needs to forgive Kreider and put him on a better line. The rookies give us so much more energy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedy fried Toon View Post
    The Rangers once again refused to go to the front of the net last night. No traffic in front of Holtby and no second chances. Early in the game Holtby looked very shaky controlling rebounds and was able to get away with it because there was zero net presence. The one goal they did score was the result of going to the front of the net creating traffic and getting a lucky bounce. We are not talking about splitting atoms here.

The Rangers cant score and Torts has Kreider playing with Rupp. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Let the kid play with some talented forwards and maybe he can get us one at even strength.
    And 2 of those 5 goals wer within 100 seconds of each other at the end of game 5. I hate that although theyre outshooting the Caps theyre not taking good shots. How many times are they going to miss the goal?

Frustrating to say the least...........

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

This.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    1ST 10 minutes is why I doubt they win the whole thing. They have a chance to ice this team and they come out flat. Wheres the killer instinct? McD takes a stupid penalty. Ovechkin blasts a goal and they respond with tons of meh passes and cupcake shots.
    I think it was Stralman who was in the box. And I was incensed that it was called. He dove and hit Chmera's stick first. By rule, that should not have been a penalty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Well, I'm going to Game 7. Place should be crazy.

That said, I don't have a good feeling. It seems like we've needed miraculous wins in games 3 and 5 and we just haven't been playing great hockey. Team seemed so flat last night.

We just can't score and when Lundqvist isn't on his game we're extremely beatable. Torts needs to forgive Kreider and put him on a better line. The rookies give us so much more energy.
    Totally agree with the Kreider comments. Wasting his talent.

I haven't seen Torts bench or demote Gabby after all of his giveaways. Del Zotto has been very inconsistent.

Has anyone noticed how ineffective Cally has been the last few games? Maybe getting Kreider back on his line would be the best decision to get some more offense going.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its so frustrating even the secondary scoring lines dont go to the front of the net. Its almost like they think they are to good to go to those difficult areas on the ice. That PP on the double minor was abonimal. Even my GF pointed out that no one was in front of the net.

The Rangers will be playing golf on Sunday unless they get in front of Holtby. IMHO, I dont think he is the goaltender everyone is making him out to be. The Rangers are making it easy on him.

I expect the Rangers will show the necessary desperation in this game that wasnt shown last night. It will no doubt be a dog fight but they cant expect to win these games 1 0 and I feel as though this is how they are playing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its so frustrating even the secondary scoring lines dont go to the front of the net. Its almost like they think they are to good to go to those difficult areas on the ice. That PP on the double minor was abonimal. Even my GF pointed out that no one was in front of the net.

The Rangers will be playing golf on Sunday unless they get in front of Holtby. IMHO, I dont think he is the goaltender everyone is making him out to be. The Rangers are making it easy on him.

I expect the Rangers will show the necessary desperation in this game that wasnt shown last night. It will no doubt be a dog fight but they cant expect to win these games 1 0 and I feel as though this is how they are playing.
    I chatted with a Philly guy in the gym and told him this morning..

"Whats Orange, Black, Red, white and Blue and plays golf in May"???

Flyers and Rangers. Hope not...but we wont get by the devils if we win Sunday and continue to play like this. Heck..we made the Senators look like the number 1 seed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    5 on 5. GOAL!!!!!!!'

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    BRING ON THE DEVILS!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want to taste Kathryn Tappen.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So great. I'm at a bar in Bay Ridge and winning is such a great feeling. Knowing this could actually happen is amazing. Keep in mind 2 things. My teams are mets jets and rangers. Also, the rangers won the cup on my 7th birthday. Not to sound like a douche...but as a loyal fan to my teams I really deserve stuff like this sometimes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    So great. I'm at a bar in Bay Ridge and winning is such a great feeling. Knowing this could actually happen is amazing. Keep in mind 2 things. My teams are mets jets and rangers. Also, the rangers won the cup on my 7th birthday. Not to sound like a douche...but as a loyal fan to my teams I really deserve stuff like this sometimes.
    Holy crap, you were 7?!!? I was 22. LOL

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im pretty much in the same boat as you, minus the strong hockey interest. I hope you get some success.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holy crap, you were 7?!!? I was 22. LOL
    I was 33.......crap you guys make me OLD.

One ofnthe greatest moments in my sports life. NY was electric.